How to Install a Extended Slide Stop? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How to Install a Extended Slide Stop?

HotRoderX
02-12-2011, 12:31
I ordered one of these
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=7373
for my Glock 17 Gen 4 and it should be here Tuesday. Will I been looking online trying to figure out how hard they are to install. Google and Bling both failed me looking for any information on this. Could someone link me a sight or just give me a basic Idea of what I am looking at as far as getting this installed.

Thanks Guys.

voyager4520
02-12-2011, 12:46
Slide Stop change/install: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQbYqWBLa9w
(^^^DO NOT use a mallet to force the pins, wiggle the slide stop until the trigger pin slides relatively freely through)

He finally starts at about 2:20 into the video. You need a 3/32 inch punch like the Glock Armorer Tool. You could probably use a slightly larger punch since the diameter of the trigger pin is much larger than 3/32. When reinstalling the pin, it's easier to go from the right side of the frame to the left, that way the slide stop only has to slide over one groove in the trigger pin.

HotRoderX
02-12-2011, 13:42
Slide Stop change/install: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQbYqWBLa9w
(^^^DO NOT use a mallet to force the pins, wiggle the slide stop until the trigger pin slides relatively freely through)

He finally starts at about 2:20 into the video. You need a 3/32 inch punch like the Glock Armorer Tool. You could probably use a slightly larger punch since the diameter of the trigger pin is much larger than 3/32. When reinstalling the pin, it's easier to go from the right side of the frame to the left, that way the slide stop only has to slide over one groove in the trigger pin.

Wow thank you for the video. That so easy to install cant believe I was thinking about paying a local shop to install it for me. I will definitely not go for the mallet and reinstall the pen going from the right side

voyager4520
02-12-2011, 13:45
Don't use a mallet, wiggle the slide stop until the trigger pin slides through relatively freely.

HotRoderX
02-12-2011, 14:23
Don't use a mallet, wiggle the slide stop until the trigger pin slides through relatively freely.

Yea no mallet I screwed up and typed that out wrong its been fixed. Sorry about that I would never take a Hammer or Mallet to any firearm I own. Except maybe the Ruger 22/45 I am getting it says use a mallet in the owners manual

HotRoderX
02-16-2011, 14:57
Voyager4520 Thanks for the video I followed it step by step minus the mallet and small changes you told me. It went flawless =). Took maybe 30secs to install I am very pleased and appreciate your help. I am glad I have you guys for my noob glock needs =p

voyager4520
02-16-2011, 15:03
Congrats, glad you got it installed ok!

lethal tupperwa
02-16-2011, 15:15
Some of the "terminology" in the video (profanity) is unnecessary Glocks are easy to work on.

voyager4520
02-16-2011, 15:19
It's not my video, it's Pete from theArmorychannel. He's a character alright, but I like his videos for the most part and his was the best video I could find that showed the proper position of the spring.

I'd like to make my own video at some point so I don't have to put little warnings all over the place whenever I link to his.

KarlThomas
02-16-2011, 15:30
Now you understand a new reason to love your glock. Soooooo easy to work on.

Hunng
02-16-2011, 15:47
Pete is awesome, hes like my new Saturday morning cartoons for adulthood...watch him every wknd.

HotRoderX
02-16-2011, 15:48
Now you understand a new reason to love your glock. Soooooo easy to work on.

I am dumbfounded about how stupid simple the gun is. Is there any part of the gun that's hard to work on? I am really really happy I went with a Glock for my first pistol. Thing is definitely Kiss (Keep it stupid simple) Approved.

voyager4520
02-16-2011, 16:16
Probably the only difficult thing is if the slide lock spring breaks, leaving a piece of the spring inside the slot that it fits into. Some people have gotten them out with surgical tools, I think Butch used a rare Earth magnet in one instance.

tx787
02-16-2011, 16:32
I'm an idiot when it comes to fixing stuff on guns (I completely f'ed up a P226 slide by trying to insert new roll pins) but was able to swap out the Glock slide stop lever with ease.

fullhouse
02-16-2011, 16:55
I am dumbfounded about how stupid simple the gun is. Is there any part of the gun that's hard to work on? I am really really happy I went with a Glock for my first pistol. Thing is definitely Kiss (Keep it stupid simple) Approved.

Glocks are dam near monkey proof.
They take down easy.
Go together easy.
Everything is drop in. ... :supergrin:

lethal tupperwa
02-16-2011, 16:57
you just need to "drop" in the right order.

internal
02-16-2011, 17:11

The glocks are stupid simple to take fully apart.
All the parts are drop in and require no fitting.

Not only that, once you learn one glock, you've pretty much learn how to work on all the models, sizes, calibers, etc.