Air Purefiers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Air Purefiers

Jack Greenwell
02-12-2011, 17:56
Looking at getting an air purefier because I'm allergic to my cat and I'm wondering if it's worth the buy. Do any of you have any recomendations on a specific brand, or do you think they work at all? I've been looking at some in the $300 range, but I'll be interested in anything that would work.

srhoades
02-12-2011, 21:27
Stay away from Oreck. If you have ever seen the infomercial they claim they that take odor out of the air. They then proceed to have these scent sticks that make the air smell good. I guess they don't work too well at taking odor out of the air if you can smell the scent stick.

solomansousana
02-14-2011, 17:07
When we lived in our old house we used the following, and it did a splendid job, but it is costly, http://www.air-purifiers-america.com/product.asp?product=IQAir-HealthPro-Plus&linkid=top10AIQAir Now, in our newly built home, we had a HEPPA system installed, it does run a large bit over a normal system, but the air quality is noticable.

mike7465
02-15-2011, 13:28
This is one of those things that will seem so redneck it isn't even funny. Oh my god does it work.
Get a cheap box fan from Walmart for about $15. Goto lowes and get one of their 1900PPM air filters, and stick it on the back of the fan. The filter costs about 20 bucks a pop and will last for about 3 months.
Best air filter system ever.

Jack Greenwell
02-17-2011, 20:32
When we lived in our old house we used the following, and it did a splendid job, but it is costly, http://www.air-purifiers-america.com/product.asp?product=IQAir-HealthPro-Plus&linkid=top10AIQAir Now, in our newly built home, we had a HEPPA system installed, it does run a large bit over a normal system, but the air quality is noticable.

Your link didn't work, what brand was yours?

solomansousana
02-18-2011, 12:37
IQAir Health Pro Plus HyperHEPA Air Purifier system

1 old 0311
02-18-2011, 13:21
Oreck is the BEST buy far. Get refurbished ones from e-bay, I bought 3 from there. I smoke 2 1/2 packs of cigarettes a DAY. Everyone that comes into my house says "wow you don't smoke in here do you."

G-Lock808
02-18-2011, 14:49
This is one of those things that will seem so redneck it isn't even funny. Oh my god does it work.
Get a cheap box fan from Walmart for about $15. Goto lowes and get one of their 1900PPM air filters, and stick it on the back of the fan. The filter costs about 20 bucks a pop and will last for about 3 months.
Best air filter system ever.

:rofl:redneck ingenuity... that actually sounds like a great idea, guarantee that box fan pulls more air than any air cleaner.

RWBlue
02-18-2011, 15:05
I have two I bought at radio shack years ago. They are now at my parents house.

Now I have another location so I am looking for something new.