unusual problem... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : unusual problem...

KING-PIN
02-14-2011, 03:25
Hey all. I have an asus Eeepc and was adjusting the screen brightness. Well, it somehow kind of glitched and dimmed the screen all the way to black. Now I can't see to turn the brightness back up.

Any suggestions? I feel stupid but honestly don't know what to do. Surely I didn't just junk my computer over something this silly.

Thanks for any help in advance.

epoxy252
02-14-2011, 06:49
Depending on your model there should be an Fn + Key on the keyboard somewhere that manually adjusts the screen brightness. There also might be an option in the bios. I don't have an Eee Pc but that is how it works on laptops. It's also possible that you switched it to output display only on the vga port instead of the lcd.

HerrGlock
02-14-2011, 06:55
Plug an external monitor in and see if you get any pic.

If you can see that, see if you can alter the brightness on the built in screen.

KING-PIN
02-14-2011, 09:42
Depending on your model there should be an Fn + Key on the keyboard somewhere that manually adjusts the screen brightness. There also might be an option in the bios. I don't have an Eee Pc but that is how it works on laptops. It's also possible that you switched it to output display only on the vga port instead of the lcd. I'll try that. I know i didn't bump it into output display though. My finger slipped too far on the pad and it jerked all the way to the end of the "Dim" end. It was over from there.

Plug an external monitor in and see if you get any pic.

If you can see that, see if you can alter the brightness on the built in screen.

Going to give this a try. Can't believe it will actually let you dim it all the way down to absolutely nothing with no simple way to get it back.

:wavey:

IndyGunFreak
02-14-2011, 09:54
I'll try that. I know i didn't bump it into output display though. My finger slipped too far on the pad and it jerked all the way to the end of the "Dim" end. It was over from there.

On my Acer laptop/netbooks...(and I think my old Asus netbook was the same)...

Look at the "arrow" keys, you should see a "bright sun" and a "dark sun"...

FN + appropriate key.

IGF

KING-PIN
02-14-2011, 11:21
On my Acer laptop/netbooks...(and I think my old Asus netbook was the same)...

Look at the "arrow" keys, you should see a "bright sun" and a "dark sun"...

FN + appropriate key.

IGF

Ok cool. I'll check it shortly.

Thanks