Crossbows [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crossbows

2glock40s
02-15-2011, 16:33
Who's got one and what kind? Thinking of getting one but don't really know where to start. I would use it to hunt and just shoot for fun. I really like the PSE TAC series but seems pretty steep in price. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

GeorgiaGlockMan
02-16-2011, 10:36
Who's got one and what kind? Thinking of getting one but don't really know where to start. I would use it to hunt and just shoot for fun. I really like the PSE TAC series but seems pretty steep in price. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The Ten Points, Excalibers and Hortons look like nice ones but I've not shot any of those. . . . . BUT am interested in what others say because someday I may not be able to pull my bow back and I'll never give up arrow slinging.

TScottW99
03-06-2011, 01:27
I have owned two. Both super accurate, great triggers and fun to shoot. I sold my Excalibur Excel because the limbs were so dang wide. If I hunted food plots or flat land I would buy another. However I hunt the hills and that thing was a pain to carry. Awesome trigger though.

I now hunt with a Parker Tornado and love it! Great trigger, so much easier to carry in the mountains, very accurate!

http://parkerbows.com/pb/2007/crossbows.html?action=detail&detailsku=1102

Cherokee Slim
03-06-2011, 15:24
I took a Barnett Panzer 5 with me to my assignments in Mexico and Peru. They come apart easily to pack for travel. I have killed many smaller animals with it. Javalinas were the largest. It worked well with anacondas and the smaller snakes that we didn't want to get close to. I tried a .22 rifle scope on it but ended up with a BSA red dot scope. They work well when you need to be quiet. Like a regular compound bow you can't hit a hard backdrop without damaging the bolts so you have to be careful. A hard bone will also do a job on the bolt.
Cherokee Slim