Blu ray players won't let you skip trailers? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Blu ray players won't let you skip trailers?

jpa
02-16-2011, 20:04
I can't stand this crap and can't figure out a way around it. Anyone else? I really don't want to watch trailers for the Notebook while I'm trying to watch the Expendables.

BigChuck73
02-16-2011, 20:22
I can't tell you how much this annoys me!! My player, my movie...how dare they lock me from skipping? On some I've been able to fast forward....but not the same!

Dalton Wayne
02-16-2011, 20:22
It's not the player it's the DVD's some do some don't

datnvan
02-16-2011, 21:45
i skip trailers with no problem. but i use a ps3. i cant go straight to the menu on some movies, i must skip each trailer one at a time.

CitizenOfDreams
02-16-2011, 21:49
Early DVD players could not skip "mandatory" parts like FBI copyright warnings either. Give the Chinese a few years.

Ogreon
02-16-2011, 23:31
It's not the player it's the DVD's some do some don't

The disc is the main culprit, however, the player is also culpable. They are designed so that the disc can override the function that would allow one to skip the ads.

RDW
02-17-2011, 13:19
I skip trailers all the time.

mine9
02-18-2011, 02:17
I was so happy that my Panasonic blu-ray would skip the previews... Then I did a firmware update(mandatory if you want to use the streaming features, and I use it to watch Netflix). No more skipping or fast forwarding. However, at least on mine, I found that if you hit the "Top Menu" button on the remote, it dumps you to the BR players main function menu, where you can then tell it to go straight to the disc's movie menu. Annoying, but at least it's something. Then again, it got REAL annoying when included in the previews were product ads... Do I really need a gum commercial on my blu-ray movies? Ugh. Stick to warnings and movie previews at least!