Ois [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ois

texmex
02-17-2011, 00:10
I got cleared today on an officer involved shooting that occurred on Tuesday, Feb 8. I guess now a days that is pretty quick. I've been on administrative duty untill this afternoon. The last step was to be cleared by the shrink and the Ranger doing the investigation. This whole episode was handled very professionally and very well by my supervisors and the investigators from the Sheriff's Office and the Texas Rangers. There are all kinds of news stories on the net about the OIS near Hutto High School. The PIO did a good job of getting only he information they were sure of out in a timely manner. Most of the press coverage has been fair and balanced. The bad guy appears to be recovering well. Only one officer was injured and it appears that a full recovery is possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DWZal7yHuA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a11GjQ8Zlgw

Out of the five officers that fired, I was the only one who used a rifle. I wish I would have had a flashbang to through through the window. A willie pete might have worked also but it is kind of gruesome. My new Tahoe came without a pushbumper or brushguard. That would have helped. At one point he stopped and I could have closed with him in front hoping someone else would close in back to get him pinned. I think all four tires were already flat.

WE need a device like a taser that would attach to a vehicle by magnetic mount and destroy it's ignition system. Just try to be better prepared next time.

Kahr_Glockman
02-17-2011, 00:23
You were involved in that mess? Glad you guys got the SOB. There was so much crap that the news media was spouting that turned out to not be true.

If you need anything PM me.

indigent
02-17-2011, 10:52
We should be seeing him sometime in the near future at our fine establishment once the docs patch him up. We'll take good care of him.

silverado_mick
02-17-2011, 11:17
Glad you are ok, your guys are ok, and you got the BG. If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to ask.

Ajon412
02-17-2011, 11:23
Glad to hear that you and your guys are alright and that it turned out well......

PinkoCommie
02-17-2011, 16:05
Glad you and all the LEOs involved are OK. Strong work!

Kahr_Glockman
02-17-2011, 16:19
We should be seeing him sometime in the near future at our fine establishment once the docs patch him up. We'll take good care of him.

I ment to tell you the other day that I have actually a guy cry when he found out he was going to your jail. He was fine when he thought that he was going to jail we normally take people. He freakin' cried wehn he found out we were passing him off to your counties deputies.

He had a rap as long as my arm and he cried about it.:supergrin:

texmex
02-17-2011, 19:04
I've heard stories of people being arrested in north west Austin and really going nuts when they realize they are going to Williamson County instead of Travis County. The bank robber Austin chased up here got 75 years for the armed robbery in Travis County. He got 99 years for evading arrest in Williamson County.

Thanks for the kind words of support from everyone.

txleapd
02-17-2011, 19:32
I've heard stories of people being arrested in north west Austin and really going nuts when they realize they are going to Williamson County instead of Travis County. The bank robber Austin chased up here got 75 years for the armed robbery in Travis County. He got 99 years for evading arrest in Williamson County.

The WilCo DA refused to be outdone by a Travis County jury on that one. :supergrin:

Glad you're OK, and 9 days is very fast to get cleared for an OIS. Those investigations rarely take too long when the Rangers are running them.

MeefZah
02-18-2011, 00:41
Job well done, bro!

Panzergrenadier1979
02-18-2011, 07:50
:wow:

Looks like a good job by all!

I had to stop reading the comments left by cop-haters in the OP's video links. Exactly who do these self-righteous, judgmental, ignorant, Monday-morning-quarterbacks with ZERO law enforcement training or experience call when they need help?! :steamed: These are probably the same folks who would file a complaint that an officer took to long to respond to THEIR precious emergency.

I am mystified at the rage and resentment that exists towards police in general.....

DaBigBR
02-18-2011, 12:06

99 years for evading arrest? That is freakin' awesome. Literally the most you can get for that charge alone in this state is 5 years, and then you have to be exceeding posted by 25 MPH or more and drunk, committing a drug violation, committing any felony, or cause injury.

Cochese
02-18-2011, 14:10
I can't help but laugh when I think of who is providing his follow-up medical care while he's cooling his heels. :tbo:

txleapd
02-18-2011, 17:52
99 years for evading arrest? That is freakin' awesome.

Ain't it though? Which county do you think I chose to live in? :supergrin:

Kahr_Glockman
02-18-2011, 19:01
I work in Travis and live in Williamson. Williamson kicks ass. Not to mention if you run from a Wilco deputy, your gettin shot! The reputation they have is legendary around here.

My car got burgaled and the thieves were horrified when they found out that Wilco was handling the prosecution.

OldCurlyWolf
02-19-2011, 11:56
ANY county in the state is better than Travis County as a place to live.

texmex
04-02-2012, 23:28
The final arguments in this case are tomorrow morning. I'll let everyone know the final outcome.

Newcop761
04-02-2012, 23:38
Texmex : Glad you're OK.

I hope the crook gets his.

TBO
04-02-2012, 23:43
:agree:

txleapd
04-03-2012, 04:29
99 years for evading arrest? That is freakin' awesome. Literally the most you can get for that charge alone in this state is 5 years, and then you have to be exceeding posted by 25 MPH or more and drunk, committing a drug violation, committing any felony, or cause injury.

WilCo gave a guy life for failure to register as a sex offender. :supergrin:

cowboywannabe
04-03-2012, 04:35
glad youre o.k.

youtube alabama cops shooting

RVER
04-03-2012, 04:45
Glad to hear you made it thru the OIS OK. Stay safe and keep your head in the game.

Agent6-3/8
04-03-2012, 06:43
Glad to hear the good news, bro! :thumbsup:

texmex
04-16-2012, 01:26
The jury gave the guy 10 years for DWI with a deadly weapon, 10 years for evading with a deadly weapon and 15 years for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
The deadly weapon part meas he has to serve half his time day for day before he is eligible for parole. More than likely, he will be deported after 7 1/2 years. Maybe he will look at all the scars from the gunshot wounds and decide to stay in Mexico.

Cochese
04-16-2012, 02:48
Maybe he will look at all the scars from the gunshot wounds and decide to stay in Mexico.

:cheers: