Calls needed - ask cullerton to support concealed carry! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Calls needed - ask cullerton to support concealed carry!

05FLHT
02-17-2011, 15:03
Pfleger on his facebook page has requested his 3500+ followers to call Senate President John Cullertons office at 217-782-2728
and tell him that if he supports concealed carry he will blah, blah blah.

Not sure if we have that many members here, but I would love for this top back fire in his face. I called and the receptionist is keeping a tally.

"Hi I would like for the Senate President to support a concealed carry bill."

Senate President John Cullertons office 217-782-2728

Originally posted by Sigma on illinoiscarry.com. If you've never called a politicians office before, relax. You will talk to a very nice secretary who will ask why you are calling. Simply say you are calling to ask if Mr. Cullerton "WILL SUPPORT" a concealed carry bill this year. They will ask for your name and city, thank you, and you're done!

No excuses!

volsbear
02-18-2011, 11:54
I can't believe people actually buy into this type of propaganda.

Sure, Pfleger says to tell Cullerton to support a bill. And then maybe Cullerton and even Madigan might elude to a potential compromise. And then in a month the bill will get buried in committee. And when people ask Cullerton and Madigan what the problem is, they'll say "hey I couldn't call the bill because it never made it out of committee."

Two years ago at I-Gold Governor Quinn stood before a group of female ISRA members and committed to signing the concealed carry bill if the general assembly were to pass it. On that date, the bill had made it through committee (initially) but then it was banished back into another committee where it died.

Do not fool yourself into forgetting that EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF IMPORTANT LEGISLATION in this state is CAREFULLY CRAFTED to meet the democratic agenda. Every single vote is orchestrated.

IndianaMatt
02-18-2011, 19:44
I know concealed carry is probably hopeless in Illinois. But what the heck, I'll make the call on Monday.

Can't complain about the state of the law if you don't make at least a minimum effort to change it.

volsbear
02-20-2011, 07:47
So I'll see you at I-Gold?

You can meet as many representatives in the General Assembly as you want, file comment cards, express your support or lack thereof to pending bills, and also hang out with some pretty cool pro-2A dudes.

IndianaMatt
02-21-2011, 14:51
So I'll see you at I-Gold?

You can meet as many representatives in the General Assembly as you want, file comment cards, express your support or lack thereof to pending bills, and also hang out with some pretty cool pro-2A dudes.

I really want to make it down there. Its just such a shame they made it smack dab in the middle of the work week. I'm doing what I can to reschedule clients and cases so that I can get down there, but not sure if I'll be able to by March 10.

volsbear
02-21-2011, 20:55
I really want to make it down there. Its just such a shame they made it smack dab in the middle of the work week. I'm doing what I can to reschedule clients and cases so that I can get down there, but not sure if I'll be able to by March 10.

"They" is actually the General Assembly's calendar. ISRA got on the calendar years ago as the second thursday in March. And generally the way to keep your spot to lobby is to keep the same day. There will be a few different things going on down there, but by far the largest will be I-GOLD. And I-GOLD will constitute the only march that day.

If you haven't been there, it's something to see. Legislators from Chicago literally hide.

Mochahooligan
02-21-2011, 21:25
We have to keep trying thats all!

volsbear
03-03-2011, 10:59
HB 112 and HB 148 are in committee on March 8th. Rumors I'm hearing is that the house has roughly 63-71 votes in favor. Of course, bills need to be called for a vote first.

House Speaker Mike Madigan - (217) 782-5350.

Senate President John Cullerton - (217) 782-2728.