Help..... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help.....

new2town
02-18-2011, 16:16
I installed a set fo Meprolite night sights for a friend today & things went down hill after that.
First I noticed that they were Adjustable. Well I placed them in the sight jig & Slide them on only to discover that they were too high to be removed from the jig. I had no choice but to remove them.... Well then, I very carefully drifted the sight back into place on my work bench.
You guessed it. NOW it is loose. Do I just say I'm sorry & give him $125.00 for a new set. or is there anything else I can do?? Locktite?? Or bite the bullet.
Thanks,

RayB
02-19-2011, 09:34
Forgive me, but based on what you've written, I have only a vague idea of the problem and what caused it. :headscratch:

Could you edit and revise your post, with a little more explanation as to how you got to this place? :dunno:

Look, you're a good guy to do this for your friend, but did you damage your friend's sight? If so, yes, you should replace it for him. :eyebrow:

Sometimes, people misunderstand another person's hesitation to offer help with a given thing. Often it's because the person being asked has lived long and seen much... :fred:

--Ray