Chevy pop-up on GlockTalk screens [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Chevy pop-up on GlockTalk screens

NRA_guy
02-18-2011, 17:15
At work, where I must use Internet Explorer and do not have Admin Rights, I get a Chevy pop-up at the bottom of the screen when I log into GlockTalk and cannot make it go away.

It covers about the bottom 1/4 of my screen.

It creeps up from the bottom and sits there.

I do not get it at home on my desktop or laptop running either IE or Firefox.

Anybody got a solution?

I could live with it if I could click and make it go away. It interferes with my reading posts big time.

IndyGunFreak
02-18-2011, 17:51
Become a paid member?

Internet Explorer should have a way to handle this, but w/o admin rights, it's likely you just can't enable it.... I'm afraid you're stuck.

IGF

1985 4Runner
02-18-2011, 18:07
Become a paid member?

Internet Explorer should have a way to handle this, but w/o admin rights, it's likely you just can't enable it.... I'm afraid you're stuck.

IGF

It's anoying on the PC, even more so on my smart phone.

Especially seeing as how I would never buy a Chevy. Seeing that if my tax dollars that paid for the bailout now go to GT, should I still pay for a membership?

IndyGunFreak
02-18-2011, 18:18
It's anoying on the PC, even more so on my smart phone.

Especially seeing as how I would never buy a Chevy. Seeing that if my tax dollars that paid for the bailout now go to GT, should I still pay for a membership?

Your gripe should be w/ GM on how they spend their advertising money. Your displeasure with being a "part owner" of GM.. really has nothing to do w/ GT.

IGF

digbmx4130
02-18-2011, 19:19
I get it from time to time, all I do is click the white [x].

NRA_guy
02-19-2011, 08:46
I get it from time to time, all I do is click the white [x].

I get no white [x].

I looked.

It's strange because I never, ever see the GM pop-up on any other PC except at work.

And I never see the GM pop-up on any other web site I visit at work.

I have my IE pop-up control set on "MAX" but I still get the GM pop-up.

prism
02-19-2011, 12:26
can you change display pixel size? maybe the closing X is off the screen

Gunshine
02-19-2011, 12:46

This is the solution. The x ix there on the right. You just can't see it. Adjust your screen.

Geezer Glide
02-19-2011, 13:24
A gun forum is selling space for ads for Obama's Government Motors which was kept alive with taxpayer's dollars? How ironic.

shubble72
02-19-2011, 13:41
Ford was bailed out a few years back too.

NRA_guy
02-19-2011, 15:58

Thanks.

I'll give that a try Tuesday when I get back to the office.

I thought I had tried scrolling to the right, but may not. And maybe changing the resolution is what I need to do.

Thanks all.

IndyGunFreak
02-20-2011, 06:55
Ford was bailed out a few years back too.

I thought Ford was the only one that didn't take the bailout.

IGF

relayman
02-20-2011, 07:22
Ford got a loan behind the scenes . Different kind of thing than the TARP money .
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/12/blue-ops-the-clandestine-bailout-of-ford/

ChuteTheMall
02-20-2011, 07:44
Each day, the first time I log on to GT, I get the popup. I click the Close box.
Then I click on a menu, and I get it once more. I click the Close box again.
That's all there is to it.

For the next 24 hours, whether I log on or off multiple times, it doesn't matter because I did my 2 clicks.
No problems at all with the fact that GT sells these popup ads.

I do have a big problem with Obama's Government Motors, and I hope they go bankrupt and start over honestly, without the UAW, and I'll never buy another new product from them. They must fail.

But I have no problems with the two GT pop-ups. ibtl.

IndyGunFreak
02-20-2011, 08:16
Ford got a loan behind the scenes . Different kind of thing than the TARP money .
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/12/blue-ops-the-clandestine-bailout-of-ford/

:upeyes:

PrO...
02-20-2011, 09:18
It's a pain on my smart phone but I just click it away