Of all the serious calibers for carry, which is less known to overpenetrate [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Of all the serious calibers for carry, which is less known to overpenetrate

SENEN_NIEVES
02-18-2011, 18:57
Hello Mr. Ayoob

First of all i am a big fan, and have read a some magazine articles about you, and read 1 of your books, i consider you to be one of the top firearms instructors in the country, and i would like to here you imput on which caliber and possibly round, which would be less prone to overpenetration, i currently carry a 2nd generation glock 19 with 124 + p speer golddot, and i shoot its well, but i always think in the possibly of overpenetration., i just wondering if the 40 caliber, 45, 357 sig are better choices for this reason??

Mas Ayoob
02-18-2011, 19:00
The 124 Gold Dot +P 9mm is an excellent choice for your G19. Far from being overpenetrative, it was NYPD's heavily-researched answer to overpenetration problems they had with their previous duty ammo. From NYC to Chicago to Las Vegas, it has turned out to be an excellent man-stopper as well.

Carry it with confidence.

Best,
Mas

SENEN_NIEVES
02-18-2011, 19:03
Thank you very much for your promt reply, by the way, im a big fan.