Bar Dot sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bar Dot sights

nukehayes
02-19-2011, 12:18
Hey guys, did a quick search for replacement bar dot style sights, can't seem to find any threads on them. I love the stock sights on my Kahr PM9 and would like to replicate that on my G19. Any suggestions. I have looked all over Midway and Brownells and can't seem to find what I want. Thanks for your help.

RayB
02-19-2011, 19:22
Good luck! :upeyes:

Aside from XS & Kimber, I find nothing--just outdated forums. :whistling:

Any other unicorns you want us to look for? :tongueout:

--Ray

gh0st614
02-19-2011, 20:32
Ameriglo I Dot Pros

TSAX
02-21-2011, 04:14
XS Big Dots or Standard or the Henie Straight 8

http://www.xssights.com/sightimages.html

RayB
02-21-2011, 07:28
I assume you want a “vertical bar” on the rear sight...

MMC used to offer what you want. But MMC is on shaky ground business-wise, and even if you could contact them, I don't think you want to be giving them your money.

While XS does offer a vertical bar rear sight, it lacks the traditional sight notch, offering more of a subtle wedge-shape.

I Dots use a vertical alignment system, but lack the vertical bar you're looking for.

I suppose, you could buy a plain black sight from AmeriGlo, say, and have a slight vertical "bar" ground into the center of it. Then fill that "bar" with white paint; epoxy or engine paint would be a good choice.

You could then pair your customized rear sight with an appropriate front sight--AmeriGlo could no doubt hook you up!

For a handy guy with access to the right tools, this is completely doable, and shouldn’t cost a fortune!

--Ray

bigleaf
02-21-2011, 08:33
If you can stand dot/dot, rather than bar/dot, Warren Tactical makes a Dave Sevigny carry night sight that's the bomb.

I've got smaller-dot XS night sights on a Kahr that I like really well, too. The Sevigny's would be tougher for every day, IMHO.