best distance to sight in laser? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : best distance to sight in laser?

rudeguy
02-20-2011, 17:53
I bought and installed a Crimson Trace on my Glock 26. Out of the box it was pretty far off. I first adjusted it at around 7 yards and got it very accurate. But when I put the target out to 15 yards, I was shooting about six inches off. Using the iron sights I was right on target.

Is this normal or am I missing something? Is there a recommended distance to sight these in at?

8541/9999
02-21-2011, 07:35
With a laser you can choose to 1 sight them in for a given distance like you did at 7 yds and everything else will be off. The line of the bore and the line of the laser will only intersect at 7 yds. or you can choose to run them parallel to the bore forever and except the fact its 1/2 inch or more from the bore depending on model. A laser at 6 or 12 oclock from the line of the bore will be on target longer and closer over a longer distance than one located at 3 or 9o clock

rudeguy
02-21-2011, 17:03
With a laser you can choose to 1 sight them in for a given distance like you did at 7 yds and everything else will be off. The line of the bore and the line of the laser will only intersect at 7 yds. or you can choose to run them parallel to the bore forever and except the fact its 1/2 inch or more from the bore depending on model. A laser at 6 or 12 oclock from the line of the bore will be on target longer and closer over a longer distance than one located at 3 or 9o clock

thanks for the reply. I never thought of that.

Looks like I'll be selling off the CT.