Ranges that take unlicensed civilians? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ranges that take unlicensed civilians?

Unnamed
02-20-2011, 19:47
I'm a NYC LEO and I'd like to take a coworker (support staff, non-sworn) shooting since she's never fired a gun, even though she works in law enforcement. I'm having trouble finding a range in the tri-state area that is willing to let me bring her along. She would be firing my own handguns, but most ranges seem to require that even guests have a pistol license. I expected New York to be this difficult, but was hoping that somewhere in the surrounding area the laws would be a little more lenient. Can anyone suggest a range where I could take her?

Wil Ufgood
02-20-2011, 19:52
Try giving this range a call.

http://www.masterclassrange.com/

It's a little bit of a drive.

Alan Antopol
02-25-2011, 17:45
From my experience, ranges in Jersey allow adults without permits to shoot. They ask only for your driver's license.

www.shoreshotpistolrange.com is a good range in Lakewood.

Have a fine weekend! Alan

Fastphil
02-26-2011, 06:26
Bullet Hole Bellvile nj let my daugher shoot

James Dean
02-26-2011, 09:57
Come to NJ. You won't have a problem. Even my kids shoot.

Broomcornsuncle
03-26-2011, 11:16
Bullet Hole Bellvile nj let my daugher shoot

That is a popular North Jersey spot. One of the few 'round here.

xxwhytmykxx
03-29-2011, 23:10
bullethole is closer and cheaper ($13 per lane per hour)

shoreshot is $20/person per hour. however they do rent guns if you wanna see other rifles/handguns and is rarely crowded.

snowcrash75
04-04-2011, 20:55
Thumbd up for the bullethole. Take the lincoln to rt 3, its real easy to get to. Staff is pleasent and the rates are pretty good. Not sure about the legality of u bringing firearms into Nj, but i guess as an LEO u probly know where to find those answers :-)

RocPO
04-08-2011, 09:00
Thumbd up for the bullethole. Take the lincoln to rt 3, its real easy to get to. Staff is pleasent and the rates are pretty good. Not sure about the legality of u bringing firearms into Nj, but i guess as an LEO u probly know where to find those answers :-)

He's covered under LEOSA.

Unnamed: Just make sure you make probation before you bring the cute office tail to the range. I know my job would have had an issue, especially if its an issued duty weapon.