CR123a batteries [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CR123a batteries

phxccw
02-21-2011, 09:18
Does anyone have some good recommendations for some CR123a batteries that are cheaper than the $24 per 12 Surefire jobbers? I was going to do Tenergy rechargeable, but didn't want to go that route yet. So disposables are fine.
Thanks.

WayaX
02-21-2011, 09:25
Rechargeale batteries in a high drain device are a no-no (unless made specifically for such uses). Surefire is about the cheapest for quality batteries. Most of the cheaper ones are not made for high drain devices and you risk a battery venting or rupturing, turning your flashlight into a mini grenade. Not to mention venting lithium gas is highly toxic.

MrVvrroomm
02-21-2011, 14:49
Does anyone have some good recommendations for some CR123a batteries that are cheaper than the $24 per 12 Surefire jobbers?
Google doesn't work on your computer?

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=surefire+cr123+&_sacat=0&_odkw=cr123+surefire&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

tysercom
02-21-2011, 14:57
Try the Titanium Innovations CR123A, they've gotten good reviews on some flashlight forums and can be had around a dollar each.

texas 48
02-21-2011, 23:28
Does anyone have some good recommendations for some CR123a batteries that are cheaper than the $24 per 12 Surefire jobbers? I was going to do Tenergy rechargeable, but didn't want to go that route yet. So disposables are fine.
Thanks.

check battery junction or WWW.lighthound.com

sharp
02-21-2011, 23:37
Thanks.

I thought that was a great deal after having bought them at Walgreens for something like $16 each:wow:.

swinokur
02-22-2011, 06:01
Check the acceptable voltage range for your flashlight. If it wasn't designed for rechargeable lithium batteries, using them can permanently damage the light. Lights that use CR123 batteries are either rated 3v(1 battery) or 6V (2 batteries). Rechargeable lithiums nominal voltage is 3.7 volts for one battery. This higher voltage can ruin the LED and driver circuit permanently.

If your light can handle 9 volts max you are ok. Rechargeable lithium batteries are nit exactly the same dimensions as primary batteries. If the diameter is close, alll you may need to do is adjust the spring holding the batteries.

Wikipedia has a good list of the styles of batteries. Google can help.

Surefire batteries are reasonably priced and well made.

jr05
02-22-2011, 06:24
Try the Titanium Innovations CR123A, they've gotten good reviews on some flashlight forums and can be had around a dollar each.

I will second this, I have been using these in my G2 with Malkoff conversion and they have performed very well. I have not noticed any difference in performance over the more expensive batteries and runtimes are the same.