Night sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Night sights

Jamos5790
02-21-2011, 09:35
Do any of yall just use the front sight as night sight and rear sight the stock sight? Im thinking of getting NS and was wondering if this worked well. Also if you do which sight do you like?

Braden
02-21-2011, 10:04
To answer your first question, yes, some people do that. I never have though so I don't know how well it works.

To answer your second question, I've tried Trijicon, Meprolight and AmeriGlo in various forms and color combinations and have ultimately decided that my favorite is the XS Sight Systems Big Dot night sights. I can get on target faster with the Big Dots than any other sight system that I have tried. I have the Big Dots on my G19 and am expecting shipment of three more sets for my G17, G23 and G36 later this week.

dj_osbo
02-21-2011, 11:26
Some people seem to prefer having only a front night sight. However, my preference is for having front and back night sights, and I really like the AmeriGlo sights I have.

MeefZah
02-21-2011, 11:44
I had the front only night sight setup for years, but now that I have the full night sight setup, I realize how lacking that really was.

I would not use only a front night sight again.

I like both Glock OEM, Trijicon and Meprolights, Meps I think are a bit nicer and they are cheaper, too.

firemedic1343
02-21-2011, 11:47
I'm thinking about just devoting the night sight money to a laser my next go round. Maybe Lasermax...

Jamos5790
02-26-2011, 16:17
Well I went with Trijicon night sights. They seem to look pretty good. I'm going to try them in a low light setting and test my accuracy with them. I haven't shot with them on yet but I think I'm gonna enjoy them.

TSAX
02-26-2011, 16:43
If you go with XS and the stock rear go with the standard front dot instead of the big dot.

http://www.xssights.com/sightimages.html