G17 trigger bar in G19 (reset?) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G17 trigger bar in G19 (reset?)

rhw19
02-22-2011, 07:54
I replaced the serrated trigger with a smooth trigger in a G19. After 400 rounds and probably thousands of "dry fires" on the new trigger bar, I noticed that if pressing the trigger hard (very firm grip, etc.), to the stop, after a dry fire, a secondary "click" is heard. This is the trigger bar "cruciform?" releasing upward. Is this normal/a problem (I am concerned about going auto, etc.)? When racking the slide, the trigger resets per normal. I cannot detect any problem with resets when releasing the trigger after racking the slide.

Thanks for any advice.

DannyR
02-22-2011, 08:35
Did you use the orange half cover plate to check engagement?

rhw19
02-22-2011, 10:00
I don't have such a cover plate, -- but I can see thru the hole in the cover plate, and the engagement between the firing pin lug and the cruciform (seems solid). I have no idea why< if i dry fire and pull the trigger back "all the way" and firmly, -- I get this secondary "click", which sounds like the same "click" if I manually reset the trigger bar with the slide removed.

Thanks for the reply/help.

rhw19
02-23-2011, 08:00
Glock tech opined that the g17 bar (for reasons unknown) might be a tad longer than the g19 bar. I replaced the 17 /w the 19 and no problem. I then took a whetstone (very smooth), and worked on the end of the G17 bar that goes into the connector (very little work). It cured the problem with the G17 bar.

DEJ/FL
03-03-2011, 16:29
Have you lubricated the area were the connector and trigger bar contact each other? If the area is dry it will increase the trigger pull. A drop of good gun oil or a small amount of TB25 (molylube) is all that is needed.

Dan:cool:

cciman
03-04-2011, 09:49
Manufacturing tolerance...= reason.

Probably would have worked out over time at the range also.

Under live fire, you also may not have noticed it.

Glock tech opined that the g17 bar (for reasons unknown) might be a tad longer than the g19 bar. I replaced the 17 /w the 19 and no problem. I then took a whetstone (very smooth), and worked on the end of the G17 bar that goes into the connector (very little work). It cured the problem with the G17 bar.