Sigma coming apart? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sigma coming apart?

Clay1
02-22-2011, 13:47
I'm a Glock guy and I also like my Kahr. I shot with a friend yesterday and wanted to ask those in the know about S&W autos this question. My aquaintence, because a friend would have listened to me better, bought a Sigma in 40. After about 60 rounds I notice that one of the dissassembly pins is almost all of the way out of the gun. This is a new gun, never fired before that day. Should he send it back if the pin continues to walk out? I just took a screwdriver handle and tapped it back in and we shot some more. If the pins came out of my Glock ever 60 rounds I would go nuts.

Live with it or send it back? Or sell it and buy a better gun. I like the M&P even though I am a Glock guy, but the Sigma isn't for me.

FLglock22
02-24-2011, 07:52
i made the mistake of buying a sigma in .40 for the price it seemed like a good deal. But the gun had 1 problem after the other including the pin walking out. I sold it as fast asi could for a loss and put the money up for a .45 M&P and love it. Tell him to get rid of it no good can come from it (haha) either get a glock or an M&P
Goodluck
B

CajunBass
02-25-2011, 02:11
Live with it or send it back? Or sell it and buy a better gun. I like the M&P even though I am a Glock guy, but the Sigma isn't for me.

Well, the pin on mine has certainly never come out, but if it did, I would do just what you did and tap it back in. If it continued to come out, I'd pack it up and send it back and get it fixed.

Seems simple enough to me.

Unless you've just decided you don't like a Sigma, and were looking for an excuse to kick one, in which case one excuse is as good as another.

LarryNC
02-25-2011, 11:45
I have used the S&W warranty on a revolver that we bought for my ex-wife. They are really great people to deal with and their warranty work is first rate, totally free, and quick. I have never owned a Sigma, but I did pick one up at a gun show once and I had to admit that the size and shape of the grip was perfect! If your friend likes the pistol and wants to keep it then send it back to S&W and I'm sure that they will make it right. He won't even have to pay for shipping. They will mail him a prepaid shipping container and they pay for the shipping, both ways.

AZdesertRat
03-02-2011, 17:24
I'm a Glock guy and I also like my Kahr. I shot with a friend yesterday and wanted to ask those in the know about S&W autos this question. My aquaintence, because a friend would have listened to me better, bought a Sigma in 40. After about 60 rounds I notice that one of the dissassembly pins is almost all of the way out of the gun. This is a new gun, never fired before that day. Should he send it back if the pin continues to walk out? I just took a screwdriver handle and tapped it back in and we shot some more. If the pins came out of my Glock ever 60 rounds I would go nuts.

I say send it back for service. FWIW, I have a Sigma 40, and I love it. It has been a solid gun. I know it gets a bad rap sometimes, but it has done well for me.