In the House, GrassRoots Gorillas CALL TO ACTION! H. 3292 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : In the House, GrassRoots Gorillas CALL TO ACTION! H. 3292

Glockrunner
02-22-2011, 15:06
The House Judiciary General Laws subcommittee has scheduled another meeting on Thursday February 24th, 2011 at 9am in room 516 of the Blatt building to discuss H. 3292.

Every GrassRoots Gorilla who can possibly make it needs to be at this meeting! So please TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS. Pass this email on, and ask everyone to attend. We need this meeting packed full of gun rights supporters to convince the members of the subcommittee to adopt the GrassRoots proposed amendments to H. 3292 and recommend the bill for passage.

As GrassRoots has previously stated, H. 3292 is a very important bill which - if amended properly - could change SC gun laws for the better in a number of ways (open carry, restaurant carry, prohibit employers from banning guns in stored employee's vehicle, etc.) GrassRoots has proposed amendments to fix the problems with H. 3292.

Gorillas should meet on Thursday February 24, 2011 NO LATER THAN 8:45am near the statue of Strom Thurmond on the statehouse grounds. Contact me with any questions.

Bill Rentiers
Executive Officer
803-528-6346 (cell)

If you have not already read the GrassRoots analysis of H. 3292 please read it at
http://www.scfirearms.org/Legislative/H3292_analysis.pdf

PS You don't have to be a member, but it would help in the long run.

ranger88
02-24-2011, 14:30
SC panel approves bill expanding gun rights:

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14133975

Mudshark100
02-25-2011, 07:01
Does this bill allow for the concealed carry permit process to remain in place? Even though under this bill, I would not be required to have a permit, I would still want one to retain reciprocity with other states. Alaska does this. You are not required to have a permit in Alaska to conceal carry but you can get one if you want it.

Never mind. I just read Grass Root's assessment. Maintaining CWP is included.

Glockrunner
02-25-2011, 07:13
Does this bill allow for the concealed carry permit process to remain in place? Even though under this bill, I would not be required to have a permit, I would still want one to retain reciprocity with other states. Alaska does this. You are not required to have a permit in Alaska to conceal carry but you can get one if you want it.

Yes. Permits would still exist to my knowledge.

Glockrunner
03-01-2011, 05:57
On Thursday, February 24, the SC House General Laws subcommittee passed an amendment - the Viers amendment - to replace the original H. 3292. This amendment will help destroy the Second Amendment to the US Constitution by denying the right to keep and bear arms to people from out of state.
GrassRoots recorded the subcommittee meeting, and you can view a clip on our videos page here.
First, please read the Viers amendment here.
Then, read the GrassRoots analysis of the amended bill here.
Next, take action against this dangerous amendment by contacting the committee members as requested in the GrassRoots analysis.
Finally, help us spread the word by letting others know what is happening. We have the chance to stop this assault on our rights if we ACT NOW.

Markasaurus
03-01-2011, 06:07
HOORAY for states that choose pro-gun laws!
I live in Kalifornia (the P.R.K.) there is absolutely NO CHANCE of anything like that happening here. The weapons restrictions are disgusting. 10 round mags etc. (for my stag ar they sell "pinned" 30 round mags that can only hold 10 rounds!) And the AR has to have a bullet button (need a tool to pop the mag). It's idiocy and a big reason why i'm glad there are better states to flee to eventually!