Practice Lull.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Practice Lull....

pointnopoint
02-22-2011, 19:41
Hey Mas,

Question for you....I've been pistol's for a while now, and consider myself a good shot. I've placed well in GSSF a few times now and taken some good classes on the mental aspects of self defense. The only problem is now I seem to be in a "lull" at the practice range. I'm not really sure what to practice. At the range I go to, you can't draw from the holster or shoot for any speed, so it kinda puts a damper on practice. Is there anything that you can suggest for practicing that would make practice more effective? Thank you so much for your help!

Mas Ayoob
02-23-2011, 08:11
On a range with "recreational rules" (no draw from holster, no rapid fire, no tactical movement), there are still things you can do. Start with the gun at retention or low ready, and press out to the shot, working for speed with accuracy. Do "focus drills" for accuracy. Practice reloads with a drill of "one shot, reload, one shot." Practice your accuracy at the maximum distance the range allows. Hang two targets, and starting with the gun on one as if you've already shot it, see how fast you can get to the next one and score a good hit.

best of luck,
Mas