Truglo tritium/fiber optic sights for my glock [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Truglo tritium/fiber optic sights for my glock

mnglocker19
02-23-2011, 16:43
Hi,

Thinking about trying out these sights on my Glock 19. Does anyone have these sights? What are your thoughts on them? Really don't want to hear about other sights out there. There are so many, just want to know about these. Thanks:wavey:

aviator0402
02-23-2011, 16:45
they are great i have them on my glock 22. They are bright wether you are in sunlight or in pitch black. the fiber optics is sturdy i have had them drop on tile flooring and not crack.

RLLangley
02-23-2011, 16:47
I have them on my G26 and love them. I would be cautious though as they are quite big so you might want to check out the holster you plan to use and see if there might be any issues with them snagging. I have the Comp-Tac Mtac and there is no problem with them.

They are VERY bright at night and work great during the day.

jaytee 10mm
02-23-2011, 16:59
I had the opposite dealings with them.....they are ok for night time applications but not as bright as a meprolite.....I found they didnt work well in dim lighting as the front optic rod is shielded more so than a hi-viz would be.....I switched back to mepro's for night use and hi-viz for competition shooting.....also with the tfo's many reports of the front optic rods falling out due to recoil....search the forums you'll see what i'm talkin about....I have a like new set sitting in the reloading bench...yellow rears and green front......fyi the yellows dont shine to well compared to the green which is ok because you want the front sight to pop and not have the rears overpowered.....just a fyi....would I buy another set.....prob not to much other great sights out there

mnglocker19
02-23-2011, 17:04
I have them on my G26 and love them. I would be cautious though as they are quite big so you might want to check out the holster you plan to use and see if there might be any issues with them snagging. I have the Comp-Tac Mtac and there is no problem with them.

They are VERY bright at night and work great during the day.

Good to know. Would they probably work with a blackhawk serpa holster.

thanks

CBH
02-23-2011, 17:14
I have TruGlo fiber optics on my 17....and I like 'em! :supergrin:
http://glocktalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1062&pictureid=4191

Melissa5
02-23-2011, 17:50
I put TFOs on all my guns. They help me pick up the front site in low light at indoor ranges and they are pretty bright at night. None of my tritium vials have fallen out. You can get them new on eBay for between $65 -$75.

http://img602.imageshack.us/img602/7146/dscn1919u.jpg

sr975j
02-23-2011, 17:54
i have TFO's on my 23 and have been nothing but happy with them. very bright at night and look good during the day. i use a CBST and a Don Hume JIT and neither of these holsters snag on the front sight. i highly recommend the TFO's. and they are pretty strong, i hate to admit it but i put the rear sight in the "cheap" way. so i figure if they can handle me banging on them to get pushed in, they can handle most everything else i will throw at them.

Sam

countsk
02-23-2011, 18:07
Got them on my G19 and haven't had any problems. Mine are green and show up well day or night.

GRT45
02-23-2011, 18:12
mnglocker19, take a look at a very recent post from GT member RayB on the subject of TruGlo TFO sights (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16931765#post16931765). RayB is well informed on the topic of all brands of night sights and his information is relevant to your decision. I don't have a dog in this hunt, but more information is never a bad thing.

mnglocker19
02-23-2011, 18:31
kevin-glock, take a look at a very recent post from GT member RayB on the subject of TruGlo TFO sights (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16931765#post16931765). RayB is well informed on the topic of all brands of night sights and his information is relevant to your decision. I don't have a dog in this hunt, but more information is never a bad thing.

thanks

CanyonMan
02-23-2011, 18:47
thanks

I agree with what GRT45 posted by RayB. I had the choice between these and my "usual meps' las week end at a gun show I drove into in Mesquite Tx.

The armorer there was a friend of mine. He sells several brands, but told me up front that the trueglo would not hold up as well and they get all kinds of muck and dirt in them and were not built as durable. Now he said this 'knowing' how it is with me on the ranch and the tuff treatment i give stuff.

I can't honestly say how good or not they would be if you baby your weapon and are never in the out back with it.

Point is I suppose. If they are not durable enough to go through every day task on the ranch, and he (the armorer) knew that, then I would not want them any way. They look cool, but looks don't mean a thing if they won't with stand some bumping around and abuse. I got the all steel meps again...

Good luck

CM
:horse:

sigchaser723
02-23-2011, 18:51
I was looking at them for my EDC and was steered away from them by some people I trust who had issues with them. The main complaint was that they aren't robust enough and when they break the company wont sell parts the answer is to buy a new sight entirly. YMMV and mine might have too lord knows Im not as high speed low drag as these guys but they are trainers and swat officers and when it comes to gear I listen to what they have to say. What they said was great concept and they wish another company such as 10-8 or novak would make some that could take the abuse a duty weapon takes. For what its worth I like my warren tacticals.

JJJJr Shabadoo
02-23-2011, 18:52
The 90 day warranty gives me pause and I was very unimpressed with their customer service:

Several weeks ago I messaged Truglo through the comment form on their website and politely told them that I was very interested in their TFO's but, as a consumer, I would not buy a product that the manufacturer did not stand behind for at least one year.
It took them several days to send me a one sentence reply stating that TFO's had a 10 year half-life guarantee.
When I replied pointing out that their website very clearly states that the TFO's have a 90 day warranty, they responded with the exact same one-sentence e-mail.
When I then replied that I was confused by this contradiction and asked what, specifically, the 10 year guarantee covered I never received a response back.

mnglocker19
02-23-2011, 18:55
The 90 day warranty gives me pause and I was very unimpressed with their customer service:

Several weeks ago I messaged Truglo through the comment form on their website and politely told them that I was very interested in their TFO's but, as a consumer, I would not buy a product that the manufacturer did not stand behind for at least one year.
It took them several days to send me a one sentence reply stating that TFO's had a 10 year half-life guarantee.
When I replied pointing out that their website very clearly states that the TFO's have a 90 day warranty, they responded with the exact same one-sentence e-mail.
When I then replied that I was confused by this contradiction and asked what, specifically, the 10 year guarantee covered I never received a response back.

Thank you for this info. I may have to think over my decision some more:wavey:

packinaglock
02-23-2011, 18:57
I have them on my G26, G27 & G23 gen 4 I haven't had any issues and love them.

sigchaser723
02-24-2011, 00:15

I would take that to mean that the tritium will glow for 10 years. Now ifv the sight breaks or falls off after day 91 they will be glowing on your desk or on the range floor but they will still be glowing. Seriously they are sights they need to be robust and these are not which concerns me I do love the concept though

denn1911
03-02-2011, 12:34
So far, I've had good luck with the one pistol the TFO's are on. They are not the most robust looking sights, and that does concern me in the long run. My friend has a pair of TFO's on EVERY pistol that he owns and loves them. They do work with a Serpa holster.

Little Joe
03-02-2011, 21:33
I had a tube fall out of the front sight. I called them and they said it had a 10 year warranty and send the empty front sight to them and they would replace it. I did and had the replacement in a couple of days. I was impressed.

I initially had a hard time getting a person on the line. I was funneled through a maze of options and ended up in a voice mailbox with a promise to call me. I didn't hear back from them. Next I called and started trying different options and got a person on the phone who took care of my problem on the spot.

Little Joe
03-02-2011, 21:39
In addition, I have them on several guns that get a lot of use and have only had one tube fall out. I'm very happy with them and will continue to use them.

one73maro
03-03-2011, 15:26
I have a pair of these on my G27 and they are great. They are very bright in full light to low light conditions and are just as bright as my Trijicons on my G23 in the dark. Much easier to pick up sight picture in full to low light than the other non fiber optic sites IMO.

MJS-65
03-03-2011, 20:46
I have a set of the green front/rear TFO's on my new G22 Gen4 and I love them so far. They are very bright at night and in all light conditions. I shoot mostly indoors at my local range and I have no problems picking them up with the crappy lighting in there. Got them on eBay for $70.

I like them so much I bought another set and I am having them installed on my M&P .45 tomorrow.

RayB
03-04-2011, 15:00

They do seem to dance around the question, don't they? :eyebrow:

Well, here's the skinny on the warranties, as written by the OEM...

The 90-Day Warranty reflects the OEM's confidence in the assembled and shipped product. :upeyes:

The 10-Year Half-Life Warranty reflects the OEM's confidence that the tritium lamps (imported and distributed by Trijicon) will produce useful light for ten years. :headscratch:

Whether or not the OEM decides to offer the consumer repair/replacement beyond the stated warranties is entirely at their discretion. :shocked:

And there it is. :dunno:

--Ray