Big Dot Sights Came In! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Big Dot Sights Came In!

Braden
02-24-2011, 16:29
I mentioned in a thread or two on here the other day that after trying XS Big Dot sights on my G19 I decided to install them on all of my Glocks. Well, I ordered three sets on Monday for my G17, G23 and G36 and they showed up on my front porch yesterday. I didn't install them last night because I was at church, so tonight I get to do the deed. Can't wait to get all of my Glocks outfitted with these sights...especially my new G23 EDC gun!

By the way, big kudos to Midway USA for more great customer service. They've been great for everything I've ever ordered from them. It's hard to beat ordering on Monday and having the product on Wednesday.

TSAX
02-24-2011, 16:35
Love these sights and Midway has great customer service.

http://www.xssights.com/sightimages.html

Jim S.
02-24-2011, 16:48
I hope you are aware that the 36 requires a little more work installing the front sight.
The lock down nut on the front sight will hit your barrel if you do not take it down a bit.
I used a dremmel with a fine sanding drum and basically took some of the thickness out of mostly the rear portion of the nut.
Lock tite it in place and let it dry. Then sand it until the barrel clears it and allows you to reassemble it as normal.
I also took it and shot it rapid fire to get it good and hot to make sure the expansion was not going to be a problem.
It really doesn't take much, but it does require some to be removed.

TSAX
02-24-2011, 16:54
I hope you are aware that the 36 requires a little more work installing the front sight.
The lock down nut on the front sight will hit your barrel if you do not take it down a bit.
I used a dremmel with a fine sanding drum and basically took some of the thickness out of mostly the rear portion of the nut.
Lock tite it in place and let it dry. Then sand it until the barrel clears it and allows you to reassemble it as normal.
I also took it and shot it rapid fire to get it good and hot to make sure the expansion was not going to be a problem.

Great FYI/info, Thanks.

Braden
02-25-2011, 10:04

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure and take a closer look at that tonight. I always rack the slide a few times after I reassemble the gun and didn't notice any kind of dragging after installing them on the 36 last night, but I'll double check it just to be sure.

Anyway, all three sets are now installed so now all four of my Glocks have the Big Dots. The only challenge I came across was getting my old AmeriGlo Operators off of the 17. When I installed them I never intended for them to come off and used red Loctite. The front site came off easy enough with the right tools, but I pretty much had to beat the rear site off. The sight groove on my 17 was tighter than the one on my 23, 19 and 36 so that probably had a lot to do with it. With the 17 I had to use a hammer and polymer punch to install the Big Dot rear sight. On my other three it just slide right into place.

KingWalleye
02-26-2011, 19:27
I installed a set on my 19 last night and shot it today. It took a few rounds to get the new sight picture down but after that it was fast shooting on steel plates at 15 yards.

I even tried the youtube thing, shot a 12" x 12" steel plate at 100 yards. Admittedly, I only hit once out of 14 rounds.