Magazine question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Magazine question

AITruckGuy
02-25-2011, 15:03
I picked up an extra magazine for my 228 at the gun store yesterday. It was in a Sig Sauer Genuine Factory Issued package. Part number is 34280222. Inside is a mag with the trademark Sig Sauer logo on one side and Mec Gar made in Italy on the other.

Is this a genuine part or did someone swap the mag into different package?

Thanks for the help.

cphilip
02-25-2011, 16:29
They claim to be an OEM for Sig and most other firearms manufacturers. So I would guess the OEM ones that came with the gun are likely theirs. I would imagine they would not be marked as such under contract but perhaps are for accessories sales? They must be licensed to use the trade mark it sounds like to me.

James Dean
02-25-2011, 18:03
All of my Sig mags say Mec Gar made in Italy

Top Gun Supply
02-25-2011, 18:39
Yes, those are definitely factory magazines.

lawdog734
02-25-2011, 19:32
Yeap, I bought some off of top gun supply and got the Italy made ones. I like them better then the German ones.

AITruckGuy
02-25-2011, 21:53
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I'm new to Sigs - I just bought an all - W. German, triple S/N 228 last weekend. It only came with two mags and neither of them are marked as to origin.

TSAX
02-25-2011, 23:40
Yeap, I bought some off of top gun supply and got the Italy made ones. I like them better then the German ones.

Really, good to know, thanks, Top Gun Supply it is.

Dogguy
03-03-2011, 08:02
Here's a hint. They are Mec-Gars, badged for SIG Sauer. Mec-Gar also sells SIG mags under their own name that are identical except for a couple of rounds higher capacity and cost about $10.00 less per magazine. I like the nickel plated Mec-Gars better than the SIG phosphate finish.

silversport
03-03-2011, 08:29
It is genuine IF it has the SiG Sauer logo or words written on it (and it does)...made by MecGar...MecGar, ACT/Novak, SiG/Sauer, Checkmate ALL have been OE suppliers to SiG (and I bet more)...some of those companies make thier own mags FOR SiG Sauer pistols and these tend to be cheaper but may have some changes over the OE spec'd ones...enjoy your find...

Bill