few lasermax guide rod issues(g26) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : few lasermax guide rod issues(g26)

crazyfarmer
02-25-2011, 21:17
for some reason mine points to the right of the iron sights which throws my groupings off way left when shooting at 7 yards. About 8-9inches left. Using the sights without the laser its dead on. Any ideas how to move the laser beam? Or do I need to send it back to lasermax?

TSAX
02-26-2011, 00:30
Call LaserMax, ask them for help over the phone first, then if they recommended warranty work send it back. Mine has never had issue but I have helped a friend with one and they fixed it quickly. You fill out a form, send it back to them and they give you a pretty reasonable time frame like a week unless their backed up. Make sure you get insurance for the full amount just in case.

crazyfarmer
02-26-2011, 08:07
thanks.....install was a breeze but i just need to get the laser over 6inches

Goodspeed(TPF)
02-26-2011, 08:15
Send it back. All will be well.

crazyfarmer
02-26-2011, 13:57
i got everything working great now finally. Its off maybe 2-3inches at 7 yards which is good enough for me

8541/9999
02-28-2011, 07:22
No i should be right on the dot at 7 yards you need to call Bob at 1800 laser 03 and ask for Bob or a James in Warrenty somthing is not right we do not settle for good enough

blueroot
03-01-2011, 19:57
I had one that was way off when I bought it new. Sent it back and it was perfect when returned. So don't hesitate to send it back for repair.

Of course, I stopped using mine because it kept turning on and/or off seemingly randomly as I fired (possibly my thumb bumping the switch, but annoying anyway).

Little Joe
03-02-2011, 22:06
I had one that was way off when I bought it new. Sent it back and it was perfect when returned. So don't hesitate to send it back for repair.

Of course, I stopped using mine because it kept turning on and/or off seemingly randomly as I fired (possibly my thumb bumping the switch, but annoying anyway).

I don't think it's your thumb. Mine all (3) turn on and off randomly. It seems to be an ongoing engineering problem that they can't get their heads around. What I do is get the gun up into position as if I were looking through the sights so if/when it turns off I don't have to search far for the sights so I can keep going. I've also found that if I turn it on towards the right with my support hands thumb, I can put my thumb over the switch hole and keep it from coming back and shutting off. It screws with my grip a little, though.

It's definitely slower than just using the sights. It takes time to find the switch, turn it on, and fight it to keep it on. When it turns itself off it will stop you as you try to get it back on. That could get you killed in a dynamic incident. If you're in a situation where you have the time to overcome all that it could still be useful. Practice a lot with it and learn to deal with the unexpected shut offs and then back ons. Turning itself back on after shutting itself off will cause you to pause too. Do I go back to the laser or stay on the sights? goes through your mind.

RayB
03-03-2011, 16:58
I don't think it's your thumb. Mine all (3) turn on and off randomly. It seems to be an ongoing engineering problem that they can't get their heads around. What I do is get the gun up into position as if I were looking through the sights so if/when it turns off I don't have to search far for the sights so I can keep going. I've also found that if I turn it on towards the right with my support hands thumb, I can put my thumb over the switch hole and keep it from coming back and shutting off. It screws with my grip a little, though.

It's definitely slower than just using the sights. It takes time to find the switch, turn it on, and fight it to keep it on. When it turns itself off it will stop you as you try to get it back on. That could get you killed in a dynamic incident. If you're in a situation where you have the time to overcome all that it could still be useful. Practice a lot with it and learn to deal with the unexpected shut offs and then back ons. Turning itself back on after shutting itself off will cause you to pause too. Do I go back to the laser or stay on the sights? goes through your mind.

Our LaserMax guide rod lasers in our G19 and G21 have proved to be accurate, dependable, rugged.

The LaserMax in my G21 turns itself on occasionally, but never off. It also never fails to activate.

The first LaserMax we bought for Judy's G19 was faulty right out of the box. The replacement has been flawless.

Both of our LaserMax units have thousands of rounds on them.

--Ray

Little Joe
03-03-2011, 17:10
Our LaserMax guide rod lasers in our G19 and G21 have proved to be accurate, dependable, rugged.

The LaserMax in my G21 turns itself on occasionally, but never off. It also never fails to activate.

The first LaserMax we bought for Judy's G19 was faulty right out of the box. The replacement has been flawless.

Both of our LaserMax units have thousands of rounds on them.

--Ray

I know Ray. Every time somebody has a problem with theirs you dutifully reply with how reliable yours and Judys' are. I'm glad to hear that for you.

I have 3 that are not reliable. They have been sent springs and switches to no avail. One has been replaced and it still has the same problems. Plenty of other people have had problems too. I just worked out a new one for my G19 and it was flawless. The switch exhibited more resistance than the others, which would seem to me to be a stiffer spring. I hope this one continues to work flawlessly. I do like the concept of the Lasermax enough to keep trying.

RayB
03-04-2011, 15:44
1) I know Ray. Every time somebody has a problem with theirs you dutifully reply with how reliable yours and Judys' are. I'm glad to hear that for you.

2) I have 3 that are not reliable. They have been sent springs and switches to no avail. One has been replaced and it still has the same problems. Plenty of other people have had problems too.

3) I just worked out a new one for my G19 and it was flawless. The switch exhibited more resistance than the others, which would seem to me to be a stiffer spring. I hope this one continues to work flawlessly.

4) I do like the concept of the Lasermax enough to keep trying.

1) We have visitors and new members on this forum all the time. Often what I post, I post dutifully for them.

2) Understood. When I comment on those problematic lasers, I generally assure the person that the OEM will take care of them one way or the other, and I am confident that they will.

If you search the archives, you'll find that...

A) Many LaserMax complaints have been open-ended, in that we never hear from the OPs again after addressing their problems and complaints.

B) Several of the criticisms have been erroneous--i.e., a guy knows a guy that was at a range when a guy's LaserMax self-destructed and jammed his gun--at best. These posts are rife with unknowns.

C) The problems were caused by installation screw-ups by new LaserMax owners.

3) So, like the one in Judy's G19, this one has been flawless. I'm glad to hear that for you. I find it odd that you didn't mention this in your previous post.

4) Your previous post would not indicate that you like the LaserMax concept at all; one must deduce the inverse from your claim that you've purchased three of them.

Want to know what I think? I think you're a closet geek and you just like fiddling around with lasers--that's what I think!

--Ray

crazyfarmer
03-04-2011, 15:53
mines working flawless now... Its not dead on, but close enough that under 10 yards it will do the trick. I use my sights 90% of the time anyway but the laser is mainly there for a peice of mine. I think the blinking dot on someone's chest would help back someone down quicker. But so far and about 150 rounds its working well.

Little Joe
03-04-2011, 16:41
3) So, like the one in Judy's G19, this one has been flawless. I'm glad to hear that for you. I find it odd that you didn't mention this in your previous post.

Want to know what I think? I think you're a closet geek and you just like fiddling around with lasers--that's what I think!

--Ray

Don't find it odd Ray. My first post was a day before I received and tried out the new one for the G19.

All of my self-defense weapons have CT's or LM's in them, and I practice with them regularly. So, think what you want, Ray, but you couldn't be more wrong.

RayB
03-04-2011, 21:26
1) Don't find it odd Ray. My first post was a day before I received and tried out the new one for the G19.

2) All of my self-defense weapons have CT's or LM's in them, and I practice with them regularly. So, think what you want, Ray, but you couldn't be more wrong.

1) At any rate, it appears you finally got a good one! :thumbsup:

2) "All of my self-defense weapons have CT's or LM's in them..."

I'm sorry I called I called you a "closet geek". Clearly, I was wrong about that--says the kettle to the pot! :supergrin:

--Ray

Little Joe
03-04-2011, 23:47
1) At any rate, it appears you finally got a good one! :thumbsup:

2) "All of my self-defense weapons have CT's or LM's in them..."

I'm sorry I called I called you a "closet geek". Clearly, I was wrong about that--says the kettle to the pot! :supergrin:

--Ray

Alright, I'll forgive you. :supergrin:

Sorry if I came of short.

Laser on my friend. :wavey: