Just Right Carbine 9mm Review [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just Right Carbine 9mm Review

TRaGiK
02-26-2011, 11:18
http://www.gunblast.com/images/SHOT2010/Day2/DSC09244.JPG

I'd been looking for a 9mm carbine that uses Glock mags, that was not a Keltec, for a while now. Found out about the JRC, and my LGS had one in stock, so I decided to give them a try.

The gun is all metal with the exception of the collapsable stock, and feels much like a AR in my hands. Uses AR furniture, and a AR trigger setup. The bolt handle can be moved to either side of the gun, and so can the ejection...and they can be moved from one side to the other, independantly of each other.

Unfortunately, the mag release isn't like the bolt. It's on the left side, and there is no changing it to the right.

So far, I've put 150 rounds through it, and had a single jam that I'm fairly certain was not the guns fault. When it jammed, it ended up with 2 pieces of fired brass in the ejection area, and fed a fresh round on top of the most recently fired brass. I'm fairly certain one piece of brass fell back into the ejection port after firing another shot, due to the rest I was using (a pile of carpet). This is the only thing I can think of that would have caused that to happen. In the 150 rounds I've put through it, it's never actually shot twice with one trigger pull, but I don't want that to even be a possibility.

With the above said, I'm not wild about the ejection of the rifle. The brass almost trickles out of the ejection port. It's tossed maybe a foot out, and down by my feet. This was using Winchester NATO, Geco 124gr, and RWS 124gr ammo. I suspect using cheap WWB might cause some problems, but I rarely use that anyway, so...

One somewhat major problem (that should be easily and cheaply fixed) I noticed this morning is that the trigger releases the hammer twice with one trigger pull. I noticed this prior to going to the range with it today (which made me cancel the range trip) while looking the gun over at home today, doing a check. Racked the bolt, pulled the trigger, racked again while holding trigger, and then let off of the trigger...hammer fell again. It won't do it if I quickly let off the trigger, but slowly releasing it, it does. It seems as if everyone that has sent their JRC back to the factory, waited 2+ months to get it back. Too slow for my liking, so I'm going to put in a new disconnector and hammer in and see if that takes care of it.

The trigger of the rifle is pretty gritty feeling. It feels like it's near what it's advertised to be (4.5 pounds), but it's not a clean and crisp trigger at all. It has seemed to get slightly better with firing, but still not great. Good enough for it's intended purpose though, and not too much different than my Glocks.

Feeding and firing has been perfect. It's worked great with both 33 round mags I have, the 10 round G17 mag that was included, 17 round G17 mags, and 15 round G23 mags. It does NOT like NFML Glock mags though. They're all but impossible to get in the magwell, harder to get them locked in, and takes a winch to get them back out. If I get the above problem fixed, I'll probably just sell off the couple NFML mags I have and buy FML mags.

FML mags fit and lock in fine, albeit they have some wobble. The wobble hasn't effected function though, and I've wiggled them every way possible trying to get the gun to malfunction, and it won't. I may have a friend make me a longer (top to bottom) mag well though, so that it gets rid of the wobble. While it doesn't seem to effect function, it drives me mad.

One thing I'm not wild about on the JRC, is it uses a metal mag release. Not a big deal if you use metal mags, but I'm a little worried it'll chew up the plastic Glock mags. IF it does, I'll either have to buy mags that are primarily used for the JRC, or see if I can get someone to make me a plastic mag release.

Field stripping is kind of dumb as well. To field strip and remove the bolt, you must remove the buffer tube/stock. As much as it seems this rifle tries to be an AR, why didn't they make it more like an AR?

The upper reciever is similar to an AR, except the buffer tube is mounted to the upper. Also, rather than using pins to hold it together, it has allen screws that hold it to the lower.

The mag well comes off seperately, and the gun is advertised to be multi caliber, being able to easily swap out barrels, mag wells, and bolts. Supposedly the hole swap is $250, but I haven't verified this myself just yet. Calibers offered are 9mm, .40, and .45. I do wonder if it'd be possible to make a 10mm carbine out of it using a .45 mag well and 10mm Glock mags, .40 bolt and barrel, and have the chamber reamed to 10mm length...and use a stiffer buffer spring and/or buffer. Hmm...

Overall, despite everything noted above, I actually really like the JRC. It feels well built, uses Glock mags, and parts availability is pretty good since alot of the parts are AR15. The parts that aren't AR, that are likely to get worn, I'll buy some spares from the manufacturer of the gun (mostly the extractor, and probably a spare ejector as well, and a firing pin).

G27RR
02-26-2011, 13:13
Interesting,that's one I haven't seen before.

TRaGiK
02-26-2011, 15:48
Fix the hammer issue by filing the disconnect, so all is well with that now.

Took it to the range to zero the new Magpul MBUS sights I put on it, and it functioned perfect for another 50 rounds.

Glockster17
02-28-2011, 19:13
Thanks for the link and the great review. Very valuable info. --Rob

TexasVine
02-28-2011, 19:16
Nice write up.

TRaGiK
02-28-2011, 19:43
Having problems with it again. Ugh.

Kept having failure to eject/extract problems tonite at the range. Was having 1 to 2 per mag, and the last mag I had probably 10.

Extractor isn't grabbing the rim of the round at all.

This gun is going to turn me into a freaking JRC gunsmith before this is over with.

I haven't taken it apart to see exactly what the problem is yet, but I suspect it's an ill fitting extractor...much like the disconnector was.

I'll take it apart tomorrow and see if it can be fixed without any parts.

I also had a problem with it at the range yesterday. The screw holding the bolt handle came loose. Fixed that today with some loctite.

I REALLY want this rifle to just "work"...more so than other problem guns I've had in the past. It's so close to being the perfect 9mm carbine for me. Every other gun I've had problems with, I quickly lost my patience and sold/traded them. I'll put a little more time into this one, but if it gives me another problem, I'm afraid it'll be gone in a hurry.

mac66
03-02-2011, 08:17
Am I blind? I don't see a link.

Cost?

Nevermind, I googled it. Apparently MSRP is $800 (ouch!)

CBennett
03-02-2011, 08:46

Cost?

yeah $800 and problematic....I think I will find something else..when I pay $800 it better pretty much be FLAWLESS lol.

H&K 4 LIFE
03-02-2011, 09:18
I'm (unfortunately) very familiar with the gun and the problems associated with it. My uncle bought one when it first came out and it has been back to the factory twice.

First of all, judging by the charging handle alone, you appear to have the earliest version. JR has since upgraded the rifle with changes to the magazine well, feedramp, charging handle, and the buffer assembly in the buffer tube.

My saga goes like this...

Purchased gun and shot it. Multiple failures to feed. Gun came bone dry so a little lubrication aided in the cycling. Magazine catch also chewed at the polymer notch on every Glock mag I used in it and the magazines locked in rather loosely. Despite this, we pressed onwards.

Gun shot ok up until about 400 rounds at which point it just stopped working (no firing pin impression on the cartridge whatsoever).

I called JR and they had me send it in. They informed me of the warranty upgrade (mentioned previously) and performed it.

Got an entirely different rifle back about a month later (different SN#). After cleaning and lubrication, took it to the range. Within the first magazine, the rifle would vibrate erratically when a round was fired. This happened 4 times within 40 rounds. Frankly afraid to shoot it anymore I stopped and called JR. They advised me to check to make sure all the buffer components were present inside the buffer tube. They were.

So I sent it back again....

I got it back a month later. This time fouled on the inside and bone dry again. I cleaned it a re-lubed it.

As of 2/18/11, we have fired 210 rounds through the rifle without issue (100rnds. of RWS 124gr FMJ and 110rnds of WWB 115gr. FMJ). Only time and more shooting will tell if the matter is truly resolved.

I strongly suggest you contact Dave at JR Carbines for the warranty upgrade. Their number is (585) 396-1551. :wavey:

TRaGiK
03-03-2011, 18:08
MSRP is $599, NOT $800. Street price is $550 - $580. Even if MSRP was still $800,who pays MSRP for anything?

H&K 4 Life - The pic above is not mine...note the "gunblast" in the corner of the pic. Mine is the newest version of the rifle.

The extractor on mine is indeed bad. EMF doesn't sell parts for it. ATI, one of the current distributors, doesn't sell parts for it. I had JRC's number, after repeated calls got ahold of someone, and they're sending me 2 extractors free of charge.

At this time, I've put ~400 rounds through the rifle. Haven't had one single fail to fire or fail to feed, but around 20 to 30 fail to extract and/or eject...due to the extractor.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with the rifle. I've lost any faith I've had in it. Even though it's mostly a range toy, I have no patience for guns that don't function properly. I MIGHT give it another shot with the new extractor...but may immediately trade it after putting the new part in it. We shall see...

bac1023
03-03-2011, 18:12
Thanks for the review. :)

Sgt. Rambo
01-12-2012, 06:34
Anyone have any experience with one of these in .45 w/1911 mags. I'm very interested in one but with what you guys are reporting...well I'll at least keep researching.

BudMan5
01-12-2012, 06:48
"I'd been looking for a 9mm carbine that uses Glock mags, that was not a Keltec, for a while now. Found out about the JRC, and my LGS had one in stock, so I decided to give them a try.:

About your opening line, is there a specific reason you did not want to try/use a Kel Tec?

I travel a lot, I like havinga shoulder fired weapon with me (I hesitate to use "long gun" with the Kel Tec) and the Kel Tec Sub 2000 makes it a lot easier to walk across a motel lobby. I carry it, a Glock 17 and 12 17 round magazines in a lap top bag that I modified. Nobody is the wiser.

I have had pretty good luck with the Kel Tec. Actually, for a $350.. (+/-) I am astounded. I do not have any Glock 18 mags (33 rounds) but using Glock 17 mags, I have not yet experienced any FTE or FTF. I am using the NATO 124 gr FMJ as an "all around" round. It is good to go out to 100 meters. The sights are dead on the money at 25 yards and shoot about 4 inches low at 100 meters.

I have not modified the Sub 2K at all, it is bone stock because it's initial appeal to me was the its' ability to hide in plain sight. It is not a main battle rifle by any means but it is a great 'if I have to fight my way home bag" addition.

http://www.survival-spot.com/survival-blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/kel_su2000.jpg

Ghost Tracker
01-12-2012, 07:01
Nice to know the details, thanks for the write-up. I've been thinking about a 9mm carbine for a while as well & have researched the cost & features of the semi auto UZI & MP5 clones, Beretta Storm, Kel Tec, Mech Tech, Hi-Point, AR conversions, et al. And I've listened to the always-present shouts of "why a pistol caliber carbine?" crowd. I've decided that, because I very much enjoy GLOCK features of capacity, reliability, etc., that I'll simply SBR a G34. Yeah, there's an extra $200 permit & a bit of paperwork in the mix. But in the end I won't have much worry about parts, reliability, durability, capacity, or my own capability to clean or fix it. I would rather spend ~$800 to make that happen and think of nothing but trying to wear it out...than spend ~$400-500 and then tinker, tweak & try to feel wise about my savings. IMHO, the all GLOCK 9mm carbine is well-worth the bump. I eventually forget about that extra $300...and when I do, I might suppress that puppy! :cool:

OctoberRust
01-12-2012, 08:14
"I'd been looking for a 9mm carbine that uses Glock mags, that was not a Keltec, for a while now. Found out about the JRC, and my LGS had one in stock, so I decided to give them a try.:

About your opening line, is there a specific reason you did not want to try/use a Kel Tec?

I travel a lot, I like havinga shoulder fired weapon with me (I hesitate to use "long gun" with the Kel Tec) and the Kel Tec Sub 2000 makes it a lot easier to walk across a motel lobby. I carry it, a Glock 17 and 12 17 round magazines in a lap top bag that I modified. Nobody is the wiser.

I have had pretty good luck with the Kel Tec. Actually, for a $350.. (+/-) I am astounded. I do not have any Glock 18 mags (33 rounds) but using Glock 17 mags, I have not yet experienced any FTE or FTF. I am using the NATO 124 gr FMJ as an "all around" round. It is good to go out to 100 meters. The sights are dead on the money at 25 yards and shoot about 4 inches low at 100 meters.

I have not modified the Sub 2K at all, it is bone stock because it's initial appeal to me was the its' ability to hide in plain sight. It is not a main battle rifle by any means but it is a great 'if I have to fight my way home bag" addition.

http://www.survival-spot.com/survival-blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/kel_su2000.jpg

you do any of this in Illinios? Gecko45 is that you?

Syclone538
01-12-2012, 10:31
And I've listened to the always-present shouts of "why a pistol caliber carbine?" crowd.

When someone asks that, just ask them what's the cheapest ammo that has more punch then a .22LR.

Taurus has a carbine that looks like a UMP.

BudMan5
01-12-2012, 13:44
you do any of this in Illinios? Gecko45 is that you?

ah, Gecko45, some of my favorite posts.....

yes, I start in Illnois where I live and then, like I said, I travel. And, as a retired LEO, I have an Illinois concealed carry permit that is good in all fifty States .

I was also medically retired as an Army 1st Sgt of a light infantry company after I broke my back (and a lot of other things) in a training accident in 1997. After I learned to walk again, they retired me.

So, what are you questioning? The fact that I carry two (actually, it's three) firearms whenever I travel? That pretty hard for you to believe, is it sunshine?

Here's another hard to believe fact, I have more guns at home!

Aceman
01-12-2012, 19:52
Any pistol cal carbine that uses Glock mags is a great idea...if it works reliably.

Bill Keith
01-13-2012, 07:23
My experience is much the same as BudMan5. My KelTec Sub 2000 is also the Glock using 9mm variant. No problems whatsoever after 2000+ rounds. I use 10 rd, 17rd, and 33rd mags, Glock mfg and the Korean mfg mags, no difference at all. It rattles around in the trunk of my car in a gym bag. I believe the only other 9mm rifle I'd have is a Marlin Camp Carbine in 9mm. I have the 45ACP version.:wavey:

Bren
01-13-2012, 07:41

Cost?

$800 is pretty cheap for an AR.

As for the problems - I'd guess that they used a lot of AR components - possibly including the buffer and buffer spring, which could interfere with extraction when shooting 9mm (and cause the brass to hit the ejection port, rather than ejecting cleanly. But, looking at how they have changed the upper and bolt/carrier, it's hard to say what the changes are that may be affecting it, so that could be entirely wrong.

If it was a Colt 9mm, I'd just say "get a weaker buffer spring."

NeverMore1701
01-13-2012, 13:11
I think the only reason half this site doesn't own a Beretta Cx4 is that it doesn't take Glock mags.

Syclone538
01-13-2012, 14:31
I think the only reason half this site doesn't own a Beretta Cx4 is that it doesn't take Glock mags.

That's part of it, but the main reason I don't is the price.

vista461
01-13-2012, 14:41
who pays MSRP for anything?

People that buy at Gander Mountain, unless its a no lock 642 then it's $50 OVER MSRP :rofl:

WILLSARV
01-13-2012, 17:22
ah, Gecko45, some of my favorite posts.....

yes, I start in Illnois where I live and then, like I said, I travel. And, as a retired LEO, I have an Illinois concealed carry permit that is good in all fifty States .

I was also medically retired as an Army 1st Sgt of a light infantry company after I broke my back (and a lot of other things) in a training accident in 1997. After I learned to walk again, they retired me.

So, what are you questioning? The fact that I carry two (actually, it's three) firearms whenever I travel? That pretty hard for you to believe, is it sunshine?

Here's another hard to believe fact, I have more guns at home!

We the unwashed masses are humbled to be in your presence. It's A-H's like you that give us the warm and fuzzy feeling for the fuzz.

NeverMore1701
01-13-2012, 17:57
That's part of it, but the main reason I don't is the price.

How much do you honestly think a Glock carbine would be?

H&K 4 LIFE
01-14-2012, 05:51
90 rounds through our JR carbine yesterday. 50 rounds of RWS 124gr. FMJ and 40 rounds of WWB 115gr. FMJ. Now 270 rounds since last cleaning and lubrication. Zero stoppages. :)

priell3
01-21-2012, 18:39
I got to fire my JR Carbine in 9mm last weekend. About 140 rounds of FMJ without a problem. Ammo was Federal and from USAAmmo.com. I have the supplied 10 round mag and a 33 round mag.

http://i39.tinypic.com/k9e1c.jpg

Murgatroy
01-21-2012, 21:03
I think I am gonna wind up getting one of these. Seems as cheap and even easier than building one of my lowers into a 9mm carbine.

I have handled them a few times and I like them. I am just hoping that they have the bugs worked out by now.

Glockster17
01-21-2012, 21:16
I am still very interested in them. I wanted to wait until they had the bugs worked out. Anyone else have an update?-- Rob

FilesCreekMafia
01-27-2012, 19:45
Having problems with it again. Ugh.

Kept having failure to eject/extract problems tonite at the range. Was having 1 to 2 per mag, and the last mag I had probably 10.

Extractor isn't grabbing the rim of the round at all.

This gun is going to turn me into a freaking JRC gunsmith before this is over with.

I haven't taken it apart to see exactly what the problem is yet, but I suspect it's an ill fitting extractor...much like the disconnector was.

I'll take it apart tomorrow and see if it can be fixed without any parts.

I also had a problem with it at the range yesterday. The screw holding the bolt handle came loose. Fixed that today with some loctite.

I REALLY want this rifle to just "work"...more so than other problem guns I've had in the past. It's so close to being the perfect 9mm carbine for me. Every other gun I've had problems with, I quickly lost my patience and sold/traded them. I'll put a little more time into this one, but if it gives me another problem, I'm afraid it'll be gone in a hurry.

Should have gotten a Sub2000

nipperwolf
01-27-2012, 20:00
Should have gotten a Sub2000

Pssst, its 2012.

priell3
01-28-2012, 15:05
Mine works great. Added more stuff to it.

http://i44.tinypic.com/6rlphu.jpg

Sgt. Rambo
01-29-2012, 04:59
I am still very interested in them. I wanted to wait until they had the bugs worked out. Anyone else have an update?-- Rob

I went to my LGS last Wed, they had one for sale, both guys in the shop said DON'T buy it... they could have B.S.'d me like a used car salesman and I would have bought it. They have sold three lately and ALL three have been returned and sent back. They said its a good concept and platform, but bugs and problems need to be worked out. They showed me two Hi-points after that with cheaper price tags.
I'm going to wait but will be watching.

bassin98
01-29-2012, 06:36
I have one in 40 S&W and have had no problems at all. Love the concept.

RYT 2BER
01-29-2012, 06:54
That carbine sounds like a POS..... I wouldn't touch it on a bet

Edit: I see some posters put up that theirs work well... maybe the open got a lemon...

I also think it looks much like s thureon defense carbine.. too bad thureon didn't go with the glock mag

Glockster17
01-29-2012, 11:56
bassin98 and priell3,

Do you know if your guns are 'recently produced'? I am wondering if you bought your guns after the bugs were worked out? --Rob

priell3
01-29-2012, 14:25
bassin98 and priell3,

Do you know if your guns are 'recently produced'? I am wondering if you bought your guns after the bugs were worked out? --Rob

Mine is a recently produced model with the bugs worked out. Early models with serial number JR015000 to JR016391 are early models eligible for upgrades from the manufacuturer. Mine is JR017xxx.

CMG
01-29-2012, 14:47
Hmm, they offer 9mm, .40 and .45 models using Glock magazines, but I'm thinking they are really missing the boat by not offering a 10mm version.

bassin98
01-29-2012, 14:57
bassin98 and priell3,

I believe mine is a newer version. I special oded it last Fall.

Glockster17
01-30-2012, 19:32
bassin,
Do you know if your sn# falls after JR016391? Did you order directly from JR Carbines or your LGS? Thanks again for the info.--Rob

priell3
03-04-2012, 09:26
Still perfect at 240 rounds.

http://i43.tinypic.com/1enq01.jpg

gdawg09
03-05-2012, 18:43
Still perfect at 240 rounds.

http://i43.tinypic.com/1enq01.jpg

Is this the 9mm version and what kind/size mags do you run in it?

Haldor
03-05-2012, 20:17

Good post. It echoes my experience with the Sub2000 also. Mine has been trouble free with over 1000 rounds through it. It fills a niche that nothing else has. I paid about $280 for mine about 10 years ago and it is the perfect car gun. I vacuum sealed mine (along with a Savage 24C) for moisture resistance.

My trunk guns. The Sub2000 fits perfectly in an old notebook case (actually it was my Tandy 100 slate case).

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh168/HaldorPhil/Guns/IMG_1310.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh168/HaldorPhil/Guns/IMG_1309.jpg

Just for grins here is a pic of the Tandy 100. I still have it although it hasn't been powered up in years.

http://oldcomputers.net/pics/trs80-100.jpg

To the guy pulling your chain. I travel with "long" arms also. Each one is for different purposes. The Savage 24C is in the event of a wilderness survival situation (cars do break down and I like to drive off the main highway). The Sub2000 is for more man-made kind of situations (public unrest/riot).

If something serious happens I will be very glad to have any kind of a long arm available. It really helps that both of mine are easily concealable in a day pack because walking down a street with a rifle in your hands is likely to get you shot in any kind of major disturbance.

priell3
03-05-2012, 22:06
Is this the 9mm version and what kind/size mags do you run in it?

9MM Glock 10 and 33 round mags.

Drew Furst
03-25-2012, 21:32
That carbine sounds like a POS..... I wouldn't touch it on a bet

Edit: I see some posters put up that theirs work well... maybe the open got a lemon...

I also think it looks much like s thureon defense carbine.. too bad thureon didn't go with the glock mag

Just checked the Thureon site. They have been making Glock mag compatible carbines since mid November. 9mm NATO, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP.

ggarciatx
03-26-2012, 05:44
Went to a small gun show in San Antonio about two weeks ago. One guy was pushing this rifle. Funny thing was what attracted me to his table was a Ruger PC9 and Marlin Camp Carbine in 9mm. I was drooling over the PC9 and had cash in my pocket. He came over and I asked him his price, but they were not for sale. THey where his personal guns and he was just having them on the table to show the diference in the JRC and those two. He blabbered on how good they were and so forth. Having shot one, I was not impressed by it due to feeding issues. He said the JRC carbine would make them all obsolete. I then told him he could sell me the "obsolete" PC9 since he had the JRC :supergrin:. He then told me he couldn't because he trusted the PC9 more, even though Ruger stopped making them. Don't know if he caught himself saying that. :rofl:
I just rolled my eyes, thanked him and walked off.

Foxtrotx1
03-26-2012, 08:11
The rifle can't shoot +P ammo tho. :(

H&K 4 LIFE
03-26-2012, 10:33
Since my last post, another 90 rounds of Federal Champion 115gr. through our JR Carbine. That is 360 rnds. from the last time it was cleaned and lubricated with zero stoppages. :)

concretefuzzynuts
03-26-2012, 15:47
Mines a .40 and functions flawlessly.

mickdundie
03-26-2012, 21:30

Me too

I only shoot quality ammunition and my SUB2K has been flawless.

Gold Dot 115gr +P+ X 50 rounds
Winchester NATO 124gr X 150 ronds

100% reliable

200 rounds and counting

I love this little PCC. She's stoked w/15 rounds GD 115 +P+ and a 33 rounder of the same on backup.

Mick:thumbsup:

priell3
04-08-2012, 08:57
Up to 500 rounds through the JR Carbine without trouble. 33 round mags make the ammo disappear fast!

.45Super-Man
04-08-2012, 09:30
What's "just right" about a pistol caliber carbine that rivals the size/weight of an M4 or AK??

NeverMore1701
04-08-2012, 11:05
What's "just right" about a pistol caliber carbine that rivals the size/weight of an M4 or AK??

Cheap to shoot and fun. But so is a .22.

:dunno:

priell3
04-10-2012, 19:06
Cheap to shoot and fun. But so is a .22.

:dunno:

But more power than a .22. I have a .22 rifle too.

I enjoy shooting it. Ain't that what matters?

H&K 4 LIFE
04-28-2012, 06:11
Since my last post, another 50 rounds of Federal Champion 115gr. and 20 rounds of Rem. UMC 115gr. yellow box through our JR Carbine.

That is 430 rnds. from the last time it was cleaned and lubricated with zero stoppages. Both the bolt and bore are getting pretty visibly fouled and there was some nasty looking black smoke emanating from the muzzle after firing the UMC... but I'm pleased to report the gun still works fine. :)

priell3
06-25-2012, 19:54
I have almost 800 rounds through mine. Eats all brands of ammo. With the 33 round mags it is hard to keep ammo around.

Glockster17
06-25-2012, 20:56
Still wanting to find one of these, so I can touch and feel. I would love to have one. I missed the Ruger PC9. This would be so much better. FWIW, I enjoy shooting pistol caliber carbines. I have a .357 mag Winchester Trapper that is a blast to shoot. Thanks for the updates!--Rob

priell3
06-25-2012, 21:09
Here is a short video of my son shooting mine last week. Yeah, that is me getting in the way. I was cleaning up our brass just before we got ready to leave.

http://www.youtube.com/v/7DWOfQiHSzI

KIDRAY
10-26-2012, 08:38
I purchased a JRC 9mm, after being told from a local firearm shop it would take a year + to order a brand new Kel Tec S2K. The price for a Kel Tec S2K online is greatly inflated, CDNN has them listed for $299.99, online auctions as high as $600.00 and up for a new one. After handling a used Kel Tec at a local gun show, my want for the S2K turned into major disappointment. The quality is just not there, I set it back on the table, and picked up the JRC 9mm. More rail space then I will ever need, the mag well and trigger group encased in actual aluminum, not plastic. The fore grip is aluminum as well, it will also accept Glock 26 mags. I paid $600.00 dollars for mine, a gen 2 model. For those thinking Kel Tec is quality, I put them in the same category as Jennings and Lorcin, make a quick buck junk.

priell3
10-26-2012, 12:36
I purchased a JRC 9mm,...

Congrats on your purchase. I'm up to nearly 1600 rounds through mine.

New video and pic:

JR Carbine 9mm, 30 rounds - YouTube

http://i49.tinypic.com/2efnm9s.jpg

Paranoid Medic
11-07-2012, 12:15
I have an Illinois concealed carry permit that is good in all fifty States .

I call BS, Illinois has no such permit.

SiberianErik
11-07-2012, 15:03
when is someone gonna make a .357SIG carbine

chief63
11-07-2012, 15:45
I call BS, Illinois has no such permit.

Retired LE?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Paranoid Medic
11-07-2012, 16:44
Retired LE?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

No such thing, even if he was retired LE.

moeman
11-07-2012, 20:09
shouldn't the post title be:

I wish it was right carbine?

Mattkcc
11-07-2012, 20:24
I'm retired L.E. and I can carry in all 50 states, HR218

Drew Furst
11-08-2012, 17:14
shouldn't the post title be:

I wish it was right carbine?

As the owner of Thureon Defense.....
That's the funniest thing I've seen!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Drew Furst
11-08-2012, 17:19
when is someone gonna make a .357SIG carbine

Okay, I'm gonna advertise. :whistling:

Thureon Defense makes a carbine in .357 Sig. There are some serious challenges in managing the chamber pressures with that cartridge, but we produce one with a billet aluminum upper and lower that can take the abuse.

You can PM me at any time. I'll fill you in.

hunter won
12-26-2012, 15:30
I chose the JRC over the Thureon Defense because the JRC is multi-caliber and comes standard with a quad rail. My JRC is .45 ACP and is very accurate and reliable.

concretefuzzynuts
12-26-2012, 16:40
Okay, I'm gonna advertise. :whistling:

Thureon Defense makes a carbine in .357 Sig. There are some serious challenges in managing the chamber pressures with that cartridge, but we produce one with a billet aluminum upper and lower that can take the abuse.

You can PM me at any time. I'll fill you in.

I've owned my JRC for over a year, in 40 cal.

It runs flawlessly. I am very satisfied and my friends who have shot it are impressed at the low recoil and accuracy.

I don't know much about the Thureon Defense product but I do know I am satisfied with the Just Right Carbine.

hunter won
01-03-2013, 20:14
As the owner of Thureon Defense.....
That's the funniest thing I've seen!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I did see the review by Hickok45, when I went to the LGS and asked about the PCC the salesman pointed out the JR Carbine would be better because it offered more features. The Quad rail and multi caliber are standard with all JRC. The Thureon does not. No jams with my JR Carbine.

DevilDocsGlocks
01-03-2013, 20:24
This gun felt " Cheap" for the price...I bought a Keltec for almost 1/2 of the price. The Kel Tec is lighter, smaller,and have never had issues with it., plus, its balls on accurate at 25-50 yards. Have the Sub 2000 in Glock .40 sold it, missed it, went out and got another...now they are going for 2-3 times what I paid,,,TactiCool sells neat inexpensive add ons for the KelTec. Abuddy of mine ran his Kelt Tec in 9mm Glock through a whole course at NCDefense Concepts,,tore the range up. Tough little gun for little money.

concretefuzzynuts
01-04-2013, 09:49
Sub 2K : Broomstick with a trigger.

DevilDocsGlocks
01-04-2013, 10:11
You forgot,,FOLDING broomstick with a trigger...LOL..Bet I can " disappear" mine into packpack or briefcase...:whistling:

Fear Night
01-04-2013, 12:36
I came across a JRC 9mm in my unsuccessful hunt for a Sub-2000. Holy crap the JRC is a sweet shooting little carbine. I love mine, no complaints whatsoever.

concretefuzzynuts
01-04-2013, 15:53
You forgot,,FOLDING broomstick with a trigger...LOL..Bet I can " disappear" mine into packpack or briefcase...:whistling:

Bet thats an illegal concealed weapon not covered by your carry permit.

Unless, of course you are on your way to the range or hunting.

:whistling: :wavey:

nipperwolf
01-04-2013, 18:44
Tough little gun for little money.

:rofl:

priell3
01-18-2013, 07:44
I came across a JRC 9mm in my unsuccessful hunt for a Sub-2000. Holy crap the JRC is a sweet shooting little carbine. I love mine, no complaints whatsoever.

Anyone that has shot my JRC 9mm has been equally impressed.

If ammo wasn't so hard to find I would hit the range. I'm not inclined to deplete my supply at this time.