G17 trigger vs. G35 trigger [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G17 trigger vs. G35 trigger

scrapinby
02-27-2011, 02:28
I did a $.25 trigger job and installed a Glock 3.5# connector in my Gen 4 G17. It certainly improved the trigger. I had a chance to shoot a friends Gen 3 G35 and wow was the trigger lighter. I was under the impression that putting the Glock 3.5# connector in the 17 would make it the same trigger as the 34/35. Where did I go wrong? How would I get my trigger like that 35?

mteagle1
02-27-2011, 12:00
Glock considers a '-' connector to be a 4.5# connector. Also if your trigger bar has a dimple where the firing pin safety release then this could be causing drag. As a Glock armorer I can not recommend using anything other than Glock parts but maybe your friend might have some ideas.

Njanear
02-27-2011, 12:08
Are you still using the GEN4 trigger bar with the bump on it (vs. the GEN3 type without the bump)? Some have reported that adds to the pull weight.

scrapinby
02-27-2011, 12:54
Glock considers a '-' connector to be a 4.5# connector. Also if your trigger bar has a dimple where the firing pin safety release then this could be causing drag. As a Glock armorer I can not recommend using anything other than Glock parts but maybe your friend might have some ideas.

It does have that dimple. My gen 3 G26 does not. I have always preferred the trigger on my G26, I guess that must be why. I put the "-" connector in and it was much better.

What is the solution? I can't imagine filing down the dimple would be a good idea. Can I just drop a gen 3 trigger bar in? If so, where could I get my hands on one?

cciman
02-27-2011, 15:08
Gen 3 and Gen 4 are different designs, so... different triggers:wow: Why do you want it so light?

Yes you can drop a Gen3 TB into a Gen4. It may not be the only reason, yours feels different than your friends.

Last question is silly.

It does have that dimple. My gen 3 G26 does not. I have always preferred the trigger on my G26, I guess that must be why. I put the "-" connector in and it was much better.

What is the solution? I can't imagine filing down the dimple would be a good idea. Can I just drop a gen 3 trigger bar in? If so, where could I get my hands on one?

biggun1911
03-04-2011, 09:55
deleted

03-04-2011, 19:56
Lone Wolf sells some springs that will lower your pull weight.

mteagle1
03-05-2011, 14:15
Other posts have also explained that there is a difference in the angle of the connector within the trigger housing which is also increasing the weight of the trigger pull. Hopefully Glock will recognize the problems they have created with the Gen 4 and start issuing fixes. But other than recalls of some European Gen 4 G34 & G35 slides I have not heard of any improvements other than different recoil spring assemblies for select models.

03-05-2011, 14:46
I spoke with a Glock rep a few weeks ago while he was allowing people to try out the Gen 4. He explained that the Gen 4 Trigger was a little heavier but also intended to feel more crisp due to a different angle in the connector area and a stiffer trigger bar. I didn't get the impression that there is any problem to be fixed -- just a design change.

scrapinby
03-05-2011, 17:45
To follow up my own question, I bought a used gen 3 trigger bar at a local store. I polished it up and installed into my gen 4 Glock. I finally got a chance to hit the range this afternoon and it worked flawlessly. I put about 250 rounds through it without a hitch.

scrapinby
03-05-2011, 17:47
Lone Wolf sells some springs that will lower your pull weight.

I know, and I've thought about it. Since I mainly have been shooting GSSF events, I don't want to change to anything non-Glock. I know nobody would know, but that's just the way I am.

03-06-2011, 09:31
I understand -- nice to play by the rules--makes doing well more gratifying.

CharlestonG26
03-06-2011, 09:38
My brother was quite proud of the super light trigger on his G19...until he had a couple of AD/NDs (take your pick) at his club's outdoor range. His pistol is now running with stock OEM parts.