930 SPX accessories. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 930 SPX accessories.

davesretired1
02-27-2011, 14:47
Looking for suggestions on where to look for available accessories for my SPX. Any help would be appreciated. TIA. Dave

mixflip
02-27-2011, 17:28
The only accessories I bought mine was an over sized charging handle by Choate, a front sling adapter and a sling.

I got them all at Brownells I think?

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i182/mixflip/CIMG5006.jpg

Ride5C2
03-04-2011, 08:05
- Choate or Nordic Bolt handles
- Wilson Combat sling plate (unless you have the new SPX with front sling mount already)
- Mesa Tactical or 3GunGear side saddles
- Brownells or Vang safety button upgrades
- New Railed forearm (see M24's post / review)
- Limbsaver recoil pad
- my favorite - low recoil ammo
- Fiocchi low recoil slugs
- Remington Managed recoil Target loads

mdfd
03-04-2011, 11:21
I just swapped out the factory plastic safety tang for a metal one from Brownell's. I've never had a problem with the plastic ones, but have heard of issues so I did it for ease of mind. I like the stock look and feel so I just went with the same design but made out of metal. Those damn factory 1-way screws are a PITA to take off. I ended up having to dremel a slot on it and cut some of the plastic tang. I had a new 1-way screw to install w/ the metal one so it's all kosher now but I would hate to have to take that one off now that the tang is metal....

I thought about a side saddle and light but am undecided as I like to keep my SG as light as possible (although the side saddle may actually help balance it out)...

Ride5C2
03-04-2011, 12:50
I just swapped out the factory plastic safety tang for a metal one from Brownell's. I've never had a problem with the plastic ones, but have heard of issues so I did it for ease of mind. I like the stock look and feel so I just went with the same design but made out of metal. Those damn factory 1-way screws are a PITA to take off. I ended up having to dremel a slot on it and cut some of the plastic tang. I had a new 1-way screw to install w/ the metal one so it's all kosher now but I would hate to have to take that one off now that the tang is metal....

I thought about a side saddle and light but am undecided as I like to keep my SG as light as possible (although the side saddle may actually help balance it out)...

I changed my side saddle to the 3gunGear version (from the Mesa one) due to weight. It's velcro, so it doesn't weigh much in the first place, but I keep it off for clays, etc., and then slap it on for local 3gun.

Yeah, as to the safety, after struggling with that screw, I just taped off the receiver area really well and then took a pair of pliers and just broke the plastic safety off, then used the pliers to unscrew the screw. . .

mdfd
03-04-2011, 12:55
I changed my side saddle to the 3gunGear version (from the Mesa one) due to weight. It's velcro, so it doesn't weigh much in the first place, but I keep it off for clays, etc., and then slap it on for local 3gun.

Yeah, as to the safety, after struggling with that screw, I just taped off the receiver area really well and then took a pair of pliers and just broke the plastic safety off, then used the pliers to unscrew the screw. . .

what screw did you end up using to replace that one? I couldn't find a replacement screw with a standard head (allen/phillips head would be nice) on it so I ended up using a brand new 1-way screw (same as the stock screw design) from Brownells but am not crazy about it and dread having to take it off again for any reason...

Ride5C2
03-04-2011, 13:11
I just used the original one, after breaking off the plastic safety, I just gripped the screw head from the sides with rag covered pliers and unscrewed it and re-used for the new safety. . . . .in a industry full of loctite, can't figure out why this screw was made this way.

Ride5C2
03-05-2011, 06:25
duplicate post