Knoxx stock/foregrip and Tacstar side saddle? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Knoxx stock/foregrip and Tacstar side saddle?

crazyasian1
02-28-2011, 07:19
Hey all, fixin' to get the Knoxx recoil reducing stock and the fore end that comes in the package. I thought I saw somewhere that the Tacstar 6 shell side saddle didn't fit w/o some modficiation to the fore end. I really don't want to grinding on a brand new part if I can avoid it.

Any experience with the fore grip itself and fitment with the shell holder?

Rakkasan
02-28-2011, 10:38
The Tac star 6 shell holder will not work with the Knoxx/Spec ops stock on my 870.

crazyasian1
02-28-2011, 18:44
Damn, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the clarification.

jbirds1210
03-06-2011, 19:49
The saddle works perfectly fine with the stock, it is the forend that needs to be thrown in the trash and replaced with a Speedfeed LE...IMHO of course. I run my 870 in this configuration and love it.

Jason

greenlead
03-06-2011, 21:49
I have the Knox SpecOps stock on my Mossberg 500, with the OEM Mossberg forend. I had to keep the original forend because it is the new molded type, instead of the older tube type.

Anyway, I notched out a part of the left side of the forend (just plastic, nothing special) so that the TacStar 6 round side saddle would work. The side saddle and pump action seem to work fine.

I'm still working on getting the stock to function properly, though. I can't get a proper sight picture using the rifle sights without having the cram my head over the top of the stock to establish a sight line through the sights. If I stay in this position to maintain the sight picture, the stock tries to knock my teeth out.

It seems the only workable strategy would be to establish a sight picture, hold the gun VERY still, and move your head out of the way before pulling the trigger.

BailRecoveryAgent
03-06-2011, 21:57
I'm still working on getting the stock to function properly, though. I can't get a proper sight picture using the rifle sights without having the cram my head over the top of the stock to establish a sight line through the sights. If I stay in this position to maintain the sight picture, the stock tries to knock my teeth out.

It seems the only workable strategy would be to establish a sight picture, hold the gun VERY still, and move your head out of the way before pulling the trigger.

Thats the problem with the AR style stocks, they don't have enough drop, even with spacers, to allow a good sight picture without resting your head on your shoulder and having to make a trip to the dentist.

Getting a different stock would be better than changing your shooting style to get a good sight picture and trying to hold still through the shot. I'm ordering the Hogue 12" lop stock for my new 870. It seems to fit me and my wife better than the stock lop.