357 SIG and 10mm Auto [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 357 SIG and 10mm Auto

glock20c10mm
02-28-2011, 18:56
Hi Mas,

As I barely have enough time for caliber corner I don't get around the rest of GT much. And since I came across your forum there is a question(s) I have.

In reguard to the 357SIG within any and all law enforcement circles (city/state/fed...), have you heard anything further on the effectiveness of the 357SIG at incapacitating BGs or animals (dogs...) over other rounds they carried in the past? Specifically looking for info in the last year or two (2009 or later).

Also, are you aware of any law enforcement of any kind that carries 10mm Auto? I've heard that there are a couple or so that do, but no info was offered as to who. Nor do I know what time frame was being refered to. I don't even remember where I saw it being commented on for reference. I guess there were/are a couple or so smaller towns in Florida carrying 10mm, but don't know which ones or if they still do. Any knowledge on those or others currently carrying the 10mm auto?

Thank You for any insight you can offer,
Craig:wavey:

Mas Ayoob
02-28-2011, 22:38
Craig, the 10mm is all but gone from the LE scene except for individual officers carrying privately owned, department approved pistols. The .357 SIG is boppin' right along, and nothing has changed in the last two years in terms of its proven high efficiency, that I'm aware of.

best,
Mas