Lazer me plenty [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lazer me plenty

GP4U2NV
03-01-2011, 16:01
Ok, for fun I would like to purchase a lazer for my G27.

I see a couple types:

1) replaces the slide spring (recoil rod)
2) add on to the rear grip
3) replaces rear sight
4) goes on the front of the triger gaurd.

This is a CCW gun. Goes in my pocket hoster.

Looking for long life, semi acurate, good fit and finish.

Bob469
03-01-2011, 16:10
if money isnt an option than i'd go with the guide rod... a little over 300 though

as far as the CT ones go i think its just preference between the rear mount or the front laser guard... although they are coming out with a front light guard so a CT laser on the rear and a CT light mounted on the front guard would be pretty badass...

if you want cheap i would go with the laserlyte that replaces the sight... also doesnt effect any holsters... but isnt instinctive meaning that you will have to practice and train yourself to grip the gun while un-holstering turning on the laser at the same time...

glockvit
03-01-2011, 16:32
Crimson Trace makes the lasergrip models and this depends on your gun and the way you grip it... some claim that it makes the grip too large, unless your have big hands.

Lasermax also makes a handgrip model that is slimmer than the CT and also with an on/off switch, this one gives an additional dove tail.

The lasermax guide rod laser have been know to cause some malfunction issues with otherwise flawless guns.
Thats all the information I have as I have been interested in having a laser, too.

cerebral aSSassin
03-01-2011, 16:35
i love my g27 with crimson trace laserguard.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/4700/dscn5011b.jpg

but if your looking for something just for fun and not for defense, go with the laserlyte.

Huber
03-01-2011, 16:37
i love my g27 with crimson trace laserguard.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/4700/dscn5011b.jpg

but if your looking for something just for fun and not for defense, go with the laserlyte.

that looks great!!

If you are wanting something cheaper I would do the Crimson that comes off the grip on the back of the gun.

cerebral aSSassin
03-01-2011, 16:45
that looks great!!

If you are wanting something cheaper I would do the Crimson that comes off the grip on the back of the gun.

thanks huber :supergrin:!

another great thing about the laserguard is that its supposed to fit in most unmodified g27 holsters. it also doesnt add any thickness to the gun, and it reactionary with a master on/off switch!

Angry Fist
03-01-2011, 16:46
I'll get the Lasermax internal when it's green. I wonder how long it will take.

glockvit
03-01-2011, 17:04
thanks huber :supergrin:!

another great thing about the lasergrip is that its supposed to fit in most unmodified g27 holsters. it also doesnt add any thickness to the gun, and it reactionary with a master on/off switch!

Are you speaking of the CT lasergrip that mounts on the handgrip... backstrap? It it is, then this one sure makes the grip larger.

cerebral aSSassin
03-01-2011, 17:12
Are you speaking of the CT lasergrip that mounts on the handgrip... backstrap? It it is, then this one sure makes the grip larger.

sorry, that was a typo. i meant the laserguard. :embarassed:

FLuXmr2spyder
03-01-2011, 18:30
lasermax is the least intrusive...it doesnt add any size to the pistol

i used one on my 23 its great

HK45Mark23
03-01-2011, 18:41
Lasermax all day long!!! Get the best.

GP4U2NV
03-01-2011, 19:11
I think that I am leaning towards the gaurd or the grip.

I have heard that the lazers on the sight and the guide rods have "limited" life due to the slide cycle.

HK45Mark23
03-01-2011, 22:19
And about the guide rod you have heard wrong. I have had several for many many years and tens of thousands of rounds of hot hot ammo. I don't know where people get these things from. Is there a mis and dis-information fairy out there?

TSAX
03-01-2011, 23:48
CTC makes good lasers but there are several options. CTC has made at least 3 versions of the rear grip activated. The original does add a bit of thickness and when you conceal carry it can print like it did for me. The second one was a scaled down less profile version of the first. The 3rd and more recent is a front activation that adds a little to the back only at the top and bottom and some bulk to the front but still can print. They have made as a 4th option a laserguard with mounts underneath the rail and connects to the trigger guard with activation button against the first/top finger area of the handle of the Glock. Crossbreed does make holsters that can fit the gun and laserguard. Check their site and you will see all these options.

Lasermax Makes a guide rod laser that is great with a pulsating red dot but is more expensive. They also make a rear activated called Sabre series. Then they have the Uni-Max that attaches to the rail.

Laserlyte makes a laser that replaces the rear site and the laser and activation switch is attached to that site. They also make a rail mounted laser.

In length it does but not in thickness. The battery is in the back of the Sabre and it has a longer beaver tail type look to it. The CTC models have a thicker/wider in the grip and where there laser sits than the Sabre. Also if you use a rubber slip on grip you can slip it over the Sabre easier than the CTC version except the CTC Laserguard. The Sabre is about $160 and the CTC models run about $220 the LaserMax guide rod runs anywhere from $270 to $330

Lastly you can look at the SUrefire X400 and Streamlight TLR-2s and the Viridian V5L as laser/light combos. There are companies like Blackhawk and Phantom that have holsters for these.

http://www.lasermax.com/cat_info.php?id=111

http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Pro...6/Default.aspx (http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Products/GLOCK/tabid/196/Default.aspx)

GlockKnightMare
03-02-2011, 05:05
I'll get the Lasermax internal when it's green. I wonder how long it will take.

I want green as well.

dancingwolf
03-02-2011, 06:59
I have CT grips and have used them and they're fine. Except it changes the grip size just enough to make it not right for me. So I only use LaserMax for GLOCKS and have had no issues. Unobtrusive and works with all holsters, doesn't affect the grip angle and is dead accurate.

ruzz
03-02-2011, 07:16
this is what the CT lasergaurd is able to do....with your arms wrapped around a tree. the lasergaurd (imho) is cool because windage will not change over a variety of distances. then all you have to keep in mind is the elevation differences.

jordankaden
03-02-2011, 08:00
I wish crimson trace would make one for my 2nd G36....

JRS
03-02-2011, 08:13
For CCW I'd go laserguard. Doesn't add to the width and takes no extra motion to turn it on (don't tell me your finger is on the switch for the lasermax guiderod laser anyway, as it still takes more than just grabbing the gun to use it)

I don't know why someone in this thread said you can use stock holsters unmodified with it, you can't. But people do make them for a glock + CT 436.

If you just want a range toy get a cheap rail mounted one.

PS: what's a laZer?

Bill Lumberg
03-02-2011, 08:55
Lasermax internals are tops for glocks. For weapons they aren't available for, Crimson Trace grips are okay.

firemedic1343
03-02-2011, 11:20
Lasermax internals are tops for glocks. For weapons they aren't available for, Crimson Trace grips are okay.

Can you adjust them if they are off center?

GP4U2NV
03-03-2011, 11:10
I ordered the grip version of the CT.

Got it for 154.95