Lasermax discount / battery cap [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lasermax discount / battery cap

aaronmj
03-02-2011, 09:39
Hey everybody. Just wanted to say a few things, I apologize for the length of this post. I recently bought my G27 with a lasermax guide rod installed (all used). I like it a lot...when it's working.

Two things happened, I field stripped it when I got it to have a look - never owned a glock before so I just wanted to familiarize myself. I field stripped it, put it back together and it wasn't racking smoothly. I thought, well that's weird, so I stripped it again, and said, well maybe the lasermax is in upside down???? SO I flipped it and sure enough, it racked smoothly. All good. Then I turned the laser on and it came on, I shut it off and it went off. I turned it back on and it didn't come on. I thought that was weird so I stripped it again and started playing with the laser. It turned out, the red battery cover was slid on upside down. When the battery cover is off it has arrows pointing to the barrel, then I looked close, the cover has the same thing so I flipped it around and put it back in and it was all good....racked smoothly, etc...

Then it stopped working again. I looked at the laser AGAIN and noticed the little brass point that is in the middle of the red cap was almost completely pushed in so it wasn't hitting anything to make contact. I slid the cap off, pushed it back out and reassembled, worked great....for a little bit, then it pushed back in and wasn't making contact again.

So I called lasermax and they said, oh, you just need a new battery cap, it's $10. I was a little shocked because I've always read on here of people having issues and they just send you new parts for free. I said ok.... But then I got reading on here.

I noticed a post that said there is a upgrade kit for the battery cap and slide lock lever. Didn't know if maybe my laser needed this kit??? Maybe that's why i'm having all these problems??

So my next question is, I know it's only $10 but I went to check out on their website and it asked for a coupon code. Anybody have one??

Thanks for reading, :wavey:

Aaron

Bill Lumberg
03-02-2011, 09:54
How old is your lasermax? We tested them and had no issues on 22's and 23's.

aaronmj
03-02-2011, 09:59
How old is your lasermax? We tested them and had no issues on 22's and 23's.

Not sure....I called Glock and gave them my serial number of my gun and they said it's an 2001. I bought it used WITH the lasermax so who knows...no paperwork at all.

It was however very clean, with the copper stuff still in the slide, it looks like it's had maybe a box of shells through it.

aaronmj
03-03-2011, 15:13
:bump:

xdx2
03-03-2011, 16:07
I have the opposite problem with my G30 with Lasermax, it comes on automatically when I shoot it. I have sent Lasermax an e-mail and they never got back to me. As far as the $10, I do remember folks on this forum saying if you bought the Lasermax new yourself they will honor their guarentee, not if you got it used.

aaronmj
03-04-2011, 05:56
I have the opposite problem with my G30 with Lasermax, it comes on automatically when I shoot it. I have sent Lasermax an e-mail and they never got back to me. As far as the $10, I do remember folks on this forum saying if you bought the Lasermax new yourself they will honor their guarentee, not if you got it used.

Interesting. Ok, well $10 it is... :cool: