The ideal library for defense of your actions post incident [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The ideal library for defense of your actions post incident

Boring
03-02-2011, 09:50
In the aftermath of a use of force incident, people will be judged by what they knew at the time of the incident.

Obviously, having training certs is one way to show what someone knew, as well as having instructors testify that someone knew a certain thing because the instructor's material covered that area; however, not everyone can get to all the training they would like to, or at least, not as fast as they want to.

Therefore, it may fall to books and DVD's to bolster the fact that someone knew what they claim they knew at the time they used force.

What material on body language, criminal behavior and so forth would you like to see in a defendant's home library which would assist him or her?

Also, what seminars on body language should people try to hit to bolster the fact they they could make a reasonable assumption, based on training, that someone was going to assault them?

Please note - I'm not talking about classes or material dealing with the use of force itself; rather I'm looking for material on the situations leading up to the use of force in terms of how to read and evaluate those situations better.

Thank you.

Mas Ayoob
03-02-2011, 09:58
Check your local community colleges, particularly those with criminal justice programs, for body language courses. Books are great, but having a local instructor who can come into court as a material witness and say, "Here's the deal, and yes, I taught Boring to recognize that," is worth its weight in gold.

best,
Mas