XS Express 24/7 Big Dot Express Sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : XS Express 24/7 Big Dot Express Sights

beetrix
03-02-2011, 15:55
My only carry pistol is the Model 36 Glock. I am considering the XS 24/7 sights. Either the regular or big dot. What is your opinion?

beetrix

Mas Ayoob
03-02-2011, 19:26
Great for fast work at close range, not so much if you need a distant or precision shot. I've seen some who can do very good work with the XS at distances, but not too many. Depends on your predicted threat profile and needs.
best,
Mas

beetrix
03-03-2011, 06:21
Thanks,

After I posted, I found the same answer in an old post. Sounds like good advice.

beetrix
03-03-2011, 16:42
Well, with all that said are there any other sights you could suggest?

Mas Ayoob
03-03-2011, 18:29
Beetrix, if you're looking for sights that are very fast in close and don't give up accuracy at 25 yards, I'd go with the Advantage Tactical. Google search will get you to 'em, and they advertise here on GlockTalk. I've won several matches with them on a G17 that's otherwise bone-stock except for grip tape, right down to the 5.5 lb trigger, most recently taking SSP division at an IDPA match in Jacksonville, FL in February (www.firstcoastidpa.com, great bunch of folks who run a great match). That pistol has spent a lot of "carry time" with me too.

In that particular match, Stage Five involved 18 "wild hog" targets, with one bank of 6 at about 25 yards, one shot apiece required, more allowed. I managed to win the stage overall with the G17 and its Advantage Sights. In Indiana a couple of years ago, I managed to score a 600 out of 600 on a short-line PPC course with the same gun and Advantage Tactical sights on B27 target, 60 shots in the 10 & X rings. (I forget the X-count.) Suffice to say, Advantage Tactical has proven its worth to this writer. (They don't have night sight versions yet, but if there's any light at all, you can see the triangle silhouette of the sights and get your hits.)

Hope this helps,
Mas