Mexican drug war. Do you think its [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mexican drug war. Do you think its

tongix
03-02-2011, 22:01
gonna end or its gonna get worse in the next ten years?

G26S239
03-02-2011, 22:03
I have no idea. Mexico is totally snafu'ed.

W.E.G.
03-02-2011, 22:04
They should smoke more of their product.

Then they might forget what they were supposed to be fighting about.

Shinesintx
03-02-2011, 22:06

Let me answer a question with a question:

Has it gotten better in the last 10 years?

Calico Jack
03-02-2011, 22:08

Well, without going into a lengthy reply... No.

rahulanand1130
03-02-2011, 22:10
100% get worse.

tongix
03-02-2011, 22:12
Thats right.

G26S239
03-02-2011, 22:12

It has definitely gone from bad to worse.

tongix
03-02-2011, 22:14
Guns , goons, gold and drugs abound. Pres Calderon is meeting Obama tomorrow. Maybe they have something in mind to solve this problem.

9jeeps
03-02-2011, 22:17
Say What?

Shinesintx
03-02-2011, 22:20
Guns , goons, gold and drugs abound. Pres Calderon is meeting Obama tomorrow. Maybe they have something in mind to solve this problem.

They are meeting to figure out how disarm Texans...

Nevermind the entire Mexican govt is corrupt.

TxGun
03-02-2011, 22:22
The Mexican government and military is corrupt from top to bottom. Yes, including Calderon. The cartels are in control of much of the country. It's going to go one-way only, and not for the better.

17119jfkioe
03-02-2011, 22:23
The real question is.....

Is America gunna get worse?

vGnzlz
03-02-2011, 22:50
no....unless we solve our drug problems here......... :whistling:

Chevytruckin98
03-02-2011, 22:55

This.

As long as there is a demand, there will be a supplier.

Brianharless13
03-02-2011, 22:56
Mexico will fix itself December 21, 2012. :)

Ol Timer
03-02-2011, 23:06
If Colombia can do it, any nation can.

They had insurgents on the left and paramilitaries on the right and drug cartels dead center. And who was the largest consumer of Colombian coca?

KommieforniaGlocker
03-02-2011, 23:09

They had insurgents on the left and paramilitaries on the right and drug cartels dead center. And who was the largest consumer of Colombian coca?

PePe's, Vigilantes, its what did it, shoot shovel and shut up, repeat, and do it many times, after a while, bad guys start thinking a new career move.

Hugo R
03-02-2011, 23:18
It wasn't until recently that the mexican cop started fighting back, what with the billions of dollars we've given them to fight this war on drugs:upeyes: Will things get better in Mexico? Hell no. Worse part about it is, it already is and will much more so...spill over into the United States and make our already problamatic sociopolitical landscape that much murkier and dangerous.

Now is the time for all good men to arm themselves and their families and prepare for the worse. If nothing happens, well, you end up with a nice gun and ammo collection. But if the balloon goes up...:50cal:

HR:cool:

HarleyGuy
03-02-2011, 23:20
PePe's, Vigilantes, its what did it, shoot shovel and shut up, repeat, and do it many times, after a while, bad guys start thinking a new career move.

Yes, but as I recall didn't this ultimately turn into a wolf/sheepdog paradox?

Regarding the Mexico situation;
I agree with an earlier poster, as long as there is a demand there will always be a supply.

Chevytruckin98
03-02-2011, 23:37

Have you read up on Columbia recently? The cartels never went anywhere. Where do you think Mexico gets the cocaine that we as a nation put up our noses?

Ol Timer
03-03-2011, 00:05
Have you read up on Columbia recently? The cartels never went anywhere. Where do you think Mexico gets the cocaine that we as a nation put up our noses?

I never said Colombia was rid of it's cartels. And FARC is still present. But the exploding violence that plagued the country in the 80s & 90s, like what is happening in Mexico today, is nowhere near as prevalent.

Calico Jack
03-03-2011, 00:12

http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/5070307/What-You-Talkin-Bout-Willis.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Gary-Coleman

Ridgerunner665
03-03-2011, 00:13
I never said Colombia was rid of it's cartels. And FARC is still present. But the exploding violence that plagued the country in the 80s & 90s, like what is happening in Mexico today, is nowhere near as prevalent.

I'd say its worse now than it was when Escobar was still around...the difference is simply a matter of "logistics"...they have moved closer to the border and are, I believe, in the process of crossing it!

Ol' Pablo blew up a few people, but he done all of it down there...these new guys are even doing it on our side of the river.

How is that not worse?

Ol Timer
03-03-2011, 00:23
:brickwall:

kirgi08
03-03-2011, 01:21

This.

As long as there is a demand, there will be a supplier.

Supply/Demand is how one gets rich in this country.'08.

KommieforniaGlocker
03-03-2011, 23:33
Yes, but as I recall didn't this ultimately turn into a wolf/sheepdog paradox?

Regarding the Mexico situation;
I agree with an earlier poster, as long as there is a demand there will always be a supply.

Nope, worked just fine.

HKMark23
03-04-2011, 04:06

-There is huge demand in the US.
-The US Government flooded drug producing nations with $ in the "War on Drugs".
-The production & distribution has simply moved closer to it's user and further from "The War".

That is why I always get a kick out of terms like "Mexico's Drug War". For the most part they are simply caught in the cross-fire of what have historically been the largest producers and the largest users.

Narkcop
03-04-2011, 04:24

Columbia aint fixed. Where do you think the cocaine comes from? Not Mexico.

barbedwiresmile
03-04-2011, 06:01
It was predestined to fail from the start, as was ours.

"Wars" against inanimate objects or human behaviors tend to fail. Government prohibition against specific commodities create black markets and drive up the price of the prohibited commodity. This in turn provides great incentive for criminal elements to focus on the high-value activity of smuggling the prohibited commodity. Meanwhile, none of this has any effect on demand.

This is one of those realities that has been proven and observed time and time again, yet we continue to think we can change the reality if only we throw more government at the problem. This is the "conservative" version of a statist mental disorder often attributed only to "liberals" - it's the flip-side of the welfare state coin: the nanny state.

hamster
03-04-2011, 06:09
It was predestined to fail from the start, as was ours.

"Wars" against inanimate objects or human behaviors tend to fail. Government prohibition against specific commodities create black markets and drive up the price of the prohibited commodity. This in turn provides great incentive for criminal elements to focus on the high-value activity of smuggling the prohibited commodity. Meanwhile, none of this has any effect on demand.

This is one of those realities that has been proven and observed time and time again, yet we continue to think we can change the reality if only we throw more government at the problem. This is the "conservative" version of a statist mental disorder often attributed only to "liberals" - it's the flip-side of the welfare state coin: the nanny state.
http://stubbornlynaive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Slow-Clap.gif

johnd
03-04-2011, 06:09
If they wanted it to stop, they could stop it. If we wanted it to stop we could stop it. However, it benefits too many on both sides to stop it.

coastal4974
03-04-2011, 07:36
Considering that the Obama regime is supplying weapons to the drug cartels, I would say it doesn’t look good for improvement.

KommieforniaGlocker
03-04-2011, 23:03
Considering that the Obama regime is supplying weapons to the drug cartels, I would say it doesn’t look good for improvement.

:dunno:

Seriously?

RetDet
07-05-2011, 21:05
The US lost its national backbone with the completion of WWII. Since that time, we've been a country of wobblers and spineless jerks. If we were willing to do what it takes to rid ourselves of Mexico's spreading disease, we could. Reapers work well, as do Predators. Closing the borders and insuring that they stay closed work also. You need to keep forcing the issue, and you need to learn to treat the enemy like an enemy, not like an estranged family member. I'd deliver paraquat to the Mexican poppy fields and marijuana fields by drone. It works well to kill the plants, and at the same time makes the product less than desirable because it's carcinogenic. And that's just for starters. Spraying the people maintaining the fields with paraquat isn't a bad idea either.