Glock 36 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 36

jstephens202
03-03-2011, 12:50
Mas,
From reading your articles I know you have a very high opinion on the Glock 30. What are your views on the Glock 36? Do you find it as good as the G30? I have one, G36, and love it. The boss(wife) may let me buy a new gun(although as the man I could do it if I want! Right) and I was thinking of the G30, just due to your opinion of it.
Thanks,

Mas Ayoob
03-03-2011, 17:21
Speaking just for myself, none of the G36s I've shot have ever given me the consistent accuracy I've seen in virtually every G30 I've shot after a few hundred rounds had been through the 30 and it was broken in. My own two G30s, a 30SF I use in GSSF Major Sub and a first-year G30 with a Tarnhelm grip trim (www.tarnhelm.com) which disqualifies it as a stock GSSF gun, spend a lot of time with me. My G36, which works fine, has been gathering cobwebs in the gun safe for years.

I've seen some G36s that just weren't reliable, something you don't see elsewhere in the Glock line (at least, I don't). What I have found is that if your G36 works 100% for several hundred rounds, it WORKS, and you don't have to worry about it.

I'd say go ahead and get a G30 (the SF fits most hands better) and see which .45 you like best.
Cordially,
Mas