Winchester PDX1 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Winchester PDX1

Bevenue
03-03-2011, 20:53
Whats your view on Winchester PDX1 9MM +P 124gr? I have a buddy looking to get some for a Glock 19. http://www.winchester.com/products/handgun-ammunition/supreme-elite/bonded-pdx1/Pages/S9MMPDB.aspx

Mas Ayoob
03-03-2011, 21:06
Bevenue, this load seems to be REMARKABLY similar to the 124 grain Ranger-T +P in its test protocol performance. That load in turn is very close to the 127 +P+ Winchester Ranger, which has turned in an almost legendary performance on the streets in dozens of shootings over many years with 9mm pistols. Haven't run across any shootings with the PDX yet, but the Ranger counterpart has been in use for going on a couple of years now with one large metropolitan police department that gets into a lot of shootings, and I haven't heard any complaints. While I'm currently at a stage of my life where I'd rather trust my butt to a load that has been used successfully in many shootings, I don't think I'd stay up at night worrying about it if I was carrying a 9mm loaded with the round you're asking about.

best,
Mas