Stock Length of Pull Adjustment Needed! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Stock Length of Pull Adjustment Needed!

lowes48
03-04-2011, 08:41
Hey Guys,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I recently changed the stock on my Remington 870 Express Magnum to a youth stock that has a short length-of-pull (12Ē) that I bought last week. My reasoning for the change was that even though Iím 6í4Ē and have long arms, I didnít like how the gun shouldered with the original stock, and I felt a shorter LOP would be better for a home defense application. Well, it does come up quicker now, but it feels a bit too cramped! That being the case, I would like to add about 1Ē to the stock which would make it perfect for me. I see that Remington offers an adjustable LOP system (spacers), but I donít think they would work on the short stock. I believe they are made to work with a standard stock and would be too large for the short stockís rear profile unless they were trimmed down, which I donít want to mess with. Does anyone know of a spacer/recoil pad that lengthens a youth stock? Or does anyone make a thin replacement for the thick recoil pad on the synthetic stock which would shorten the LOP? Either way I think I would end up with something that suits me. If I have to change back to the original Iíll at least have a short stock for my son when he gets old enough to shoot!<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Thanks in advance for your time and effort with my questions!

Victoriagotagun
03-04-2011, 08:57
Get a slip on Limbsaver recoil pad.

barstoolguru
03-04-2011, 10:31
packmyer makes a slip on or screw on gun butt recoil pad that will add an inch without dammaging the stock

OKMike
03-06-2011, 20:05
+1 on the limbsaver