Primary Purpose of "C" Models [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Primary Purpose of "C" Models

Calico Hunter
03-04-2011, 09:51
What is the primary purpose of the "C" Models?
Were they designed as carry weapons or some other purpose?

:dunno:

Thank You

Mas Ayoob
03-04-2011, 20:03
Simply to reduce muzzle jump. A few departments issue them. The upward muzzle gas blast takes many retention shooting techniques off the table. Since they are recoil compensated, they're not allowed in stock gun classes at Glock matches, or in any IDPA.

Funny story. Friend of mine is a cop in a good-size city where the issue gun is a Glock 22C. Because he wanted to use his duty gun in matches, he asked if he could carry a regular G22 at work instead. Instructor told him the G22C was selected to be his fighting gun, and they didn't cater to target pistol shooters, or words to that effect.

Go figure,
Mas

Calico Hunter
03-05-2011, 08:10
Mas,

Thank you for the prompt response. Your expertise and experience have answered several questions for me, and the additional info pertaining to some LE Departments issuing “C” Models has eliminated most of my concerns regarding a G23C as a concealed carry weapon.
I must believe that the choice to issue C models came with a complete understanding that the Officer’s may have to use their weapons in low-light or very dark situations.
Thanks again