Used Mossberg 590 w/accessories value? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Used Mossberg 590 w/accessories value?

BailRecoveryAgent
03-04-2011, 14:22
I had decided on a Maverick 88 security up until I found this 590 with the hogue 12" lop stock, as well as the Surefire forend with built in light, both accessories I was interested in.

The action is still nice and solid, the inside looks as if it was cleaned and lubed properly during its life, but cosmetically its only in fair condition, scratches, dings and dents here and there. My Glock has plenty of holster wear so the cosmetic condition isn't a concern for me, it appears to be a good functioning shotgun with lots of life left.

What is an acceptable price to pay for it? They are asking $300 and it is not stolen, already verified.

Thanks guys

mdfd
03-04-2011, 14:24
that's a decent price considering the Surefire forend (~$275 new) and the Hogue stock...

BailRecoveryAgent
03-04-2011, 14:44
that's a decent price considering the Surefire forend (~$275 new) and the Hogue stock...

The surefire forend is cool, but I wasn't going to spend the money to put one on whatever I bought, but the hogue stock was going to be a definite purchase, it fits me and my wife better than the factory setup, but the surefire forend makes it an even better deal. If its still available tomorrow, I'm going to go look at it again and really look the thing over.

If I got bored and was looking for a project, I could always refinish the receiver, but the added "character" doesn't bother me. It looks like its been cleaned/lubed properly, but possibly thrown behind the seat of a pickup, it doesn't look abused or like its been ran over by a dump truck.

mdfd
03-04-2011, 15:39
The surefire forend is cool, but I wasn't going to spend the money to put one on whatever I bought, but the hogue stock was going to be a definite purchase, it fits me and my wife better than the factory setup, but the surefire forend makes it an even better deal. If its still available tomorrow, I'm going to go look at it again and really look the thing over.

If I got bored and was looking for a project, I could always refinish the receiver, but the added "character" doesn't bother me. It looks like its been cleaned/lubed properly, but possibly thrown behind the seat of a pickup, it doesn't look abused or like its been ran over by a dump truck.

it's worth a look. and if you happen to want to get rid of the Surefire fore end, I'd be interested in it if it's in decent shape....

dc2integra
03-05-2011, 00:27
It sounds like a good deal .I say go for it.

BailRecoveryAgent
03-06-2011, 09:29
I went in to look over the used 590 again, and walked out with a new 870 with +2 mag ext.

I discovered that even with a new battery, the forend light didn't work, and upon cycling the action a few times, the guide rails bound up and wouldn't budge, I handed it to the fun store counter guy, he looked it over, and tried to cycle it again and parts came out and fell on the floor.:shocked: He picked them up, looking somewhat embarassed and mad, took parts, gun and all and set it under the counter and told another employee, "I can't believe we even put that POS on the shelf, thats not the kind of gun to try to sell to somebody." I asked if there were previous issues with it that they knew about, and they said it belongs to another employee who is selling it on consignment so to speak to help fund an AR purchase. They said the employee who owns it was only allowed to try to sell it through the store because he's family of the owners and a long term employee.

The worst part, he had raised the price from $300 to $395, which is a lot more than I paid for the 870 brand new.