"Different" treatment in sporting goods stores [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : "Different" treatment in sporting goods stores

Mrs. L.
03-04-2011, 17:31
:steamed::steamed::steamed:
What is the problem with "our" money? Is it because I have gray hair and am a female that makes my presence in their store a nuisance? "And she has a question!!!?"
I usually don't let this kind of stupidity bother me but...This happened today in a well-stocked shop near my home(lots of goodies, many choices, etc.) But the owner does not have a clue! Perhaps his business is slowing down and he wonders why? We look, but buy elsewhere.

Is this common for anyone else?

Mrs. L.

Batesmotel
03-04-2011, 18:58
Why do I get treated like trash when I walk into a fabric store?

PATRICE
03-05-2011, 05:48

sawgrass
03-05-2011, 09:05
Mrs. L. it happens everywhere and it pisses me off too. I take my business elsewhere if possible. If for some reason I really need to shop at a business
that doesn't practice quality customer service, they get a more 'agressive' customer.

It was their choice. Of course we know how that plays out...it isn't at all that
they are incompetent, it's that the customer (me) is a *****.

wrencher
03-05-2011, 09:09
I've been known to get ignored in sporting goods stores and fabric stores, so there!:wow:
Like sawgrass, I'll take my business elsewhere if I can.

LilWolfess
03-05-2011, 09:13
:steamed::steamed::steamed:
What is the problem with "our" money? Is it because I have gray hair and am a female that makes my presence in their store a nuisance? "And she has a question!!!?"
I usually don't let this kind of stupidity bother me but...This happened today in a well-stocked shop near my home(lots of goodies, many choices, etc.) But the owner does not have a clue! Perhaps his business is slowing down and he wonders why? We look, but buy elsewhere.

Is this common for anyone else?

Mrs. L.

I...am having a tough time understanding what exactly is pissing you off so greatly.

Did they refuse to sell something to you after you said you were going to purchase it?

LilWolfess
03-05-2011, 09:31
For myself, I know which dudes behind the counter are jerks, and which ones I can expect to gain some decent service out of. Said jerks don't give anyone the time of day unless the manager is over their shoulder. If it's just them up front, I ask for a manager.

I don't get ignored at any of the gun stores I regularly visit. This is because I'm known as a buyer.

For stores that I don't regularly visit, I get ignored until I make it known that I'm going to buy something. So...I make it known that I am a customer worth their time. I suppose that's a little easier for me since I'm fairly young and have boobs, but I have absolutely no problem with speaking my mind or asking for attention.

Usually, "I want to hold that gun!" works pretty well.

Lone_Wolfe
03-05-2011, 12:59
:arg:
:panties: S000, maybe we can stay on topic....Perhaps we can address your issues in another thread?

Hhmmm...I haven't had that particular experience, but I know many women who complain of such. I honestly think some of it has a lot to do with the clerk's compensation system. Most sporting-/gun-stores that I'm aware of don't give their sales-clerks/counter-help a commission on the products they sell. I think an awful lot of the hired-hands are there to have a job, collect their hourly wages, and to entertain themselves. I think a consequence of their compensation system is that there isn't an incentive to try to take care of every customer, especially a gray-haired lady who may not have the qualities to distract them from their comfortable inactivity or their boy-talk over some intensely entertaining topic. Sometimes I think it takes more character than most people have in order to be able to treat all people decently; and, in deference to Mr. Bates complaint, I will say that I think the aforementioned lack of character extends to many women as well.--Patrice

P.S. Is anyone else a little uncomfortable with someone w/ a SN of "Batesmotel" posting in a women's subforum???:shower:

Batesmotel I can deal with. Would you believe we have a Buster Hymen on GT? :faint: :upeyes:

lethal tupperwa
03-05-2011, 13:50
but I won't mess with her

PATRICE
03-05-2011, 14:25

Lone_Wolfe
03-05-2011, 14:38
Hhmmm....Well so much for my reflective discourse w/ re: to Mrs. L's question....I guess I'll just be p'ss'd off with the rest of the sub-forum.

Hhmmm....LW, no; I had no idea there was a member with such a screen name. I'm quite shocked. I'm wondering if he could be encouraged to change his SN to something a bit more appropriate....--Patrice

Hey, no need to be pissed off at everyone just because one person didn't adress the rest of your post. Someone probably will, I just didn't have a good reply right now.

Someone who would choose a name like that seems unlikely to willingly change it without moderator incentive.

Mrs Glockrunner
03-05-2011, 15:21
Hey Mrs. L,

I, too, have been ignored at certain stores. Especially if Bob is with me. They will cater to him, thinking he is the one doing the purchase. I just let them know what's what, and that usually straightens them out.

I would think in these times where the woman has as much power as a man, they would get a clue. This isn't the 40's, or earlier, when the man made the decision. Wake up, idiots!!!

When I get my gander up because of someone's ignorance, Bob knows just to step aside and stay out of it. I can be quite intimidating when I need to be.

I would write an email to the parent company and let them know how you feel. It might wake a few people up. At least it will make you feel a bit better. I'm forever writing emails and/or letters to the 'big-wigs' and give my opinions. Some are good opinions, some are bad experiences. It only helps the businesses in the future.

Mrs. L.
03-05-2011, 17:56
Hey Mrs. L,

I, too, have been ignored at certain stores. Especially if Bob is with me. They will cater to him, thinking he is the one doing the purchase. I just let them know what's what, and that usually straightens them out.

I would think in these times where the woman has as much power as a man, they would get a clue. This isn't the 40's, or earlier, when the man made the decision. Wake up, idiots!!!

When I get my gander up because of someone's ignorance, Bob knows just to step aside and stay out of it. I can be quite intimidating when I need to be.

I would write an email to the parent company and let them know how you feel. It might wake a few people up. At least it will make you feel a bit better. I'm forever writing emails and/or letters to the 'big-wigs' and give my opinions. Some are good opinions, some are bad experiences. It only helps the businesses in the future.

But .....it was just this "attitude;":upeyes: I was exchanging an item that cost $10, and the owner of the shop replaced it with an item that cost $9. When I mentioned the price difference(only a dollar I know) ,but hey a dollar is a dollar, he made no effort to refund the difference.
Thanks...

PATRICE
03-05-2011, 18:04

sunnymw
03-05-2011, 18:32
I haven't had an issue when going in by myself, but then again I'll walk right up to the counter and ask for what I'm looking for. Now, today, I saw that everyone was looking at my husband first, and he basically said "My wife wants to look at XYZ." and then walked of with the kiddos. :D

Mrs. L.
03-06-2011, 17:37
So...today is another day...and yesterday was fun at the range!!!!

Thanks, all!

MelARob
03-06-2011, 19:21
Mrs. L, et al...

I've experienced some of the same "attitude" as well, but I must say that I revel in the times where I am first treated like a second class citizen - when, soon to their dismay, they find out I know just as much or sometimes more about items/products in their gun store. There is that sudden lightbulb look in their eye when I start talking shop, which tickles me to no end. My only hope when this happens is that this revelation stays with the man-idiot for years to come... and that he doesn't treat any woman (or anyone) as if they are different in the future.

Dazzle them with your knowledge, and watch as their mouths drop when you start talking like the (wo)man they thought you weren't!

-Mel

ExxoticOne
03-06-2011, 19:35
I have not encountered this attitude. I was thinking, based on my experiences, that we get treated better...

simply because we're women.

SouthernGal
03-08-2011, 08:07
There's a local gun store here in Memphis that I have all but sworn off. The guys behind the counter treat women like "lesser citizens" and act like we don't have any idea of what works best for us or what the hell we want. Last time I checked, my money was just as green and spends the same as men's.

About a month ago I bought a G23 from a dealer out of Oxford. The guys there were standing around a table at a show with a pink revolver talking to a male potential customer. I happened to be wearing a pink shirt. The guy asked why someone would want a pink pistol and the salesman said maybe women wanted to be "color coordinated" and then looked my way. I said I wasn't interested in matching, "can I see that G23 please?" I held it once and said, "I'll be back in 5 minutes with your cash for this gun."

Those guys asked about me last week at the Southaven show.

I won't deal with businesses that treat me wrong. My dollars talk and yours should too.

agtman
03-08-2011, 17:12
There's a local gun store here in Memphis that I have all but sworn off. The guys behind the counter treat women like "lesser citizens" and act like we don't have any idea of what works best for us or what the hell we want. Last time I checked, my money was just as green and spends the same as men's.

About a month ago I bought a G23 from a dealer out of Oxford. The guys there were standing around a table at a show with a pink revolver talking to a male potential customer. I happened to be wearing a pink shirt. The guy asked why someone would want a pink pistol and the salesman said maybe women wanted to be "color coordinated" and then looked my way. I said I wasn't interested in matching, "can I see that G23 please?" I held it once and said, "I'll be back in 5 minutes with your cash for this gun."

Those guys asked about me last week at the Southaven show.
I won't deal with businesses that treat me wrong. My dollars talk and yours should too.

Agree. Actually, that disappoints me to hear that about Memphis.

Born in Memphis, raised there a bit, then moved to Cleve., Oh.

Thought by now the South had, ah, ... evolved a bit.

I think you made the right call, though, FWIW.

:cool:

CitizenOfDreams
03-08-2011, 18:46
I think it has more to do with the personnel in the particular place than with you being a woman.

I have been treated like a prince in "girly" stores and ignored in "manly" stores, and vice versa.

pac201
03-08-2011, 19:17
I think it has more to do with the personnel

I went to a Kubota tractor store looking for a mower and could not get a sales rep to even acknowledge me for 20 minutes or so. I left without talking to anyone; on my way across the yard to my truck a guy asks if he can help, I said not anymore, I came here to buy a mower and couldn't get anyone to wait on me, so by...

PATRICE
03-08-2011, 21:07

ubimow
03-09-2011, 01:27
I have not encountered this attitude. I was thinking, based on my experiences, that we get treated better...

simply because we're women.

Sadly, this is not the case around here. I and my sister, have ALWAYS been treated like crap at gun stores and sporting goods stores. I am blatantly ignored while they ask men all around me if they can help them. Then when they do get around to asking me if I need help, they talk to me like I am a 6 year old. :steamed:

TSAX
03-09-2011, 04:01
Some people are just gonna be like this where ever you go.

Lone_Wolfe
03-09-2011, 05:46
Hhmmm....Well, until such point that one such as yourself is treated like a princess in a" boy-o" store, I will not give pause for thought with re: to such conjecture. Until then, I will question such manly insight.

Do men really, really think that gender discrimination does not continue to occur--especially in those areas that were generally considered to be within the male purview? And please...when we complain about discrimination...don't pat us on the head and tell us that we're simply imagining things.--Patrice

If they stop doing that how will we really know they're men? :rofl:

CitizenOfDreams
03-09-2011, 07:05
Do men really, really think that gender discrimination does not continue to occur--especially in those areas that were generally considered to be within the male purview? And please...when we complain about discrimination...don't pat us on the head and tell us that we're simply imagining things.

Well... Maybe they thought it would be better for them in the long run to simply ignore a female customer? So every word they say wouldn't be treated as a chauvinistic insult?

:couch:

ExxoticOne
03-09-2011, 07:51
Well... Maybe they thought it would be better for them in the long run to simply ignore a female customer? So every word they say wouldn't be treated as a chauvinistic insult?

:couch:

I am NOT implying the women posting here are like this but I have seen plenty of mean looking, unapproachable, shrews who act like the red carpet should be rolled out for them simply because they've got buying power. They're bitter and defensive before they even walk in the door and then they wonder why the men are repelled. These same women getting treated like crap everywhere they go.

sawgrass
03-09-2011, 09:07
I've noticed that male sales people are much more attentive when it's hot out. Must have something to do with that whole seasonal affective disorder
thing. That would also explain X-1's exemplary treatment down in sunny Florida.

PATRICE
03-09-2011, 19:04

PATRICE
03-09-2011, 19:26

PATRICE
03-09-2011, 19:29

ExxoticOne
03-09-2011, 20:01
The female members I interact with here are smart and independent and atypical of the general female population.

We've seen how poorly some man-boys react to some of us online here so it's not hard to believe they wouldn't know how to interact with a real live female. :rofl:

sawgrass
03-09-2011, 21:15
Hhmmm....Well, I have my own suspicions re: why EO receives such fine treatment....And, I'm a tad envious.--Patrice :cool:

Designer scrubs.

CitizenOfDreams
03-09-2011, 21:42
Patrice,

I'm not talking about businesses and business plans. I'm talking about the poor low-wage clerk in a hardware store who has a choice: speak to the woman and let her unleash her fury onto him, or pretend he did not notice her and wait until she asks for help first.

sawgrass
03-09-2011, 22:06
Patrice,

I'm not talking about businesses and business plans. I'm talking about the poor low-wage clerk in a hardware store who has a choice: speak to the woman and let her unleash her fury onto him, or pretend he did not notice her and wait until she asks for help first.

:dunno:So...is she somehow easier to deal with 'after' being ignored? Your posts don't make any sense to me. The bottom line is that if a customer isn't treated well for whatever reason they will likely take their business elsewhere. Thankfully this is America and we have choices. You would think that with the ease of online shopping, businesses would be working a little harder on quality customer service. Who's going to end up unemployed?
Answer: the low wage rude clerk.

ETA: It's really interesting how business owners and managers forget 'who' their
business really is. It's not the name in the window or on the side of the truck, it's the bored low paid clerk, it's the service person coming in to do the work, it's the
barista pouring the coffee. It's a hell of a lot easier to keep a customer than to
get new customers and that's something that seems easily forgotten by so many people. People are willing to pay for service that makes them feel good. That's what they remember and that's why they come back. There are too many shopping
options to tolerate poor service.

Zonny
03-09-2011, 23:47
There are too many shopping
options to tolerate poor service.

:agree:

CitizenOfDreams
03-09-2011, 23:49
Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a store will not go out of business just because one of the clerks rubbed you against the grain. And deep inside you heart you already know it, that's why you rant about your customer service misadventures with such bitterness. Go ahead now, behead the messenger.

duncan
03-09-2011, 23:55
Sad to hear that people are being treated differently because of their body parts. But I gotta tell you, happens to black people all of the time.

If you don't get served they way you want to be served, bounce with your money. Plenty of places will treat you fine.

CitizenOfDreams
03-10-2011, 00:21
Sad to hear that people are being treated differently because of their body parts. But I gotta tell you, happens to black people all of the time.

The thing is, some people may get treated the same as others and still get offended and think they are discriminated against. I have observed it many times while having lunch in a mixed male/female company. Some minor sloppiness in the service that men just shrug off, women take as a personal insult against them.

ExxoticOne
03-10-2011, 06:18
Designer scrubs.

Technically, it's what's underneath them.

Did you really need to bring this up? I *thought* I already put 250 lbs of envious shrew in her place. :dunno:

ExxoticOne
03-10-2011, 06:20
The thing is, some people may get treated the same as others and still get offended and think they are discriminated against. I have observed it many times while having lunch in a mixed male/female company. Some minor sloppiness in the service that men just shrug off, women take as a personal insult against them.

Perhaps our standards are higher? :dunno:

PATRICE
03-10-2011, 06:57

lethal tupperwa
03-10-2011, 07:05
won't go out of business----BS

the NUMBER 1 reason people change where they shop is

Ding Ding Ding--they were offended by someone working at that business!!

the second reason people stop shopping at a store is Death.

PATRICE
03-10-2011, 07:07
<giggle>.....
</giggle>

PATRICE
03-10-2011, 07:32

Lone_Wolfe
03-10-2011, 07:49
:upeyes:
Hhmmm....Better in the long run to ignore a female customer??? No wonder so many businesses fail. {A very, very bad business plan.]

...better... in the long run to simply ignore a female customer.....better... in the long run to simply ignore a female customer....better... in the long run to simply ignore a female customer....better... in the long run to simply ignore a female customer....better... in the long run to simply ignore a female customer....better... in the long run to simply ignore a female customer.......better... in the long run to simply ignore a female customer.......better... in the long run to simply ignore a female customer....

Sometimes simple words betray one's underlying attitudes. Such a pity....Such a shame.... I would have expected something different, especially in a women's subforum--Patrice

I got to agree with you on that, how does the clerk know what anyone's attitude is before he speaks to her?

I remember going to a yard sale with a male friend of mine and looking at some tools. The friend was completely inept mecanically and didn't know what most of the tools did. I asked the seller a question and he looked my male friend in the eye and answered. My friend gave him a blank look and looked at me. I asked another question with the same response, then I asked the seller why he was doing that and he looked shocked to realize a woman was the one talking to him. He hemmed and hawed until I said forget it and tossed down the stuff I had picked up to buy.

ExxoticOne
03-10-2011, 07:52
<giggle> Not to worry, EO...most of us know and love you...and most of us who wear uniform apparel at work do both admire & positively envy said designer scrubs.--Patrice</giggle>

Speaking of poor treatment, the only place I used to catch a lot of "Hey little lady, let me tell you what you need blah blah blah" nonsense is at car dealerships. Once you work you way out of a Hyundai and grow up the treatment does improve.

Lone_Wolfe
03-10-2011, 07:54
Technically, it's what's underneath them.

Did you really need to bring this up? I *thought* I already put 250 lbs of envious shrew in her place. :dunno:

Methinks you overestimated by just a bit.... or a lot. :wavey:

So I won't be accused of going off topic I will open my post with this statement....Discrimination Happens, and if a Community Supports it...It Will Continue....

Now for the rest of my business....

Hhmmm....Well, I've reviewed a number of CoD's posts, and have examined the public profile. I see nothing new in perspective, no willingness to learn about or acknowledge other perspectives, no socially redeeming qualities....:whistling:

My ignore list has gotten very small, but I'm adding 1 to it. S000, in a manner of speaking, 'm not doing business with said individual anymore; neither in this in this particular sub-forum nor GT in general.--Patrice :tongueout:

P.S. I will say this...I don't expect said individual to "go out of business" so-to-speak on GT. I'm quite sure that he will always have like-minded fellows with whom to converse.

So how many of you ladies would join a women only social group here on GT?

I ask, because I created one and have been thinking of trying to get it up and running?

PATRICE
03-10-2011, 07:57

ExxoticOne
03-10-2011, 07:57
Methinks you overestimated by just a bit.... or a lot. :wavey:

I disagree. :wavey:

sawgrass
03-10-2011, 08:00
<GIGGLE> [Giggle] SG...I was about to respond to your quoted post that I suspected it might be other things as well, but EO beat me to it.

Not to worry, EO...most of us know and love you...and most of us who wear uniform apparel at work do both admire & positively envy said designer scrubs.--Patrice</GIGGLE>

I hadn't put that much thought into it. My whole point is that X1 is beautiful and men likely knock each over to get to her. Look at her following on GT and
that's an avatar of someone else. My comment about SAD was dripping with sarcasm, and the point of it is, that weather permitting and I myself has a
little cleavage showing, men perk up. I don't think it's Obama's fault and it's
really not George Bush's fault either, so let's blame it on Snap On. I can tell
you that after 30 years in a skilled trade I've never seen anyone turn a wrench in a binkini, unless it was me working on my own damn pool pump.

Lone_Wolfe
03-10-2011, 08:02
Speaking of poor treatment, the only place I used to catch a lot of "Hey little lady, let me tell you what you need blah blah blah" nonsense is at car dealerships. Once you work you way out of a Hyundai and grow up the treatment does improve.

My mother is retired from Ford, that makes me eligible for an employee/retiree discount. It's always fun to walk onto a lot and let the salesman start that drivel then stop him in his tracks and tell him my Momma still has friends in the glass house (Ford headquarters). :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lone_Wolfe
03-10-2011, 08:04
I disagree. :wavey:

I've met her, she's well short of 2 bills.

sawgrass
03-10-2011, 08:12

If you don't get served they way you want to be served, bounce with your money. Plenty of places will treat you fine.

Something can be wrong for a long long time, it doesn't make it any less wrong Duncan. It's pleasing to me that with passing generations things are
changing for the better in some ways.

Since this thread is about treatment of others based upon differences, I'm going to stick this here. I read "The Help" last Saturday. It makes you think and it's written well enough that you feel like you're part of it.

PATRICE
03-10-2011, 08:14

sawgrass
03-10-2011, 08:16
My mother is retired from Ford, that makes me eligible for an employee/retiree discount. It's always fun to walk onto a lot and let the salesman start that drivel then stop him in his tracks and tell him my Momma still has friends in the glass house (Ford headquarters). :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I didn't know that. Have I ever told you that S was a trainer for Ford. She flew
all over the country training Ford technicians for several years. She has a few
stories. Nice to see you posting.:cool:

Lone_Wolfe
03-10-2011, 08:22
Hhmmm....I remember reading that exchange back when it happened. I remember that EO seemed to have located a photo of the offending party...so perhaps not. [I remember that the printed exchange was troubling to me at the time I read it...but, a friend is a friend, virtual or otherwise....G_D may be no respecter of persons, but I'm afraid I am...I support my friends.]

At 450#, could she even walk? :faint:

I met a lady not too long ago...she tipped the scales at ~450+...so again... perhaps not.

Hhmmm...Well, I'm up for it. I remember reading though that one of our esteemed members threatened to leave the women's subforum, if it's membership became restricted...so, I guess she won't be joining us...:whistling: [:rofl:]--Patrice

I just sent out a bunch of invites. It's called Hen Party and it's just for all the GT ladies.

sawgrass
03-10-2011, 08:29
I just sent out a bunch of invites. It's called Hen Party and it's just for all the GT ladies.

I clicked yes, but you have to be a paid member to join a social group.

Lone_Wolfe
03-10-2011, 08:31
I didn't know that. Have I ever told you that S was a trainer for Ford. She flew
all over the country training Ford technicians for several years. She has a few
stories. Nice to see you posting.:cool:

I don't remember you say that, but you may have. My mind is still out of order, so remembering things isn't my long suit.

Good to see you here, too. :wavey:

CitizenOfDreams
03-10-2011, 08:34
My ignore list has gotten very small, but I'm adding 1 to it.

Are you ignoring me just because I'm a man? Should I feel discriminated and offended? Nevermind, you are not going to read this anyway. :noevil:

Lone_Wolfe
03-10-2011, 08:35
I clicked yes, but you have to be a paid member to join a social group.

There's a way around that somehow. There's a group called Glocktalk Drunk Squad that has a bunch of non-paying members that posts there.

sawgrass
03-10-2011, 08:37
Are you ignoring me just because I'm a man? Should I feel discriminated and offended? Nevermind, you are not going to read this anyway. :noevil:

I don't think it's because you're a man. Trust me, it's something else.

PATRICE
03-10-2011, 08:49

CitizenOfDreams
03-10-2011, 08:54
I don't think it's because you're a man. Trust me, it's something else.
OK, I think I get it. When a woman gets ignored in a hardware store, it's because she's a woman. When a man gets on ignore list for his post in Women's Issues, it's "something else". :wavey:

PATRICE
03-10-2011, 08:55

Lone_Wolfe
03-10-2011, 08:56
Hhmmm...I got the invite, but I didn't see any place to click yes....Maybe i need to make my CP-options less restrictive (i.e., maybe that's why I didn't see a place to click). Paid member....yeah, I'm not a paid member. I'm appreciative of the invitation though; I'll just keep hanging out in the Women's Subforum with the guys. [Darn, that last clause just gave me a shivver fit. :shocked:]--Patrice

See my post above, I want to get it opened up for all invited GT'ers just like Shake did when he created GTDS. BTW, if you ladies would send me the names of other GT'ers that you know are women I'd appreciate it. I'll never get them all just by myself.

ExxoticOne
03-10-2011, 09:56
OK, I think I get it. When a woman gets ignored in a hardware store, it's because she's a woman. When a man gets on ignore list for his post in Women's Issues, it's "something else". :wavey:

Well...I'm just kinda wondering why you came in here thinking you'd be safe? :rofl:

SouthernGal
03-10-2011, 11:09
It's a hell of a lot easier to keep a customer than to get new customers and that's something that seems easily forgotten by so many people.

At my old job, we had a poster on the wall that said simply:

CUSTOMER PERCEPTION IS REALITY.

Nothing could be closer to the truth. What a lot of these businesses fail to realize is that women talk a lot more than men do. You piss us off with your lack of interest in us or your sexist undertones and we won't just tell our friends, we'll tell everyone we see.

Again girls, I talk with my dollars. Piss me off and I won't be back and I'll tell everyone I know not to do business with you.

SouthernGal
03-10-2011, 11:12
Agree. Actually, that disappoints me to hear that about Memphis.

Born in Memphis, raised there a bit, then moved to Cleve., Oh.

Thought by now the South had, ah, ... evolved a bit.

I think you made the right call, though, FWIW.

:cool:

It would bear them well to remember that a true belle takes garbage off nobody. She'll tell you to kiss her behind with a nice smile on her face.

CitizenOfDreams
03-10-2011, 11:28
Well...I'm just kinda wondering why you came in here thinking you'd be safe? :rofl:
Same reason women come to a hardware store thinking they would be served? :tongueout:

ExxoticOne
03-10-2011, 11:36
Same reason women come to a hardware store thinking they would be served? :tongueout:

I have no complaints. Yet. :rofl: I'm sure I just jinxed myself.

Silent_Runner
03-10-2011, 11:57
Hhmmm....Sometimes they just don't get it. It'd be kind of funny, if it wasn't also so sad.--Patrice
And I suspect he never will.:rofl::rofl:

Lone_Wolfe
03-10-2011, 14:30
It would bear them well to remember that a true belle takes garbage off nobody. She'll tell you to kiss her behind with a nice smile on her face.

And make you feel lucky for the chance to do it. :supergrin:

sawgrass
03-10-2011, 15:07
And make you feel lucky for the chance to do it. :supergrin:

and then finish with 'well, bless his/your heart'.:rofl:

duncan
03-10-2011, 16:28

I hear you man!

We all have to grow a pair and deal with reality.

I have a friend who is a neurosurgeon who took me Porsche shopping while I was in law school. And we walked into the dealership in jeans and t-shirts and no one served us.

A dapper vin diesel looking brother and a smooth Italian guy. We walked over to the Mercedes dealer, he bought a sports coupe and we called the Porsche dealer and spoke to the owner about his problem salesperson.

That Porsche sales rep not only lost one doctor's business but about 20 other doctors and nurses at the hospitals he operates at.

Never judge on appearance - people in Seattle NEVER dress to their level so you never know who lives on the water:whistling:

Mrs. L.
03-10-2011, 17:50
I could still be annoyed-but consider the source- and go to the range and do some stress busting!
Thanks for your thoughts, Patrice!

Zonny
03-10-2011, 18:09
You ladies enjoying yourselves? :popcorn:

PATRICE
03-10-2011, 18:16

PATRICE
03-10-2011, 18:18

PATRICE
03-10-2011, 18:56

PATRICE
03-10-2011, 19:05

sawgrass
03-10-2011, 21:09
You ladies enjoying yourselves? :popcorn:

I think we got the OP's dollars worth out of this thread. We managed to cover
weight, race, gender and overall poor behavior in just a few pages.

Zonny, I had to file the inside of that shotgun to drop the stock. The two Beretta reps I talked to were complete asses. One hung up insisting I was doing something wrong. I'm very disappointed in Beretta's customer service.
I wondered if they would have been as dismissive to a male voice.
I love the gun and the wood is beautiful. I can't wait to try it again after making it fit me better.

Mrs. L.
03-10-2011, 21:16
:rofl:--Patrice

Well, I think I'll just stop here! :whistling:

PATRICE
03-11-2011, 06:52

sawgrass
03-11-2011, 07:49
Hhmmm....I am so sorry. Although, with your skills, I have no doubt that you'll get the right fit. Yeah, I wonder too....I wonder how some of the men of the GT Women's Subforum would excuse their Beretta brethren's behavior on this one....--Patrice

Patrice it comes back to how he made me feel, which was a lot of negativity
in several ways. The product is beautiful, but the service was very poor and makes me reluctant to return to Beretta. Like Southern Gal said, I made sure
I told one of my buddies who is a big Beretta fan, and he's helping spread the
word to the Beretta crowd.

But HEY! Today is the first day of Spring Break and we are off to the range!

sawgrass
03-11-2011, 20:38
Patrice check this out: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1327148

He gets a pass!:rofl::wavey:

PATRICE
03-11-2011, 21:47

ExxoticOne
03-12-2011, 07:19
:rofl:--Patrice

Really. I don't know why a man would even wander into this place. :dunno: I suppose if he had something to contribute it would be different but just to come in and stir the pot (already done, btw) is weird to me.

Lone_Wolfe
03-12-2011, 08:25
Hhmmm....Yes, I was inclined to agree upon my initial perusal of your link's content.....However, I still maintain that I think I would be a little sensitive about coming into a Women's subforum with a SN of a fictional movie chiller's hotel, in which a "psycho" murdered women guests.

What was he thinking when he picked that SN??? It would have been troubling to me to see that SN outside our little mixed-company Women's subforum, much more so on the inside [ :shower:]. I am disturbed that such a SN appears in this subforum. What does the holder of such a SN really think about women????

Yes, Mr. BATESMOTEL sounds like a nice man...although I think I remember that in the movie Norman Bates was a pretty mild-mannered character when he wasn't killing women. Again, it's just the SN; I find it disturbing.

Again, I think that the selection of such a SN reflects on the person who owns it. I mean does he admire Tony Perkins' character, Norman Bates??? --Patrice

I may be remembering this all wrong, but I thought he posted in one of those "What does your screen name mean?" threads that it was a sort of play on his own name. Like Bates is his last name or something like that.

I also remember him saying his avatar is a self-portrait.

Beware Owner
03-12-2011, 08:34
Hhmmm....Well, until such point that one such as yourself is treated like a princess in a" boy-o" store, I will not give pause for thought with re: to such conjecture. Until then, I will question such manly insight.

Do men really, really think that gender discrimination does not continue to occur--especially in those areas that were generally considered to be within the male purview? And please...when we complain about discrimination...don't pat us on the head and tell us that we're simply imagining things.--Patrice

No, you're perfectly right to observe and identify gender discrimination. However, as others have pointed out here, men see that ALL THE TIME, so it's not a plight particular to women nor unknown to us. Have you seen how a man is treated in an office full of women?

EDIT:
I just realized that I entered a women's subforum, great! Let's see how gender discrimination plays out here. :-p

PATRICE
03-12-2011, 08:41

ExxoticOne
03-12-2011, 09:17
Have you seen how a man is treated in an office full of women?

EDIT:
I just realized that I entered a women's subforum, great! Let's see how gender discrimination plays out here. :-p

It's dictated by the shemale dynamic...if they're all old, divorced and bitter the man is in trouble. If they're happy and relatively sane he'll just he treated like a breading object. :rofl:

PATRICE
03-12-2011, 09:18

Lone_Wolfe
03-12-2011, 09:30
No, you're perfectly right to observe and identify gender discrimination. However, as others have pointed out here, men see that ALL THE TIME, so it's not a plight particular to women nor unknown to us. Have you seen how a man is treated in an office full of women?

EDIT:

We'll be nice. Or at least I will be. :wavey:

BTW, did you leave a trail of bread crumbs out from GNG? :tongueout: :rofl:

Hhmmm....Well, that's the one thing that I considered which would make me feel a little bit better about him.

However, still...playing on his own name or not...doesn't this apparently genuinely-sensitive man realized how insensitive it makes him appear???

Did he think the wittiness of a playfully-cute SN would serve him in better stead than a more culturally sensitive (i.e., less-loaded) SN???--Patrice

Hmmmmmmmm, good question. As a non movie watcher I never thought of the name at all until you said what you did, since I didn't know of the reference. Maybe BM will come back and enlighten us, since it may be something completely different.

Ewwww, I just realized his initials are BM...... :rofl: :rofl:

ExxoticOne
03-12-2011, 09:37
If men behaved like this towards us out in the GNG lounge, they'd probably get an infraction.

Beware Owner
03-12-2011, 10:05
It's dictated by the shemale dynamic...if they're all old, divorced and bitter the man is in trouble. If they're happy and relatively sane he'll just he treated like a breading object. :rofl:

Da truf!

Hhhmmm...I at the moment, I don't particularly care what happens in the office, or in the greater society. At this moment, I only care about what's happening in this Women's Subforum, for the duration it takes for us to retreat into LW's women-only social redoubt.

Did you write this:

[B]Do men really, really think that gender discrimination does not continue to occur--especially in those areas that were generally considered to be within the male purview? And please...when we complain about discrimination...don't pat us on the head and tell us that we're simply imagining things.--Patrice

Looks like you do care what happens outside of this forum. And I also question the several posts that you edited out the content.

Truly, are you being dis-ingenuous in stating that you just realized that you had stumbled into a women's subforum?

It's actually not that difficult, you simply click on the New Posts hyperlink at the top and you'll see how easy it is.

At any rate, not all women are created equal. Some like to jump to conclusions, others leave the benefit of the doubt. It's obvious which one you are.

Are you fearful that a man would be treated here like he was treated in an office full of women

Not with LoneWolf :kiss: and ExxoticOne around! :tongueout:

However, time is growing short...and I have no desire to engage in repartee here in this faux-women's space. If you're a woman, we can talk on LW's sanctuary. Otherwise, we can talk in the greater GT-ream, at such time as I am comfortable.

However, for now I think I need to isolate you from my attention....Again, I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date; talk with you at a more opportune time on the other side...on 1 other-side or the other, but never in here.

Maybe you should practice restraint a little more frequently.

Generally speaking, I don't like gender discrimination, to one gender or the other. I have a mother, a sister, and two daughters that I wouldn't like ANY man to mistreat, as I wouldn't like them to mistreat any who doesn't deserve it, either. Maybe we can find a way where we can get rid of this.

Beware Owner
03-12-2011, 10:14
We'll be nice. Or at least I will be. :wavey:

That's because that's who YOU are as a person, baby! :hearts:

BTW, did you leave a trail of bread crumbs out from GNG? :tongueout: :rofl:

I don't even know which forum I frequent most, I just go to the New Posts and look into interesting subjects.

I haven't posted more on your thread because I don't want everybody to know how sappy I can get :supergrin:, but I keep watching and praying over you, princess. You don't know how happy it makes me to know you're well.

Lone_Wolfe
03-12-2011, 10:33
Are you fearful that a man would be treated here like he was treated in an office full of women?

Ooops, gotta go & get dressed. My spouse & I have to plow firebreks...jut got the word. bye.--Patrice.: shocked:

Not with LoneWolf : kiss: and ExxoticOne around! : tongueout:

Don't be so sure, you never know what we might decide to do to you.... :tbo: :tempted:

BTW, PATRICE, I hope the firebreaks keep you and yours out of danger. :wavey:

That's because that's who YOU are as a person, baby! :hearts:

I don't even know which forum I frequent most, I just go to the New Posts and look into interesting subjects.

I haven't posted more on your thread because I don't want everybody to know how sappy I can get : supergrin:, but I keep watching and praying over you, princess. You don't know how happy it makes me to know you're well.

You flatter me. :hearts: And I don't mind sappy, God knows I've done a lot of that in there. I really appreciate the watching over and praying, it's working. I wish it we working faster, but who wouldn't. :embarassed:

Beware Owner
03-12-2011, 10:43
Don't be so sure, you never know what we might decide to do to you.... :tbo: :tempted:

Oh, Wolfie, baby! :supergrin:

You flatter me. :hearts: And I don't mind sappy, God knows I've done a lot of that in there. I really appreciate the watching over and praying, it's working. I wish it we working faster, but who wouldn't. :embarassed:

With all seriousness, you've been on my mind, wishing you the best. People like you deserve the world, at least just the good things in it. You'll see that, just as you've made it this far, there is much more living to do, and you'll get to enjoy it all. :hugs:

Don't mean to derail your thread, Mrs. L.

StarfoxHowl
03-12-2011, 11:01
My wife and I have gone into stores so she could look at optics for birdwatching. My wife would be the one to ask the intial question and the sales person would always look at me and answer. I would just point to my wife, who was in a wheelchair and tell him "she's the one doing the buying, talk with her." If he kept talking to me, Stephie would shut up and we would talk with the manager about the salesperson's actions, then find another store to shop at.

It sucks, totally.

MrsKitty
03-12-2011, 13:30
Hhmmm....Yes, I was inclined to agree upon my initial perusal of your link's content.....However, I still maintain that I think I would be a little sensitive about coming into a Women's subforum with a SN of a fictional movie chiller's hotel, in which a "psycho" murdered women guests.

What was he thinking when he picked that SN??? It would have been troubling to me to see that SN outside our little mixed-company Women's subforum, much more so on the inside [ :shower:]. I am disturbed that such a SN appears in this subforum. What does the holder of such a SN really think about women????

Yes, Mr. BATESMOTEL sounds like a nice man...although I think I remember that in the movie Norman Bates was a pretty mild-mannered character when he wasn't killing women. Again, it's just the SN; I find it disturbing.

Again, I think that the selection of such a SN reflects on the person who owns it. I mean does he admire Tony Perkins' character, Norman Bates??? --Patrice

Actually, it was Norman Bates' own mother who turned him into the monster he was beginning with molesting him as a child then teaching him that all women were whores and sex is evil. Don't blame ol' Norman with everything...

Lighten up on BatesMotel. He's a good guy. His wife is a member here, too, but I cannot remember her SN now. His avatar is a self portrait and one of his loves is b/w film photography, as is mine.

MrsKitty
03-12-2011, 13:37

Oh. It's the *smile* I keep forgetting. :embarassed:

lethal tupperwa
03-12-2011, 14:20
and the Pearls that a real Belle wears are Real.

MrsKitty
03-12-2011, 17:56
and the Pearls that a real Belle wears are Real.

So black ones count? :rofl:

PATRICE
03-13-2011, 09:25

Lone_Wolfe
03-13-2011, 12:53
Oh, Wolfie, baby! :supergrin:

<evil grin> :tbo:

With all seriousness, you've been on my mind, wishing you the best. People like you deserve the world, at least just the good things in it. You'll see that, just as you've made it this far, there is much more living to do, and you'll get to enjoy it all. :hugs:

Don't mean to derail your thread, Mrs. L.

Thank you my friend, very much. :hugs:

CitizenOfDreams
03-13-2011, 15:07
:popcorn:

MrsKitty
03-13-2011, 18:37
As you wish, Mrs. Moderator.

You really shouldn't have went back and edited that several hours later...

PATRICE
03-13-2011, 20:59

SouthernGal
03-14-2011, 07:23
Oh. It's the *smile* I keep forgetting. :embarassed:

Never forget the smile part. That's like turning the knife! :whistling:

Silent_Runner
03-14-2011, 09:38
Yes, perhaps...but, in all deference to your position...it seemed indicated (abeit after some rather slow cogitation on my part...still tired from Friday; the firebreaks were adequate). We must respect our moderators. It's all that stands between us and absolute chaos within this internet realm. This is my last post in this thread; I'm afraid I have exhausted more...well, it's been a long thread for our little subforum. Me despido con su promisa, Duena Kitty.--Patrice :cool:
Why leave? This thread has some good points.

Beware Owner
03-15-2011, 08:28
Thank you my friend, very much. :hugs:

Any time, princess. :kiss:

Ladies, don't feel bad, we all go through that once in a while, and I guarantee you that not every man out there is the same. Yes, there are many men that need an attitude adjustment or two, as well as there are men who feel your pain, and, those of us who do, we're on your side.

windplex
03-15-2011, 08:49
I am a guy and it would burn my butt if I weren't taken seriously in a store. Here is my 2 cents.

Try and find a store with at least one female counter staff. Short of that find a store that respects you, your questions and your business. forget the rest.

MrsKitty
03-15-2011, 10:29
Yes, perhaps...but, in all deference to your position...it seemed indicated (abeit after some rather slow cogitation on my part...still tired from Friday; the firebreaks were adequate). We must respect our moderators. It's all that stands between us and absolute chaos within this internet realm. This is my last post in this thread; I'm afraid I have exhausted more...well, it's been a long thread for our little subforum. Me despido con su promisa, Duena Kitty.--Patrice :cool:

If this was your intent, you failed miserably as you came across as being a smart ass about it when you went back and edited.

Again, all I asked was for you to lighten up on BM. His SN is not worthy of such antics and he is a nice guy.

I didn't ask you as a moderator, if I had you would have gotten one of those little PMs with either the word "infraction" or "warning" in the title. I asked you as another poster who apparently knows him better than you do. :)

Lone_Wolfe
03-15-2011, 14:10
I am a guy and it would burn my butt if I weren't taken seriously in a store. Here is my 2 cents.

Try and find a store with at least one female counter staff. Short of that find a store that respects you, your questions and your business. forget the rest.

I know that's usually the best idea, but believe it or not I had that backfire before. There was a gun shop in Tuscon that I went to a few times, but the one woman that worked there treated me worse than the men did. After she blatantly ignored me in favor of a man that came in after me for the third time I called her out in front of everyone and told her that there were plenty of other stores that would take my money. Murphy's was probably the only gun store in Tucson that never sold me a gun and she was the reason.

Go figure....

PrincessCelica
03-15-2011, 14:16
I've only gone into one gun store to buy a gun--my first, a Glock 19. I went in knowing what I wanted. I asked the guy to look at it, and he plopped it down. No BS "Oh you don't want that, you want XXXX instead!!" When I checked out, he asked if I knew how to take it apart to clean it. When I didn't, he showed me. All in all, I had a good experience.

Now on the OTHER side of the counter, I've experienced quite a bit of discrimination. There are a LOT of male customers who assume I don't know what I'm talking about or understand what they're talking about just because I am a female. This is especially annoying when the customer is younger than I am... They never seem to understand that if I'm not sure, I'll say exactly that and ask someone who does know. But if I give you an answer, it's because I DO know the answer. I'm never sure how many actually notice that the answer I give is the same as the one Joe gives them 2 minutes later...

LilWolfess
03-15-2011, 18:40

Er...I don't think I have a gun store within 200 miles that has a lady behind the counter.

The respectful part is a little easier.

fnfalman
03-16-2011, 09:46
The only thing I can say is that for the women that felt margenalized by these knuckledragger business owners or sales reps...hell, sucker them!!!

Do the "Ooh, I'm just a lil' lady who don't know nuthin' about nuthin'." Then negotiate the pants off their asses.

ExxoticOne
03-16-2011, 09:53
Do the "Ooh, I'm just a lil' lady who don't know nuthin' about nuthin'." Then negotiate the pants off their asses.

EXACTOMUNDO! :banana: THAT is how to shop-the-sht out of people!

Mrs.Cicero
03-16-2011, 10:21
This thread was funny.

So... a woman walks into a hardware store and the man at the counter goes over and asks what he can help her find. Her husband had just treated her like an idiot over some dumb thing, and she assumes the guy in the store is doing the same and she goes off on him and leaves. Then another woman walks into the store, and the man at the counter figures he'll wait til she comes up and asks for whatever she wants, rather than risking another interaction like the one he just had with the last female customer. She assumes he's ignoring her to be rude, and goes off on him and leaves. Another woman walks into the hardware store walks up to the counter and tells him exactly what she wants. He looks at her funny, 'cause he's afraid she's going to act like the last two. She sees the look and assumes he thinks she doesn't know what she's talking about, and goes off on him and leaves. At his point he decides all women have snakes in their heads and he doesn't want to deal with any of them anymore, and all the women have decided the man at the counter is an a$& and don't want to shop at the hardware store anymore.

I quilt. The assumption made in nearly every fabric store I've ever been in is that the man is just there because he drove his wife. The women at the counters aren't trying to be rude when they ignore him, nor when they raise their eyebrows at some bizarre combination of fabric he's buying. I generally assume the same thing is going on in hardware stores and gunshops. And it doesn't bother me, because I can very politely say, "I need some help finding 'X', please." or "That's okay, I know where it is." or even "I'm just getting the stuff on the list, I'm not doing the job," if I need to put a stop to someone telling me how to do what I already know how to do. In gun shops, I don't mind being shown guns in addition to the one I'm interested in, unless I don't have time for that. Then I just said, "I'd love to look at others, but I don't have time today. X is the one I want. Could you ring it up?" No one has been insulted by that, and they have all rung up my purchase. If someone ever continued their sales pitch after that I would simply say, "Thanks anyway, goodbye" and go somewhere else.

As long as no one dies, it's been a good day, and none of this is worth getting angry over. It might be gender specific, but it isn't personal. I'm saving my anger up for the people who really deserve it.:wavey:

Mrs.Cicero

windplex
03-16-2011, 10:50
Er...I don't think I have a gun store within 200 miles that has a lady behind the counter.

The respectful part is a little easier.

A magazine for gun retailers touted a chain that uses women behind the counter. The store found that they listened better to customers and there were other benefits -- don't recall the entire article. I guess i was a little too optimistic. I haven't see any women behind the counters either -- high time some GT-women try and get some of these jobs. Can only help as the quality of help is not always stellar.

windplex
03-16-2011, 10:53
So a father and son are in a car accident. Both are injured and sent in separate ambulances to different hospitals.

The son is in operating room and the doctor comes in and says:

" I can't operate on him he is my son!"

How is this possible?:supergrin:

Mrs.Cicero
03-16-2011, 11:02
So a father and son are in a car accident. Both are injured and sent in separate ambulances to different hospitals.

The son is in operating room and the doctor comes in and says:

" I can't operate on him he is my son!"

How is this possible?:supergrin:

the doctor is his mother.:tongueout:

Mrs.Cicero

sawgrass
03-16-2011, 15:39

Mrs.Cicero

Good Call!:thumbsup:

windplex
03-16-2011, 15:44

Mrs.Cicero

Good Call!:thumbsup:

20 years ago that would stump people.

CitizenOfDreams
03-16-2011, 20:32

Mrs.Cicero

My first thought was "the doctor is his neighbor". :whistling:

sawgrass
03-16-2011, 20:54
My first thought was "the doctor is his neighbor". :whistling:

One can only wonder what you do for employment...:whistling:
You make me realize how important 'everyones' opinion is in this subforum.

That said, I have to say Patrice raises many valid points.

CitizenOfDreams
03-16-2011, 21:15
One can only wonder what you do for employment...:whistling:

Uhm... What do you think I do for employment, judging by my posts? :dunno:

You make me realize how important 'everyones' opinion is in this subforum.

Was that a compliment or an insult? :shocked:

Lone_Wolfe
03-17-2011, 01:57
Was that a compliment or an insult? :shocked:

Considering your other posts in here I can't imagine it's a compliment.

CitizenOfDreams
03-17-2011, 06:49

:sadangel:

MrsKitty
03-17-2011, 08:53
I bet she even remembered to smile as she said. this...

windplex
03-17-2011, 09:32
I know that's usually the best idea, but believe it or not I had that backfire before. There was a gun shop in Tuscon that I went to a few times, but the one woman that worked there treated me worse than the men did. After she blatantly ignored me in favor of a man that came in after me for the third time I called her out in front of everyone and told her that there were plenty of other stores that would take my money. Murphy's was probably the only gun store in Tucson that never sold me a gun and she was the reason.

Go figure....

Sad to hear a woman will not respect another woman.

Sad thing is many employees simply do not care about the loss of one customer since it is not their business. They do not see that one burned customer will tell ten and the story will be retold and harm the business. Who cares its not my business.

May I suggest speaking to the manager or owner if available. Find someone who should care. It takes more time and effort but is the only way to get anything changed, IMO.

I try to start with honest compliments -- if all you have is -- your store has a great selection or is convenient for me go with that. I would also let them know your military training and that you have a collection and purchase x per year and want to buy from his / her store if only they would serve you at the counter ...

SouthernGal
03-17-2011, 12:52
A magazine for gun retailers touted a chain that uses women behind the counter. The store found that they listened better to customers and there were other benefits -- don't recall the entire article. I guess i was a little too optimistic. I haven't see any women behind the counters either -- high time some GT-women try and get some of these jobs. Can only help as the quality of help is not always stellar.

Celica and I have this job. For me, it's only part time. It's very difficult for me to work a 40hour week AND a gun show all weekend long.

But, if you ask if I think our table gets more draw by females because I'm there, I'd certainly say yes.

windplex
03-17-2011, 13:00
Celica and I have this job. For me, it's only part time. It's very difficult for me to work a 40hour week AND a gun show all weekend long.

But, if you ask if I think our table gets more draw by females because I'm there, I'd certainly say yes.

Glad to hear it. I am sure you do get more traffic. Irt might initially be due to your gender and beauty, however from what I read and know about women (what little I know about women:)) your customers are better served than the average by a man. Women do listen better and are less likely to let egos get in the way in my experience. The article said that male customers were pleased with the service from female customers as it was superior to the males.

Lone_Wolfe
03-18-2011, 04:55
Sad to hear a woman will not respect another woman.

Sad thing is many employees simply do not care about the loss of one customer since it is not their business. They do not see that one burned customer will tell ten and the story will be retold and harm the business. Who cares its not my business.

May I suggest speaking to the manager or owner if available. Find someone who should care. It takes more time and effort but is the only way to get anything changed, IMO.

I try to start with honest compliments -- if all you have is -- your store has a great selection or is convenient for me go with that. I would also let them know your military training and that you have a collection and purchase x per year and want to buy from his / her store if only they would serve you at the counter ...

It's been a few years, so no, I won't be going to speak with any manager. For that matter, I can't imagine going in any gun store these days.

I handled it differently than you suggest, but I think I handled it well and got my point across.

Glock27NY
03-18-2011, 07:24
I treat men and women equally well. I try to answer all the questions as best as I possibly can and to be honest, I prefer women because they never try to come off as "know it all".

SouthernGal
03-19-2011, 11:20
The only thing I can say is that for the women that felt margenalized by these knuckledragger business owners or sales reps...hell, sucker them!!!

I feel pretty sure Celica & I are already getting the best "dealer" price.

agtman
03-19-2011, 18:50

Well, ... yes. See, I've got this young cousin, Leesa, who is just the Southen Belle you describe. Now lives in Virginia.

She's got the sweetest smile I've ever seen, polite to an extreme, and super cute (should have been an Ole Miss cheerleader, ... my opinion :shocked: ) ... but when challenged she can operate more like this gal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt9F2iyJLCw&feature=fvst

Yea, she's a black belt. So rudeness or pig-like behavior is probably not a good first opener for a guy. :whistling:

Silent_Runner
03-22-2011, 12:04
Well, ... yes. See, I've got this young cousin, Leesa, who is just the Southen Belle you describe. Now lives in Virginia.

She's got the sweetest smile I've ever seen, polite to an extreme, and super cute (should have been an Ole Miss cheerleader, ... my opinion :shocked: ) ... but when challenged she can operate more like this gal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt9F2iyJLCw&feature=fvst

Yea, she's a black belt. So rudeness or pig-like behavior is probably not a good first opener for a guy. :whistling:

It would be a great opening if he is into pain.:rofl:

Yellowfin
04-15-2011, 07:01
If you want to see gender discrimination, try working in sales. If you're a lady, you're regarded as a helpful, sweet person they want to talk to, whereas if you're a man, particularly in your late 20's to 30's, you're instantly treated as a hostile and brushed off as quickly as possible because nobody trusts salesMEN. I got out of pro photography for the same reason: a lady you don't know with a camera setup is a photographer for your party, a man you don't know with a camera setup is a creep you don't talk to.

SpitFyRRe
04-15-2011, 14:46
I had a big long response typed in but my kitten, who just got declawed and is higher than a kite right now on pain meds, seems to think it's fun to bite at my Mac, attack anything that moves on the screen and lay across my keyboard so my response got deleted and I'm not in the mood to retype it.

I've had it where I get guys who pay too much attention to me, won't give me the time of day, or would rather talk to my boyfriend even though I'm the one asking the questions as well as women who are more than happy to help but more often than not, I get the women who won't help me because they think I'm a bimbo who doesn't know what's going on. My last gun purchase started as a nightmare from the guy who gave me way too much attention, I left and bought the same gun from another store where the guy was more than happy to help and I have since bought all of my accessories and ammunition from his store because I don't get that type of treatment a lot. 9 times out of 10, I get the creeps though.

MrsKitty
04-15-2011, 21:41
I had a big long response typed in but my kitten, who just got declawed and is higher than a kite right now on pain meds, seems to think it's fun to bite at my Mac, attack anything that moves on the screen and lay across my keyboard so my response got deleted and I'm not in the mood to retype it.

So she's being a typical kitten although stoned at the moment? :rofl: :rofl:

SpitFyRRe
04-16-2011, 06:23
So she's being a typical kitten although stoned at the moment? :rofl: :rofl:

Something like that, haha. She's normally kind of a sweetie but has spurts of being evil, which I assume is due to her being a kitten. She's been prescribed bupenorphine, which is suboxone, which is given to heroine addicts to treat withdrawals. It's funny because we'll be hanging out on the couch watching tv and she'll all of a sudden be looking around like her heads on a swivel stick and following something around that I can't see.

Lone_Wolfe
04-16-2011, 06:47
Something like that, haha. She's normally kind of a sweetie but has spurts of being evil, which I assume is due to her being a kitten. She's been prescribed bupenorphine, which is suboxone, which is given to heroine addicts to treat withdrawals. It's funny because we'll be hanging out on the couch watching tv and she'll all of a sudden be looking around like her heads on a swivel stick and following something around that I can't see.

Drag a piece of string past her when she does like that and watch the fun begin. :supergrin: