Who runs a Crimson Trace on their Glock. Debating if I should get another. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Who runs a Crimson Trace on their Glock. Debating if I should get another.

alfred10
03-05-2011, 07:07
I have a Crimson Trace on my glock 26. The pin that keeps it on the gun comes out after 12 rounds and I have to push it back in. Have they fixed this?

I now carry a Glock 30 all the time. I am thinking that I could get a crimson trace and shoot with the batteries out. I shoot slower when I look for the laser so I was thinking I could shoot with just the sights and keep the laser for the street. It seems like a laser on the street would be quicker, allow for shooting from behind cover without having to be behind your sights, and hit things like quick moving and attacking dogs.

At what distance do you sight in your crimson trace laser? Do they still break if you drop the gun on the floor?

MrV
03-05-2011, 07:31
I have had a CT Laserguard on my G36 (selling it now) and I loved the thing. It was dead accurate from 7-25 yards, at least that is the distance that I calibrated it too. I've never dropped my gun with the CT installed so I couldn't tell you about the durability. It seems rather solid and flush though, I am impressed by the quality and the ease of use.

dudel
03-05-2011, 08:36
I have a CT on my G26, and haven't had any problem with the supplied (longer) pin. The CT went on over a year ago, gets used regularly, and no problems.

eazyrhino
03-05-2011, 09:26
I thinking about getting one for my g26. I have one for my Beretta model 21 bobcat and I really like it because the sights are too small to really use. The thing is the laser cost almost as much as the bobcat(great combo though).

BuckyP
03-05-2011, 10:01
I have CTCs for my G30. I've taken them on and off numerous times, and I've never had issues with the pin backing out. As much as I like them, they just make the grip too fat for my hand, so they are off the gun at the moment. I'm hoping some day we'll see a GEN 4 G30 with a CTC replaceable backstrap (similar to what they do for the M&Ps)

swinokur
03-06-2011, 08:38
I have them on my G30. No pin issues. Grip feels fine to me. I can keep the laser off while shooting at the range by just relaxing my grip slightly. Squeeze tighter to activate

I'd get them for my G29SF if they made them.

rangerabn
03-06-2011, 10:15
Got them on G17, G31, and G32. No problems whatsoever. Love 'em.