Getting off the "X" and into trouble [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Getting off the "X" and into trouble

vetmedglock30
03-05-2011, 10:15
I understand the reasoning for getting off the X in a gun fight. If cover (best) or concealment (better than nothing) is available we should more towards it as we deal with the threat in front of us. However, after reviewing many caught on camera shootings, I have become concerned. Most participants in gun fights between 10-20 feet look to be spraying and praying. Assuming that the combatants in a gunfight are not placing well aimed shots, is there a possibility of moving from the X to a point of bullet impact? Assuming no cover is available and my adversary can not shoot straight is the X a safer spot? I know that I shoot better standing still.

Mas Ayoob
03-05-2011, 20:55
Topic remains under debate, with strong arguments on either side. Lateral movement makes you harder to hit, but also makes it harder to get a center hit on the other guy. Standing still improves your hit potential, but also his.

Often, the situation will dictate: i.e., nowhere for the shooter to move. Best to know how to do both and be ready for whatever the situation demands. However, basing a strategy on the presumption that the opponent can't shoot is never a good idea.

Best,
Mas

vetmedglock30
03-06-2011, 11:27
Thank You