Installing night sights on CZ 75D PCR [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Installing night sights on CZ 75D PCR

jack76590
03-05-2011, 16:01
Just purchased CZ 75D PCR compact. Thinking of installing night sights. Was wondering if anyone has done and looking for tips, how hard to do, tools needed, etc.

What really concerns me is front sight. Have to remove roll pin, which should be no problems. CZ custom has punches and replacement pins. But concern is drilling hole in replacement front sight while it is in slide. Don't want to cut into slide. CZ custom does have correct size drill.

Anyhow, has anyone done sight replacement and what was it like. Thanks.

Trey83
03-05-2011, 16:51
I am curious about this as well. CZ Custom charges $145 to supply and install Meprolights. I can find the Meprolights for $80 elsewhere but I don't if I'd want to take the risk.

jack76590
03-05-2011, 18:27
I am curious about this as well. CZ Custom charges $145 to supply and install Meprolights. I can find the Meprolights for $80 elsewhere but I don't if I'd want to take the risk.

And I suspect postage both ways are added to price. Maybe could just sent slide so not high priced overnight shipping.

Below is link to Czcustom.com directions on do it your self installation. I gather they are talking about using hand drill not drill press. My fear is cutting into/enlarging hole in slide.

I suspect most likely to cut into slide/enlarge hole in slide when drill breaks thru sight. So I might try to only drill hole in sight part way while in slide and finish hole in sight with sight outside slide.

If sight hole close, but not right on center, should be able to enlarge hole with small file. Pin would hold in slide and you could fill up inside of sight with red loctite. After all Ashley fits their rear sights very loose and tends on red loctite to fit up gap. And having used their sights believe me red loctite fills up gap.

In short if don't enlarge hole in slide, but end up with somewhat enlarged hole in sight, then red loctite may save the day.

http://czcustom.com/cz-factory-sights.aspx

Wade-19
03-05-2011, 19:17
I put the front sight only on my PCR. Was not hard to do at all. I have no clue about the rear though .

jack76590
03-05-2011, 19:37
I put the front sight only on my PCR. Was not hard to do at all. I have no clue about the rear though .

How did you do it? I understand that you have to drill a hole in the new front sight, which is my particular concern.

Also what type of front sight - night sight? I would like to find a separate front night sight that would work with existing rear sight, but I can not find one.

Wade-19
03-05-2011, 19:42
Czcustom sells a font Trijicon sight that is the correct hieght for the factory rear. Just punch out the stock pin, slide the old sight out the front, slide the new sight in, run the drill through the pin hole in the slide, replace pin. See ? Very easy !

Wade-19
03-05-2011, 19:44
Also, your not really drilling a hole through the sight, you are making a half circle in the bottom of it. You will see when you take the factory sight off .

jack76590
03-05-2011, 22:04
Also, your not really drilling a hole through the sight, you are making a half circle in the bottom of it. You will see when you take the factory sight off .

I found this, but the picture is all wrong. Not only showing front sight but also rear, when says front sight only. Plus front sight in picture is dovetailed, not pinned.

Is this what you were referring to, only incorrect picture. Thanks.

http://czcustom.com/cz75_trijicon_front_sight.aspx

What did you use to drill hole? - I do not have access to drill press but have regular cordless drill and dermel tool. Any problem avoiding cutting into slide?

Wade-19
03-05-2011, 22:09
Yep that is it.
Edit to add: I just used a cordless drill .