Report says too many whites, men leading military [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Report says too many whites, men leading military

GlockerMike
03-07-2011, 12:50
link only

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MILITARY_DIVERSITY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-03-07-14-13-24

fnfalman
03-07-2011, 12:51
I think that minorities and women are capable of being ineffective leaders just as much as the current white male top brasses.

A6Gator
03-07-2011, 12:52
You're right, look at Mullen and Gates.

Lethaltxn
03-07-2011, 12:55
Oh the horror! :whistling:

Glock20 10mm
03-07-2011, 13:00
And Nero continues to play...

JBnTX
03-07-2011, 13:02
:shame: Responding will get me banned.:steamed:

DaGroaner
03-07-2011, 13:10
In that case, we should all do our part to make Allen West the Commander in Chief. :patriot:

Bilbo Bagins
03-07-2011, 13:10
And check it out the 1st and 2nd in command are both white guys.

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu131/KevlarPaperclip/double-facepalm.jpg

JohnBT
03-07-2011, 13:44
"the report says that 77 percent of senior officers in the active duty military are white"

Do we need more than 77% to reflect the U.S. population numbers?

"White persons, percent, 2009 (a) 79.6% "

G33
03-07-2011, 13:57
How about all muslim officers?
:supergrin:

raven11
03-07-2011, 13:57
its a volunteer military, maybe the agitators can put their money where their mouth is and volunteer

on the same note it is sad to hear people still judge others on race , I've served under NCO's and officers of various ethnicities , and i've never judged anyones leadership ability on their race or gender

expatman
03-07-2011, 14:06
Tagged

This is going to be fun to watch.

CBDAVIS
03-07-2011, 14:09
I learned in economics that bad money will drive good money out of circulation.

I'm sure that that works for other things, too.

TSAX
03-07-2011, 14:09
:shame: Responding will get me banned.:steamed:

:faint:

In the same boat as you

GlockerMike
03-07-2011, 14:21
And Nero continues to play...
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/images/2008/05/14/suicidesamedited.jpg\

RustyShackelford
03-07-2011, 14:32
In that case, we should all do our part to make Allen West the Commander in Chief. :patriot:

I'd rather see TV's Adam West as the No. 1.

http://funtarded.com/pics/image/2098.gif

faawrenchbndr
03-07-2011, 14:43
This report is utter BS & racially aggravating! :rant:

I spent 20 years, 51 days in the Military, I've known about 40 Officers that were
a minority or female.
The numbers are being manipulated because of the high number of "whites" in the military.

If there had been a "poor white boy college fund" I would have went to college & not the military at 17 years old.

Peace Frog
03-07-2011, 15:03
I don't have a problem with any race of man being in authority over our men and women in the military.But I do have a problem with women leading our men in the military.Its a religion thing...flame away. :whistling::crying:
:wavey:

1 Timothy 2:12
12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

WmHBonney
03-07-2011, 15:16
:faint:

In the same boat as you

3 of us in the same boat.:supergrin:

Eurodriver
03-07-2011, 15:23
I look around and saw our grunt battalions and they are overwhelmingly (90%+) white.

I would say that many number signed up as contract 0300's as well.

Why don't minorities ever volunteer for combat units?

Glock20 10mm
03-07-2011, 15:24
This report is utter BS & racially aggravating! :rant:

I spent 20 years, 51 days in the Military, I've known about 40 Officers that were
a minority or female.
The numbers are being manipulated because of the high number of "whites" in the military.

If there had been a "poor white boy college fund" I would have went to college & not the military at 17 years old.

You too... :wavey:

TSAX
03-07-2011, 15:27
And check it out the 1st and 2nd in command are both white guys.

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu131/KevlarPaperclip/double-facepalm.jpg

:rofl:, We need this as a smiley icon option or the Homer, Duh

mikeflys1
03-07-2011, 16:27
Not a whole lot of minorities in special forces units either...I wonder why that is. :whistling:

El_Ron1
03-07-2011, 16:32
http://neef2606.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/clintons_hippies.jpg

mtnglide
03-07-2011, 16:37
"Promotion and job opportunities have favored those with battlefield leadership credentials."

Well Hello!!!!!

razageorge
03-07-2011, 16:46
Being a minority in the Military here's my opinion: Good! I hope it stays that way!

Blacks are too righteous in the Military and will always self promote their own when the chance arises.

Hispanics are far and few in between in the Officer ranks to make a difference.

Whites have a lot of white guilt so they are the fairest of them all.

As a former Army recruiter I can tell you that minorities come in for the "Whats in it for me" aspect of the job while a lot of Whites choose service to country as a big motivator.

I have always been treated the fairest by whites in the Military than by minorities.

Carrys
03-07-2011, 16:46
That boat is getting kind of full.

skorper
03-07-2011, 17:12

This.

Lethaltxn
03-07-2011, 17:15
"Promotion and job opportunities have favored those with battlefield leadership credentials."

Well Hello!!!!!

Yeah, they act as if it's a bad thing that battle experience is a large contributor. Liberals, "Hey let's make everything fair everyone. Johnny doesn't have any experience but it isn't fair that he doesn't get a chance to be in charge."

Being a minority in the Military here's my opinion: Good! I hope it stays that way!

Blacks are too righteous in the Military and will always self promote their own when the chance arises.

As a former Army recruiter I can tell you that minorities come in for the "Whats in it for me" aspect of the job while a lot of Whites choose service to country as a big motivator.

I have always been treated the fairest by whites in the Military than by minorities.

As bad as it sounds this is actually fairly accurate.

kenpoprofessor
03-07-2011, 17:23

:shocked::shocked:

I would have never, ever, thought I'd see you post something like that. You earned some serious respect points for that post.

ETA: I've never suffered from "white guilt", I hate all races and ethnicities the same.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

RedTop
03-07-2011, 17:31
You earned some serious respect points for that post

Yes he did. Funny how the truth works.

Peace Frog
03-07-2011, 19:05
Not a whole lot of minorities in special forces units either...I wonder why that is. :whistling:

I could post why that is but I'd be banned in a New York minute.

Peace Frog
03-07-2011, 19:07

The Machinist
03-07-2011, 19:13
Feminist nazis and race-baiters need to put their big girl panties on, and realize that life just sucks sometimes. Liberalism is the worst thing that ever happened to mankind.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/picard_facepalm.jpg

Retseh
03-07-2011, 19:56
Pity that so many people are afraid to post their real opinions, if they are based on first hand experience in the military I for one would like to hear them.

NMG26
03-07-2011, 20:06
The Commander in Chief is a step in the right direction!

faawrenchbndr
03-07-2011, 20:13
The Commander in Chief is a step in the right direction!

Nope,........he's never served a day in his life!
Hell,......not even SURE he's even a citizen!

SheepleNoMore
03-07-2011, 20:21
Between 1984 to 1987, a special composite crew of all female airlifters was assembled and flew to England to meet the Queen. They made the tour through several countries.

Before I retired, women were being accelerated up through the ranks by the use of several advantageous management and supervisor actions. Counseling, advantageous job assignment, and generous duty time for studying.

SGT HATRED
03-07-2011, 20:28
Taged

Brucev
03-07-2011, 20:38
Not to worry. The squatter in the white house is working hard to see to it that the armed services are properly staffed with plenty of the right sorts of people... the ones everyone can count on... the ones who can really get the job done.

Chevytruckin98
03-07-2011, 20:46
I look around and saw our grunt battalions and they are overwhelmingly (90%+) white.

I would say that many number signed up as contract 0300's as well.

Why don't minorities ever volunteer for combat units?

I am positive you are an East Coast Marine. If you have ever been to Pendleton...you would not be saying that.

U.S.M.C. Uncle Sam's Mexican Connection

Markasaurus
03-07-2011, 21:06
What a crock.
These same "white guys" are the skilled and extremely competent ones that crushed Saddam's military in two wars with incredibly low American casualties. Yet the morons doing this "study" think the military needs to be more "diverse".

I guess all the lessons of history have been completely lost on anyone under 50. There was another group of ALL WHITE guys that conquered Western Europe and half of Russia, and crushed every enemy in their path with ridiculous ease, for quite some time. You know who they were - THE GERMANS. Talk multi-culturism all you want, there's no arguing with results, although it's possible to completely ignore it (as the idiots doing this study are doing.)

Study the history of "multi-cultural" armies - disasters all of them. Rome fell when the Romans began granting citizenship, and officer posts in the army, to thousands of non-Romans. After that it was just a matter of time, since these "new romans" whether soldier or civilian, gave their primary allegiance to their tribe and their first culture - not to Rome.

We are the new Roman empire, and our downfall is not going to take nearly as long as theirs did. I give this country 100 to 200 years longer as a major power at most. We're already well on our way to third-world status, perhaps because we are being led by people who are essentially THIRD-WORLDERS.

Buriedbreathing
03-07-2011, 21:22
Have a look at Detroit. I hate that commercial with the 200 whatever. What a peice of s**t. This is what we have become.

The Machinist
03-07-2011, 22:39
I give this country 100 to 200 years longer as a major power at most.
Thats very generous. I'd say we have several decades at the most. This house of cards is so top-heavy, and the severity of the decline is, in my estimation, increasing at an exponential rate. I agree with you, that our fall will be faster than Rome's. I think it'll be quite sudden in comparison. Rome lasted for what? 700 years? We're not even going to last 300. With the huge population, the wealth, and the technology, we've burned quickly, like a very bright star.

shellster
03-11-2011, 20:53
Forgive my ignorance, lefties, but I was always under the opinion that the goal of the military was to form a homogeneous fighting force; to think and fight as a "unit". Also, to be the most effective fighting unit possible.

This would seem to be the opposite of recognizing diversity and promoting because of diversity reasons.

RetDet
07-05-2011, 18:14
Markasaurus, before you run your mouth about the efficacy of racially pure armies, you should probably learn a bit about the Tuskegee Airmen and the 442 in WWII (most highly decorated unit in the war), and about the so-called Buffalo Soldiers.

You sound to me like an American Nazi who is woefully ignorant regarding military history but needs to babble anyway. Go buy a history book, hoss.