An old .22 need opinions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : An old .22 need opinions

Chaos88
03-07-2011, 14:29
This is an old Ted Williams semi auto .22 sold be sears in i think the 70s-80s that was my fathers and i got it with his passing. Now i know its not worth much or even exciting to shoot but it has sentimatial value to me. it is basically the same as a Winchester model 160 if iam not mistaken. Now this thing has not cycled properly since the day i got it, now my father not being a gun guy never did maintnance on it that i know of but last time i saw it fired it cycled fine. I pulled it apart and cleand the hell out of it every part i could think that might effect the cycling. Elevator,trigger assembly recoil bits and peices and still it fires the first round ejects the casing gets the elevator up with a fresh round but seizes at the point where the sliding block should be catching the new round and pushing it up the ramp into the chamer. i can smack the charging handle and it will go into battery but next round has the same idea.

Ant ideas? thanks

Alcoy
03-07-2011, 14:40
my 2 cents, try replacing recoil spring.

mike4570
03-08-2011, 12:10
I had the same kind of problem with lead bullets. A switch to copper washed bullets did the trick.

Chaos88
03-08-2011, 16:58
Thanks for the imput guys, ill try the bullets first as the recoil spring seems to have plenty of energy but I also donot know how strong the spring was 30years ago. Plus I have had a hell of a time finding the spring for sale.