question about sig hammers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : question about sig hammers

srice425
03-07-2011, 21:36
i just bought my first sig. a p229r. i have a glock 23, 27 and a kahr pm9.

with the sig being the first gun w/ an external hammer fired action, i have a question about it. i have heard that the sig guns are extremely reliable, so forgive me if it sounds stupid...

if debris such as mud, sand, foreign object, etc gets into the hammer area. can it fail to fire? i was just wondering about the reliablility of having an hammer fired vs a striker fire... whatever term you like to use for it.

The Retired Sarge
03-08-2011, 07:53
SIG Sauer pistols are battle proven the world over from the British SAS to the US Navy SEALS. They pass torture tests very well in military/LE trials. I would not worry about it. You would intentionally have to stuff the hammer area to get it not to work. Bill

Cobra64
03-10-2011, 00:45
i just bought my first sig. a p229r. i have a glock 23, 27 and a kahr pm9.

with the sig being the first gun w/ an external hammer fired action, i have a question about it. i have heard that the sig guns are extremely reliable, so forgive me if it sounds stupid...

if debris such as mud, sand, foreign object, etc gets into the hammer area. can it fail to fire? i was just wondering about the reliablility of having an hammer fired vs a striker fire... whatever term you like to use for it.

What did combat troops carry prior to 1985?

Cobra64
03-10-2011, 00:47
SIG Sauer pistols are battle proven the world over from the British SAS to the US Navy SEALS. They pass torture tests very well in military/LE trials. I would not worry about it. You would intentionally have to stuff the hammer area to get it not to work. Bill

Yeah, and what would these guys be carrying in combat for the last 100 years in freezing snow in Europe, deserts of North Africa and the jungles in the Far East...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Weapons/2002086301.jpg

if it weren't for the 1911; the first viable semi-automatic combat weapon.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Weapons/1911/M1911-M1911A1.jpg

silversport
03-10-2011, 05:53
and THAT too is battle proven tough...
Bill