Best Night Sights For Glock? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best Night Sights For Glock?

Restless28
03-08-2011, 08:46
I'm thinking about ordering another Glock, possibly a 19.

I want night sights. I want the best sights for the buck.

Joshhtn
03-08-2011, 08:49
I'm a huge fan of XS Big Dots.

SkippyThe
03-08-2011, 08:52
Ditto on the XS sights. I love them. But what it comes down to is what sight picture you like the best. ST

redbaron007
03-08-2011, 08:54
I have Glock night sights on one and Trijicon on another. I like them both. However, I have shot several Glocks that have Ameriglo, Big Dot and other different manufactures. I am thinking of the Ameriglo TFO for my soon coming G20; I like the fiber optics in the day and dawn period.

IMO, its a trial and error, kind of like holsters; one may fit/feel good to 10 people but to you it may be too much. If you know wome folks that have the different sights, I owuld encourage you to check them out during different times during the day, dusk and night.

A lot depends on your eyes.

Good Luck!

:wavey:

red

rsxr22
03-08-2011, 08:55
Lots of good sight setups. I set all my guns up with a black rear and front FO or NS. If you like the 3 dot setup, i would recommend getting contrasting colors, so you dont get things confused when pulling up in low light or no light. The XS sight looks very promising even though ive never used one. Also, Ameriglo's new sight's their putting on the EXO glocks is very nice. It is a big red dot up front w/ tritium insert, and a single tritium dot in the rear

BWT
03-08-2011, 09:04
Save your money, go with the Glock. We have those on the issue pistols and the do ever bit as good as the set I have on my own M30SF for twice the price.

Glock4President
03-08-2011, 11:48
Go with the glock night sites. They rock, and they are usually the cheapest. They are tennifer treated and offer the best warranty around.

Proc
03-08-2011, 12:31
I like the Heinie straight eights personally i find them to work the best for my needs.

glockvit
03-08-2011, 12:32
Trijicon or Glock are my choice.

Glockpimp
03-08-2011, 12:33
i have had both Trijicons and Glock OEM's and never had a problem with either. the Trijicons seem to be a bit brighter, but that's about it. i'm going to pick up a set of these (http://www.skdtac.com/Warren_Tactical_Sight_Sevigny_Carry_Tritium_2_p/wrt.201.htm) very soon.

turbo54
03-08-2011, 12:36
I have a set of true dots on my PM9 and they are HANDS DOWN the brightest and best night sights I've seen. I love them, and want the rest if my pistols to have them!

MajesticLT03
03-08-2011, 13:07
I have Meps on mine and they are very bright :wavey:

ColdBlooded
03-08-2011, 13:11
If Trijicon's were the same price as Glock night sights, I would go with Trijicon's. But they are not, so I go with Glock night sights. Many will argue that you should not "cheap out" on something that might save your life, but Glock night sights do the job. I simply prefer Trijis for the range.

Sherlock Glock
03-08-2011, 13:15
TFO Trueglo :wavey:

madAB
03-08-2011, 13:20
I just got a set of Ameriglo I dots with the orange outlined front and I'm liking them.

Gperfection
03-08-2011, 13:28
My vote:Glock Night Sights. I've installed Mepro's, Trijicon, Xpress, Novak's, Glock and others. Out of them all, the Glocks are cheapest and I like the fact the front sight fits the oval hole in the slide with no play in it. Many of the others require the installer to make sure the front sight is lined up (straight) on the slide when tightened. Why not just make it fit right like Glock does? Plus, the rear sight fits the dovetail perfectly too.

GRT45
03-08-2011, 13:44
I just got a set of Ameriglo I dots with the orange outlined front and I'm liking them.

+1 for AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro

I prefer the AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro set with the Hackathorn (Hack) front sight and wide U-notch rear sight with a single, yellow tritium dot. The Hack front sight is a Trijicon green tritium tube with an orange outline. I have the AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro green/yellow set (GL-204) on my G30SF .45ACP pistol. The product model is GL-202 for the G19 9mm. A photo link is provided below (zoom with click, warning: big file for dial-up speed):

http://www.ameriglo.net/sites/defaul...low%20copy.jpg (http://www.ameriglo.net/sites/defaul...low%20copy.jpg)

AmeriGlo offers a green/green version too (GL-201 for G19, GL-203 for G30).

The yellow tritium at the rear sight is definitely not as bright as the green, but that's a characteristic I prefer. Under conditions of near total darkness and heightened anxiety, I feel the brighter green tritium focuses attention on the front sight and can't be confused with the rear sight as it might if both were green dots of nearly equal brightness.

I also much prefer a two-dot night sight configuration over a three dot system (two at rear). I believe a three dot system is more distracting, slower to get aligned on target and more prone to confuse the shooter in near total darkness. It's just my opinion and a personal preference. Some shooters like a tritium front sight only with a plain black rear sight, but I prefer something on the rear sight to index front and rear in total darkness just in case it's needed.

The orange outline on the Hack front sight really stands out in daylight. The bright front sight and wide notch on the rear sight make for very fast target acquisition in normal indoor and outdoor light. The orange color on the front sight is painted on, but it's claimed to be very durable. Even so, I avoid exposing it to harsh cleaning solvents to be on the safe side.

Some shooters prefer the Meprolight tritium tubes or TruGlo TFO sights because brightness is their top priority. To suit my eyesight, the characteristic I look for is a sharp, well-defined dot and Trijicons excel in that category whereas the Meprolights are more a glowing orb in appearance. Read the post from GT member RayB about TruGlo TFO issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16931765#post16931765) before making a decision to go with them. RayB has written an excellent summary of various brands of night sights (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16919186&postcount=22) that every prospective buyer should read to learn more about them.

AmeriGlo offers a 10% discount using Promo Code: GLOCKTALK

striker6126
03-08-2011, 16:00
I just put xs big dots on my third glock. I like them so much I became a dealer .

eastx
03-08-2011, 16:08
I got Tru GLos on my 19, not the TFO, just the TRU GLO nite sites, they are super bright

TSAX
03-08-2011, 16:36
http://www.xssights.com/sightimages.html

http://www.xssights.com/pix/sightimages.gif

:50cal:

rick458
03-09-2011, 05:38
I very much like my Tru Glo TFOs on my EDC bright in daylight and Bright at night, The best of both worlds

Braden
03-09-2011, 12:23
I know I've said this in about 20 different threads now, but I run XS Big Dots on all my Glocks and really like them. In the past I've had Trijicon, Meprolight, Glock and Ameriglo and I liked all of those too, but for me the sight picture of the XS Big Dots is superior.

On Saturday my wife and I were shooting with some friends and I showed the husband the Big Dots on my 19. He had a three dot night sight on his XD. His response was, "Wow...I think I have sight envy." He's not the first person that has shot my guns that liked the Big Dots and I doubt he'll be the last.

Shawn1
03-10-2011, 00:10
I have TruGlo TFO's on two of my glocks. Bright day or night.

rick458
03-10-2011, 08:26
I know I've said this in about 20 different threads now, but I run XS Big Dots on all my Glocks and really like them. In the past I've had Trijicon, Meprolight, Glock and Ameriglo and I liked all of those too, but for me the sight picture of the XS Big Dots is superior.

On Saturday my wife and I were shooting with some friends and I showed the husband the Big Dots on my 19. He had a three dot night sight on his XD. His response was, "Wow...I think I have sight envy." He's not the first person that has shot my guns that liked the Big Dots and I doubt he'll be the last.
I will need to try some of those If I pick up a G-30sf I will try a set

RMD
03-10-2011, 09:14

For SD, hard to beat XS Big Dots.

I really dig the green/yellow Meps, too.

Restless28
03-10-2011, 12:06
Went with TFOs.

HAMMERHEAD
03-10-2011, 12:54
Disregard

gh0st614
03-10-2011, 13:10
Went with TFOs.

You didnt read that post by RayB did you? I would conclude you did the opposite of your goal.

TFOs are garbarge and they are at least as expensive as other tritium night nights if not more.

I bought my sights with the same goal I must have just based it off different criteria.

rick458
03-10-2011, 14:49
Mine certainly aren't garbage
And he didn't even review them

pens-66
03-11-2011, 09:56
You didnt read that post by RayB did you? I would conclude you did the opposite of your goal.

TFOs are garbarge and they are at least as expensive as other tritium night nights if not more.

I bought my sights with the same goal I must have just based it off different criteria.

I've had the TFOs on at least 6 Glocks and I know at least 5 or 6 others I shoot with that have them and have seen ZERO problems with any of them. Have you tried them personally to come to the conclusion that they are garbage? I personally have had plenty of experience with them and have nothing to say but that they are a great choice!

gh0st614
03-11-2011, 13:18
I've had the TFOs on at least 6 Glocks and I know at least 5 or 6 others I shoot with that have them and have seen ZERO problems with any of them. Have you tried them personally to come to the conclusion that they are garbage? I personally have had plenty of experience with them and have nothing to say but that they are a great choice!

Yea I owned a pair and I will admit I loved them at first, but after like 4 months the honeymoon was over. I ended up getting a front sight repaired/replaced for free surprisngly (90 day warranty was over for sure) whatever they did then sold the gun I had them on. I had used FO front sights previously and really enjoyed them and never had to replace a tube. I dont know if its just a FO problem in general or a TFO issue.

I dont do any gun gaming just range and hd. TFOs are a great idea and hopefully with technology they will get that front sight shorter and more durable.

whitebread
03-11-2011, 13:23
I have the Glock ones on all my Glocks. I figure if Glock is willing to put their name on them they must be up to their standards. That is good enough for me.

fifty2you
03-11-2011, 13:24
I'm a huge fan of XS Big Dots.

:wavey: this ^^^^^^^^^

dreis454
03-11-2011, 13:28
these look interesting....http://www.suresight.com/

Mr.357Sig
03-11-2011, 13:29
I like Heinie sights. They were the sights recommended to me by several LEO gun range officers when I took an advanced combat pistol class in '09. According to the Heinie website, all of Heinie's Glock sight sets now have a Melonite finish, which helps make them more resistant to rust and wear.
http://www.heinie.com/images/pixel_trans.gif

R0CKETMAN
03-11-2011, 16:14
I own seven Glocks. Mepro Tru dot on one, Trijicons on four, and Warren Tacticals on two.

By far my favorites are the ones by Scott Warren. With a huge "U" .150 wide rear notch and a single dimmer yellow up front. You have one of the fastest low light acquisition sights produced.

http://mle-shootingsports.com/Sights-/-Tools-Warren-Tactical/c7_28/p88/WTS-Sevigny-Carry-Sets-Glock/product_info.html

ceca19
03-11-2011, 16:37
I used to have mepro on a hk usp .40 and my cousin had tru glo TFO on his glock 22, and one night we went fishing and was very dark, so I compared them and there was a huge difference of brightness, so now I have tru glo TFO on my hk and my glock 23

Doc8404
03-11-2011, 17:17
I have Mepro adjustables....they are SHARP...as in, "nearly cut your hand" sharp.

JMies419
03-11-2011, 23:26
I like the green/green meprolights, have a set on my G19 and am getting ready to throw a set on my new G26.

mikem04rubi
03-12-2011, 21:37
I have both Trijicon and TFO's. They are the same brightness in the dark. But i must say the TFO's are GLOWING in the daytime. By far the best decision i made for my Glock.

Neal
03-12-2011, 22:10
these look interesting....http://www.suresight.com/

Look up the big thread on this company in the sights and optics forum here.

Two-Six
03-12-2011, 22:27
Meprolight tru dot. Best by far, have them on almost everything

Not impressed with Trijicons at all.

Glock Oem are nice. I like the logo on top!

denn1911
03-13-2011, 14:37
You can't go wrong with the TFO's, Trijicon or Glock.

Bill Lumberg
03-13-2011, 14:42
Meprolight, followed by trijicon.

Mathwiz
03-13-2011, 17:02
I have Meprolights on the way. I hope they are the best.:whistling:

RayB
03-13-2011, 18:16
TFOs have had more complaints posted about them on this forum than any other sight brand out there--it's just a fact. If you can get this site's search engine to work, you can readily confirm this. :whistling:

TFO's also have the crappiest warranty (90-days) of any night sights out there. They do warranty the tritium lamps, which are imported and distributed by Trijicon, for something like 10-years (I forget, exactly what the deal with that is).

At any rate, their confidence in the lamps, which they do not manufacture, appears to be far greater than their confidence in their sights, which they do. :upeyes:

It is true that I never specifically reviewed the TFO sights. But I also never referred to them as "garbage".

TFOs, IMO, are a clever if often problematic product, with a crappy warranty. Their history on this forum is a matter of record...

That TFO quality may have improved in recent years is a possibility. But if so, why the crappy 90-day warranty? :dunno:

--Ray

P.S. Again, if you can get the search feature to work, one GT member offered an excellent post on how to beef-up your TFOs, so that they'll hold up in the real world.

carguy2244
03-13-2011, 18:18
TruGlo TFOs. No doubt.

RayB
03-13-2011, 18:25
I have Meprolights on the way. I hope they are the best.:whistling:

I like them! ;)

Here's my Night Sight review...

My Take On Night Sights...

Self-Luminous Tritium Night Sights incorporate small tritium-charged lamps as sight markers. The hermetically sealed lamps consist of glass ampoules coated internally with phosphor and charged with tritium gas (Hydrogen 3). Free electrons in the decaying tritium gas strike and excite the phosphor coating, emitting light, much the way a CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) monitor or older television does. Tritium gas is a byproduct of nuclear fission. Tritium poses no health hazard unless it is ingested or inhaled. On average, you can expect 12+ years of useful light from tritium sights.

Glock OEM Night Sights utilize Meprolight lamps, and when purchased with the gun, are about the best deal going! The OEM models are combat-type sights, which typically had a staked-on front sight that dedicated that sight to one gun; but recently, we’ve been getting reports of a threaded-on front sight being the new standard for this set up. They are excellent bull's-eye sights out to 30-feet or so. We’ve also been hearing that Glock now offers Trijicon night sights, installed by the factory.

Meprolight Night Sights are rugged, well-made, low profile, combat-type sights, with a wide front blade to rear sight notch aspect. Israeli-made Meprolights were the first tritium night sights marketed for use on popular pistols and rifles. Their large lamps appear brighter than other night sights, partly because the interior of the lamp housings has a bright-white coating to increase internal reflection. The lamps and white plastic o-ring markers appear to be embedded in polished epoxy, which resists solvents and makes for easy cleaning. By design, the front sight appears brighter than the rear sight.

Trijicon Night Sights offer tritium lamps surrounded by an aluminum sleeve, pressed into the sight housing, and covered by a sapphire lens. This lens makes the sight markers appear very sharp in the dark, Vs. Meprolight's glowing orbs, and protects the lamps from external damage. The narrower front blade to rear sight notch aspect will be appreciated by sharper eyed shooters at the range. The quality is excellent, but care should be taken when cleaning to avoid harsh solvents and aggressive scrubbing, as the white o-rings are painted on. The new Trijicon HD sights rival AmeriGlo's Operator-style Sights in concept, and have a protective coating over the front sight marker.

AmeriGlo offers the best selection of night sights available. Quality is first-rate, as the sights combine Trijicon lamps with white PVC O-rings for markers. A combination of sight profiles, blade and notch widths, marker configurations, sizes and lamp colors, offers something for everyone. I really like their Operator sights with a green front and yellow rear lamps!

XS Big Dot sights are high quality combat sights, designed for SHTF situations. Place that big white dot on center mass, and if your trigger control is good, you will hit your target, out to 30-feet or better. The night sight picture is pleasing and easily picked up. These are a specialty sight, and many will find them wanting for range use; conversely, others will master them for target use too. More than any sight I know of, people like them or they don't.

Note: Lamp colors are often mixed today, combining the familiar green with yellow or orange, even red or blue tritium lamps. The brighter appearing green, always goes to the front... I personally like the two color set up, using yellow or orange rear lamps, with the green front. Note that green and yellow have a similar lamp-life, while other colors such as orange or red, may have half the lamp-life.

Summary: These are just a few night sights we've had first-hand experience with. There are other quality products, and some not-so-quality products out there to try. Some are innovative and novel--like TruGlo TFOs. Some are known to be problematic--like TruGlo TFOs. Any of the premium brands--i.e., Novak, Heinie, Dawson Precision, Bomar, etc.---should be excellent. The warranty is a good indicator of the manufacturer's confidence in their product.

--Ray

amt115
03-13-2011, 23:57
I've always been pleased with the Glock factory night sights.

zibby43
03-29-2011, 11:24
I like them! ;)

Here's my Night Sight review...

My Take On Night Sights...

Self-Luminous Tritium Night Sights incorporate small tritium-charged lamps as sight markers. The hermetically sealed lamps consist of glass ampoules coated internally with phosphor and charged with tritium gas (Hydrogen 3). Free electrons in the decaying tritium gas strike and excite the phosphor coating, emitting light, much the way a CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) monitor or older television does. Tritium gas is a byproduct of nuclear fission. Tritium poses no health hazard unless it is ingested or inhaled. On average, you can expect 12+ years of useful light from tritium sights.

Glock OEM Night Sights utilize Meprolight lamps, and when purchased with the gun, are about the best deal going! The OEM models are combat-type sights, which typically had a staked-on front sight that dedicated that sight to one gun; but recently, we’ve been getting reports of a threaded-on front sight being the new standard for this set up. They are excellent bull's-eye sights out to 30-feet or so. We’ve also been hearing that Glock now offers Trijicon night sights, installed by the factory.

Meprolight Night Sights are rugged, well-made, low profile, combat-type sights, with a wide front blade to rear sight notch aspect. Israeli-made Meprolights were the first tritium night sights marketed for use on popular pistols and rifles. Their large lamps appear brighter than other night sights, partly because the interior of the lamp housings has a bright-white coating to increase internal reflection. The lamps and white plastic o-ring markers appear to be embedded in polished epoxy, which resists solvents and makes for easy cleaning. By design, the front sight appears brighter than the rear sight.

Trijicon Night Sights offer tritium lamps surrounded by an aluminum sleeve, pressed into the sight housing, and covered by a sapphire lens. This lens makes the sight markers appear very sharp in the dark, Vs. Meprolight's glowing orbs, and protects the lamps from external damage. The narrower front blade to rear sight notch aspect will be appreciated by sharper eyed shooters at the range. The quality is excellent, but care should be taken when cleaning to avoid harsh solvents and aggressive scrubbing, as the white o-rings are painted on. The new Trijicon HD sights rival AmeriGlo's Operator-style Sights in concept, and have a protective coating over the front sight marker.

AmeriGlo offers the best selection of night sights available. Quality is first-rate, as the sights combine Trijicon lamps with white PVC O-rings for markers. A combination of sight profiles, blade and notch widths, marker configurations, sizes and lamp colors, offers something for everyone. I really like their Operator sights with a green front and yellow rear lamps!

XS Big Dot sights are high quality combat sights, designed for SHTF situations. Place that big white dot on center mass, and if your trigger control is good, you will hit your target, out to 30-feet or better. The night sight picture is pleasing and easily picked up. These are a specialty sight, and many will find them wanting for range use; conversely, others will master them for target use too. More than any sight I know of, people like them or they don't.

Note: Lamp colors are often mixed today, combining the familiar green with yellow or orange, even red or blue tritium lamps. The brighter appearing green, always goes to the front... I personally like the two color set up, using yellow or orange rear lamps, with the green front. Note that green and yellow have a similar lamp-life, while other colors such as orange or red, may have half the lamp-life.

Summary: These are just a few night sights we've had first-hand experience with. There are other quality products, and some not-so-quality products out there to try. Some are innovative and novel--like TruGlo TFOs. Some are known to be problematic--like TruGlo TFOs. Any of the premium brands--i.e., Novak, Heinie, Dawson Precision, Bomar, etc.---should be excellent. The warranty is a good indicator of the manufacturer's confidence in their product.

--Ray

Nice post man. This was very helpful for me!

Glock Jockey
03-31-2011, 21:07
Check out the AMERIGLO I SHOT PRO night sights. These are the night sights that come with the special Talo EXO finished Glocks. The only place I have been able to find them is from Ghost, Inc. You can buy them online at www.ghostinc.com (http://www.ghostinc.com) or from Ghost, Inc at some of the Gun Shows in Florida.

You can also get a review of the sights from the YouTube review of the Glock 19 EXO at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4ACgpZ43B8&feature=related and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBLgX7d1SAc

madAB
03-31-2011, 21:16
Check out the AMERIGLO I SHOT PRO night sights. These are the night sights that come with the special Talo EXO finished Glocks. The only place I have been able to find them is from Ghost, Inc. You can buy them online at www.ghostinc.com (http://www.ghostinc.com) or from Ghost, Inc at some of the Gun Shows in Florida.

You can also get a review of the sights from the YouTube review of the Glock 19 EXO at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4ACgpZ43B8&feature=related and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBLgX7d1SAc

This is the setup I have andI really like it. You could get a better price ordering straight from the ameriglo website and use GSSF in the coupon code. Plus, they have great service.

GRT45
03-31-2011, 21:19
The AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro night sights can be purchased directly from the AmeriGlo web site at the link below. Enter Promo Code GLOCKTALK for a 10% discount.

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets/i-dot

gh0st614
03-31-2011, 22:48
The AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro night sights can be purchased directly from the AmeriGlo web site at the link below. Enter Promo Code GLOCKTALK for a 10% discount.

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets/i-dot

Yep 90 shipped is so sexy. I wanted to also check out the Trijicon HDs but then I saw the price...ouch

Glock Jockey
04-01-2011, 15:31
Yeah, I looked at those on their web site

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sigh...ete-sets/i-dot (http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sigh...ete-sets/i-dot)

but they don't have the "orange" front site. That is one of the stand out features of these particular sites.

I could only find the set with the orange front site at ghostinc.com for the $99.95 price.

Huber
04-01-2011, 15:49
I have TFO's on my G22 and really like them! Love the sight picture compared to factory

d90king
04-01-2011, 16:00
You can also do a custom combo on the rear with a single or double trit insert.
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/GL433.jpg

GRT45
04-01-2011, 19:07
Yeah, I looked at those on their web site

but they don't have the "orange" front site. That is one of the stand out features of these particular sites.

I could only find the set with the orange front site at ghostinc.com for the $99.95 price.

Glock Jockey, use the link provided in Post #53 above (http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets/i-dot) to go to the correct page on the AmeriGlo web site, scroll down and find GL-201, GL-202, GL-203, GL-204 described as "i-dot Pro" or "Pro i-dot". The Pro in the product description is key as that set has the Hackathorn front sight with the bright orange outline.

Ghostinc.com has the sights mislabeled as "I SHOT Pro" and is charging $20 more for the same sights that you can get direct from AmeriGlo for $80 with 10% off using Promo Code GLOCKTALK.

plasticslap
04-01-2011, 19:25
I just put xs big dots on my third glock. I like them so much I became a dealer .

Can I get a set for my 27 with a dealer hookup?:supergrin:

Glock Jockey
04-01-2011, 21:34

Your suggested sights are not the same. I attached a piture of the sights to which I am referring. These that are on ghostinc.com are both front and rear night sites, with the front site having an orange ring around it and the green tritium dot in the center. The rear site also has a single tritium dot on the rear u of the sight, a single dot.

The example in the messgage above the one above, has no night tritium dot in the rear. It is not a night rear sight. The Ameriglo web site you are referencing only has green and yellow tritium dots, none have the orange ring on the front sight.

Though the differences are small, they are differences none the less and as I mentioned in my original post, I was inerested in putting on my EXO Glocks the "exact" sights that Talo offered on these guns as an option so no one would know that the guns I have did not come that way originally. Some Talo guns came with standard sights and some with these special night sights. I wanted to replicate them exactly.

gh0st614
04-01-2011, 22:12

Your suggested sights are not the same. I attached a piture of the sights to which I am referring. These that are on ghostinc.com are both front and rear night sites, with the front site having an orange ring around it and the green tritium dot in the center. The rear site also has a single tritium dot on the rear u of the sight, a single dot.

The example in the messgage above the one above, has no night tritium dot in the rear. It is not a night rear sight. The Ameriglo web site you are referencing only has green and yellow tritium dots, none have the orange ring on the front sight.

Though the differences are small, they are differences none the less and as I mentioned in my original post, I was inerested in putting on my EXO Glocks the "exact" sights that Talo offered on these guns as an option so no one would know that the guns I have did not come that way originally. Some Talo guns came with standard sights and some with these special night sights. I wanted to replicate them exactly.

On the Ameriglo website the ones designated I Dot "PRO" all have the orange ring around the front sight tritium.

Which would be the bottom 4 sets on this page on ameriglos site and they were 90 shipped which is cheaper than the ones on Ghost Inc. http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets/i-dot

They arent 'special' talo only sights here is my pair. I never realized how hard it is to photograph sights and especially since I needed the flash.
http://i52.tinypic.com/wsmyp4.jpg

GRT45
04-01-2011, 22:12

Your suggested sights are not the same. I attached a picture of the sights to which I am referring. These that are on ghostinc.com are both front and rear night sites, with the front site having an orange ring around it and the green tritium dot in the center. The rear site also has a single tritium dot on the rear u of the sight, a single dot.

The example in the message above the one above, has no night tritium dot in the rear. It is not a night rear sight. The Ameriglo web site you are referencing only has green and yellow tritium dots, none have the orange ring on the front sight.

Though the differences are small, they are differences none the less and as I mentioned in my original post, I was interested in putting on my EXO Glocks the "exact" sights that Talo offered on these guns as an option so no one would know that the guns I have did not come that way originally. Some Talo guns came with standard sights and some with these special night sights. I wanted to replicate them exactly.

I won't labor the point after this post, but the Glock EXO night sights you seek are the AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro Model GL-201 (green/green) or GL-202 (green/yellow). I've provided the link where you can buy them for $80 using promo code GLOCKTALK (see Post #53). A link to the photo of the GL-201 sights from the AmeriGlo web site is provided below and a small version of the photo is displayed beneath the link.

http://www.ameriglo.net/sites/default/files/pro%20idot%20green.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii251/UnPkg/I-DotProGL-201.jpg

Don't be confused by the picture shown in Post #57 above. The photo in Post #57 does not show the GL-201 set of sights.

On the Ghostinc.com web site, add them to your cart as a test and notice that the SKU number for the sights is AMG_GL-201. See the connection?

jamaicanj
04-09-2011, 15:16
The sevigny carry sights with tritium are my favorite...green dot up front, single yellow in the rear...model scy-11

faawrenchbndr
04-09-2011, 15:36

XS Sight Systems' Big Dots work for me!
My 26 is a defensive tool, it's not a 50m target gun. I wanted the quickest
sights I could find, these just plain work for my needs.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/faawrenchbndr/G26withGlockpintools.jpg

Seapup
04-09-2011, 16:11
XS Sight Systems' Big Dots work for me!
My 26 is a defensive tool, it's not a 50m target gun. I wanted the quickest
sights I could find, these just plain work for my needs.

I'll second that. :cheers:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4161/picture062b.jpg

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6142/picture061v.jpg

Thrill
04-15-2011, 02:28
Thanks for all the info,...