G22 and Surefire X300 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G22 and Surefire X300

SandLine
03-08-2011, 10:00
Iím thinking about mounting a Surefire X300 on a Gen 3 G22 which I believe was manufactured in early 2010. However, Iíve heard that weapon lights can cause the G22 to have reliability issues. Has anyone personally experienced or witnessed this?

Also, I noticed that the X300 has a couple different mounts to choose from, so maybe only one of those types of mounts was causing problems for other people.

Iím really hoping that either Glock addressed the issue on my year 2010 G22, or that Surefire figured out a solution. Iíd never put anything on a Glock that would compromise its supreme reliability.

fuzzy03cls
03-08-2011, 11:14
They addressed it in the Gen 4. I have a gen 4 G22 with the X300. Perfect.

I would not use a gen 3 .40 with a tac light.

Your just never know what your going to get.

Sertory_glock
03-08-2011, 11:46
I use a Surefire X-200 with a Gen3 34 and 19 with zero problems.

samuse
03-08-2011, 18:42
I'm not sure, but I think a stiffer recoil spring will help the 3rd gen 40s run better.

swinokur
03-09-2011, 09:32
Streamlight has a FAQ on this. They say it was a mag spring issue, which Glock has fixed by adding an extra coil. I also think the screw type clamp may contribute to the problem. The x300 uses a latch bar but the X400 uses a screw clamp. No known issues with the Surefires I know of.

The Streamlights use a clamp as well.

SandLine
03-09-2011, 10:12
Streamlight has a FAQ on this. They say it was a mag spring issue, which Glock has fixed by adding an extra coil. I also think the screw type clamp may contribute to the problem. The x300 uses a latch bar but the X400 uses a screw clamp. No known issues with the Surefires I know of.

The Streamlights use a clamp as well.

Do you know when Streamlight stated that Glock fixed the problem by adding an extra coil to the mags? Just wondering if my mags are new enough or if I should expect problems.

I agree with your theory on screw type clamp vs. latch bar as being part of the problem. In fact, the latch bar mount is one of the big reasons why I'm leaning towards a Surefire instead of a Streamlight. I think any light that squeezes the polymer frame together less, the better.

swinokur
03-09-2011, 10:24
It may be in the Streamlight FAQ on their home page. I don't have a cite. it's anecdotal but the G22/light issue has all but been put to bed from the lack of any new reports, which weren't that plentiful to begin with IMO You could call Streamlight or Glock to get the info.

Insight also makes some nice new LED weapon lights with the latch bar setup as well. I have the M6X LED Light/laser combo. the light only is M3X LED.

If you do tals to a vendor, let us know. If the problem has not surfaced by now, I doubt it ever will. I had a G22 with the M6X light and never a single issue. It was made in 2009.

Let us know what you find out.

:wavey: