What knife do you carry? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What knife do you carry?

Code6Charli
03-09-2011, 11:39
I'm just curious as to what knife any of you carry or if you carry one at all! Knives have become my knew obsession and I feel they compliment my firearm really well!

So, what do you find works best for you?

Charli

Grinchster
03-09-2011, 11:47
Uncle Henry

sawgrass
03-09-2011, 16:56
Benchmade 440C

MelARob
03-09-2011, 17:23
I have a claw-handle ATS-34, which I picked up while I was stationed in Japan.

-Mel

Sportsfame18
03-09-2011, 17:31
Bm 940 osbourne or kershaw blur sg2

KCHORNS
03-09-2011, 18:17
Right now I just carry a cheap spring assisted, but I've got my eye on a Sog.

Mudshark100
03-10-2011, 16:56
S&W SWAT. Love it. Best knife I've ever owned. Holds a sharp blade for a long time.

CRKT M16. Great knife also. Opens with a flick of the index finger.

Both are excellent

PATRICE
03-10-2011, 18:40

LilWolfess
03-12-2011, 14:48
Was this query posed mainly towards the womenfolk? If so, I am one :supergrin:

My beater knife is a Gerber Tanto Evo. The opening function is a little stiff, as is the clip, but I never have to worry about it falling off my jeans. For $20, it has a pretty thick blade that has taken quite a lot of abuse, and has held it's edge okay.

My nice knife is CRKT. I don't remember the model, but it's the fine edge blade and the same size as the Gerber, dimensionally. I save it for those finer occasions where people might be offended by a "mean" looking knife (churches, weddings, possible future in-laws etc.).

MrsKitty
03-12-2011, 18:05
S&W SWAT. Love it. Best knife I've ever owned. Holds a sharp blade for a long time.

CRKT M16. Great knife also. Opens with a flick of the index finger.

Both are excellent

I have two S&W's that I love. One is the anodized pink/green/purple/blue and the other is plain. Both have the half serrated blade that I prefer. Well, I have one now, but the other one is in this house *somewhere* so I know it'll turn up...

I managed to walk into the courthouse carrying one of the S&W's in a tiny purse. I remembered I had it as I set my purse down to go through the metal detector. On the other side the deputy pulls it out and opens it up and winces at the blade. He just looked at me and raised an eyebrow. I said, "I really and truly forgot that it was there." He said, "sure you did." "No, really. See, I always carry it in my purse *if* I carry my purse and I just didn't think about being in the courthouse today." He finally decided I was harmless when I asked if he would at least hold it until I left, and he did. :)

My husband got me a pink breast cancer edition Ka-bar a few weeks ago that I've been carrying now. I really like it.

http://www.smkw.com/large/knife/KA4065PK.jpg

Lone_Wolfe
03-13-2011, 03:18
Over here I carry a Gerber folder that cost $32 at the PX. I'm hard on the knife here and do things to it that I'd never do to one of my good knives, but it's holding up fine. In fact if I see someone who needs a knife when I'm getting ready to leave I'll give it to them. I have no need for it in the States.