Glock 30sf or Glock 23RTF2 for ccw [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 30sf or Glock 23RTF2 for ccw

Larry V
03-09-2011, 18:37
Good Evening Mas,

Which pistol would you prefer to CCW , Glock 23 or Glock 30SF. I love both guns and have no problem concealing either. Just torn between the 2,

Thank you sir!

Mas Ayoob
03-09-2011, 20:36
Being torn between two good guns isn't a bad thing, when you're unlikely to go wrong with either.:supergrin:

My personal preference is for the 30 series, and my G30s get a lot more carry and trigger time than my 23. For me personally, they carry about the same, but the slightly thicker dimensions of the G30 bother some folks more than others. YMMV.

Personally, I've been a .45 guy for 50 years and only shooting .40s for about 21 years, so there may be some "geezer habituation factor" involved in my own preference for the 30. I do like that in times of ammo shortage, there seems to be more "fudge factor" with less than favorite loads in .45 than in .40. And, when I have to carry in 10-round magazine jurisdictions as I have on a couple of trips recently, it would just gall me to have to carry a reduced capacity magazine in a G23 instead of a full capacity mag in a G30. On the other hand, the 23 does give you three more rounds, and there are reasons why the Glock 23 is so hugely popular.

You mentioned the 23RTF in your title line. Different folks react differently, but in hot weather or deep concealment carry where the gun might be next to bare skin, the RTF finish is abrasive to some.

As noted, either is a solid choice.

best,
Mas

Larry V
03-10-2011, 04:27
Being torn between two good guns isn't a bad thing, when you're unlikely to go wrong with either.:supergrin:

My personal preference is for the 30 series, and my G30s get a lot more carry and trigger time than my 23. For me personally, they carry about the same, but the slightly thicker dimensions of the G30 bother some folks more than others. YMMV.

Personally, I've been a .45 guy for 50 years and only shooting .40s for about 21 years, so there may be some "geezer habituation factor" involved in my own preference for the 30. I do like that in times of ammo shortage, there seems to be more "fudge factor" with less than favorite loads in .45 than in .40. And, when I have to carry in 10-round magazine jurisdictions as I have on a couple of trips recently, it would just gall me to have to carry a reduced capacity magazine in a G23 instead of a full capacity mag in a G30. On the other hand, the 23 does give you three more rounds, and there are reasons why the Glock 23 is so hugely popular.

You mentioned the 23RTF in your title line. Different folks react differently, but in hot weather or deep concealment carry where the gun might be next to bare skin, the RTF finish is abrasive to some.

As noted, either is a solid choice.

best,
Mas

I greatly appreciate your input. It got me to really think.The 30 is a soft shooting accurate gun. I like the RTF2 Frame but my 23 is not quite as accurate for me as the my 30SF. The round count doesn't matter that much to me after thinking about it. Thanks for your help with this my friend!!