Defective lasermax and poor service [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Defective lasermax and poor service

texas 48
03-09-2011, 22:13
Have an 1191 lasermax for a g29 that is unreliable. I am on my 3 rd end cap and have my 3rd spring in it. Bob at lasermax said he would ship me a new end cap on 2/28. Today is 3/9 and am still waiting. What do I have to do do get this 350 dollar accessory to function reliably? Is this too much to ask?

8541/9999
03-10-2011, 14:06
Call Bob at Lasermax indentify yourself as the Texan from Glock talk having the problem and he will figure out whats wrong. No way should it have taken this many times to get right.

pal2511
03-10-2011, 14:11
Last time I openly bad mouthed a sponsor on glocktalk the thread was locked and I got a warning.

JUST saying, trying to keep the peace

Little Joe
03-11-2011, 19:31
Last time I openly bad mouthed a sponsor on glocktalk the thread was locked and I got a warning.

I don't think he's bad mouthing them. He's telling us his experience, and it's not a positive one thus far. :dunno:

TSAX
03-11-2011, 20:03
Hang on, call them, maybe it got lost in the mail (like that never happens). Call them I'm sure they will help, maybe even re-send you another one. At the range I managed at I never had issue their service. I know it can be frustrating but unless they tell you to F--k off then keep trying. Good luck. :wavey:

texas 48
03-11-2011, 21:06
I don't think he's bad mouthing them. He's telling us his experience, and it's not a positive one thus far. :dunno:

Thanks for the support. I have Over 1000.00 invested in Lasermax products and have posted several favorable reviews and comments about them.
This unit is defective and was promised a fix .10 days is too long to wait for apart and this is the second time I have had to place a second call to get a part for this unit over the past year. Too many times to get the lost in the mail excuse . Someone at lasermax did not do their job. I have a reasonable expectation that when I have spent 350.00 for an accessory that can be critical to me in a SD situation and it does not work as advertised or fails to function after several issues with it . I have a right to post my experience on this forum.
After my post and the advise of 8541
I did make the call and now the laser is being sent back to lasermax at a Cost of 12.95 to me. I trust that it will be repaired or replaced and will be reliable when or if I need it .
I really could care less if it ruffles someone's feathers. I did not flame them but stated the truth. Some people can't handle the truth. I was not personal nor disrespectful in my post.
My 2 lasermax 1151 FGR Lasermax units have been reliable and I believe LASERMAX is the best laser product for Glock. I do believe that the ones with the double springs for subcompacts G29 that fire full house loads are under sprung using 16 lb springs but for range work I will put in my Wollfe 23 sling set in to save wear and tear on my LM.
Lasermax is now making good on the product and that is all I can ask. I always give a supplier an opportunity to make it right but I also believe that if I purchase the Top of the line product I have right to expect it to perform without a problem and not have the same thing go wrong multiple times and wait weeks for the part to fix it.

RayB
03-13-2011, 17:37
I did make the call and now the laser is being sent back to lasermax at a Cost of 12.95 to me. I trust that it will be repaired or replaced and will be reliable when or if I need it .

I have found LaserMax customer service to be first-rate. :thumbsup:

I don't see wshy you should have to pay an additional $12.95 to correct a problem you didn't cause, since the OEM didn't provide what you paid for. :dunno:

Perhaps, the OEM could send you batteries, caps and springs as a concession to the $12.95 cost to you... :whistling:

Originally Posted by pal2511

I'd like to see that thread... :upeyes:

--Ray

texas 48
03-13-2011, 18:13
I have found LaserMax customer service to be first-rate. :thumbsup:

I don't see wshy you should have to pay an additional $12.95 to correct a problem you didn't cause, since the OEM didn't provide what you paid for. :dunno:

Perhaps, the OEM could send you batteries, caps and springs as a concession to the $12.95 cost to you... :whistling:

I'd like to see that thread... :upeyes:

--Ray

I sent the laser priority mail insured for 350.00 thus the 12.95. I am not going to quible over 12.95 but you r correct. I just want it fixed because it is one of my 2 carry guns. I also asked for a heavier spring than the 16lb one that is stock.Don't think they have heavier springs.
I don't think LM realizes that many that carry the 10mm use more powerful ammo than the over the counter crap that is available. That laser which is designed to be a loose fit takes a real beating from full power loads. When I go to the range I will put my Wollfe guide rod and 23lb springs in to save the laser but should not have to. If it fails again I will ask for my money back and look for another option. I really want a laser on my carry weapons in case I have to fire from unusual positions or have to shoot with my other hand and do believe that a laser may deter a BG and I will not have to pull the trigger. I pray that I will never have to shoot anyone but if I am forced into a L or D situation I want every edge that is available to me.

Bill Lumberg
03-14-2011, 08:49
Sorry to hear you're having difficulty. The function of lasermax products and the responsiveness of lasermax customer service was most excellent when we T&E'd their products.

texas 48
03-23-2011, 19:17
Sent the laser to LM 3/11 delivered 3/14.9 days later no laser. Called today and was told that it shipped UPS but did not get shipping date. Asked 4 a tracking number was told it would be emailed at the end of the day.8 PM and no email. Thanks Lasermax for poor CS. Given BS just to get me off the phone.

TommyMN
03-23-2011, 19:35
sad to keep seeing issues. id love one of these for my g17

texas 48
03-23-2011, 20:04
sad to keep seeing issues. id love one of these for my g17

I have 2 other LM's for G20.They have been no problem at all. They have been reliable Was told today that they were sending a new one so I am ok with that but they returned it the slowest way possible. I got it to them 1800 miles USPS priority mail Shipped Friday delivered Monday. It will take 7 days for me to get it UPS. What I mind is not getting the followup I was promised. I know that s**t happens but when I am told I will get an email and don't get what I was promised it tells me something about a company's customer service. This is not the 1st time I have had this same experience with LM. Had to get a new spring and end cap and waited a week,was told it must have got lost in the mail then took another 5 days to finally get it. It was for the same laser that was just replaced

TSAX
03-23-2011, 20:15
LaserMax has always been good to me after many years of using and selling their products and dealing with their people. I will say that for the $300 for a LaserMax or any product you should expect and get good service.

LaserMax has sent me free batteries and a new tail cap. I have had or have 7 LaserMax's and 2 issues that were resolved quick and painless each time. 1 week turnaround. I hope this works out for you. :cheers:

texas 48
03-23-2011, 20:28
LaserMax has always been good to me after many years of using and selling their products and dealing with their people. I will say that for the $300 for a LaserMax or any product you should expect and get good service.

LaserMax has sent me free batteries and a new tail cap. I have had or have 7 LaserMax's and 2 issues that were resolved quick and painless each time. 1 week turnaround. I hope this works out for you. :cheers:

Thanks. I am sure it will. I think LM is the best product on the market. I got rid of my CT's on my 29's and the LM have been good on my G20's. I think the double springs on the 1191 for the 29 and 30 are a little problematic because they have to fit looser than the single spring models. The full power ammo from 10mm also add to the issue. The springs for the 1191 are rated at 16 lbs. Full power ammo beats them up pretty good

texas 48
03-24-2011, 14:11
Finally got an answer from LM. Delivered to LM on 3/14 shipped 3/23 9 days. UPS estimated delivery date 3/30 another 6 days. I shipped 3/11 . Total time 18 days.

zebramochaman
03-24-2011, 23:17
I purchased a guide rod laser for my g-32 a couple of years ago that I had problems with. Although I was not happy with the product, I can say that the customer service I received was outstanding. Ultimately, it boiled down to the fact that I did not like the product.
The communications and responses I received from Lasermax was excellent.
The laser just requires more maintenance then I am willing to spend. The guide rod springs and batteries need to be replaced frequently to insure reliable performance. Having said that, the special forces use these devices. These organizations have armorers who make sure that all equipment is ready to go before a mission. I personally do not need this level of sophistication. I want something that will do the job when and if I need it as a civilian.
In summary, does it work-YES, Is it accurate-YES is it a PITA-YES.

texas 48
03-25-2011, 00:13
I purchased a guide rod laser for my g-32 a couple of years ago that I had problems with. Although I was not happy with the product, I can say that the customer service I received was outstanding. Ultimately, it boiled down to the fact that I did not like the product.
The communications and responses I received from Lasermax was excellent.
The laser just requires more maintenance then I am willing to spend. The guide rod springs and batteries need to be replaced frequently to insure reliable performance. Having said that, the special forces use these devices. These organizations have armorers who make sure that all equipment is ready to go before a mission. I personally do not need this level of sophistication. I want something that will do the job when and if I need it as a civilian.
In summary, does it work-YES, Is it accurate-YES is it a PITA-YES.
I can appreciate that most people seem to have had a favorable experience with LM CS. This experience has left me less than enthusiastic about their CS. My Laser did not ship until after I made my call on the 23rd and I was told that it had already shipped . To make matters worse they shipped the slowest way possible UPS ground. 18 days to wait is an exceptionally long time and I had to pay 13.00 to get it to them and LM made no attempt that I know of to make that good.

Good and bad experiences should be shared with others on this forum and I have not hesitated to say favorable things for other suppliers who perform well and go out of their way to take care of their customers.

TSAX
03-25-2011, 00:19
Good and bad experiences should be shared with others on this forum

:agree:

:50cal:

Upstate Glocker
03-25-2011, 00:23
I've bought 3 LaserMax products and they all worked great. Only called customer service once on a maintenance issue and they answered the phone themselves (no endless phone tree) and I got the answer I was looking for. I would definitely recommend them, especially for Glocks which they seem to design for.